Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, bobmacliberty said:

Watched the first episode of the Challenge and I'm not sure about it yet.  Will give it another episode.  For my tastes, it's a little too much Big Brother (sitting around on couches talking) and Love Island (brainless sexy twerking) and not enough Amazing Race and Survivor (challenges and strategy).  We'll see.  Fortunately, YouTube TV has unlimited DVR space.  Kinda like ordering a drink you've never had with the drink package because what the heck...it's free.

I watched several old episodes of The Challenge on Netflix last year so I knew what to expect.I thought that the contestants who were on Survivor and Amazing Race would do better in physical challenges.

• Like 1

We will be trying a new Italian restaurant tonight on the island with some Italian friends (who definitely know good Italian food).  It's called Alloro Bistro and is a sister to the Alloro Restaurant in Sicily.  We talked to one person who said it was just OK, and to a couple who said it was outstanding.  The menu looks great and is supposed to be all made from scratch.  We'll see if the food lives up to the hype.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

On their website there is section called tips and tricks. I found that to be very informative.

Thanks Greg!  I went online to check it out after seeing Deb's and John's posts about their grills🥰

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We will be trying a new Italian restaurant tonight on the island with some Italian friends (who definitely know good Italian food).  It's called Alloro Bistro and is a sister to the Alloro Restaurant in Sicily.  We talked to one person who said it was just OK, and to a couple who said it was outstanding.  The menu looks great and is supposed to be all made from scratch.  We'll see if the food lives up to the hype.

I’m always on the lookout for restaurant reviews from Amelia!  Come back tomorrow and tell us how it was!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Last week, my granddaughter was in an over chlorinated pool, and her blond hair turned green.   It is back to blond now. 

Yup, that used to happen to me and my Brother all the time, both blondies.   We had green hair on a regular basis from swimming in the pools at our elementary, jr high and high school had as part of gym class.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Big Brother began three days ago.As of now I am rooting for Joe from Staten Island,NY and Monte.

On the Challenge I am rooting for Danny ,Leo and Enzo.

Thanks for heads up. 

I hope it's better than last summer

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Watched the first episode of the Challenge and I'm not sure about it yet.  Will give it another episode.  For my tastes, it's a little too much Big Brother (sitting around on couches talking) and Love Island (brainless sexy twerking) and not enough Amazing Race and Survivor (challenges and strategy).  We'll see.  Fortunately, YouTube TV has unlimited DVR space.  Kinda like ordering a drink you've never had with the drink package because what the heck...it's free.

I understand.   What helped us is that we recorded it and fast forward to the challenges.  Saves time watching it.  We watch some talk when it is  strategy talk.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Fortunately, YouTube TV has unlimited DVR space. 

That's what I really like about it. The only thing I don't like is the guide going through Apple TV. You can't jump forward days and you can't jump from one channel to another by putting in a channel number, you have to scroll up and down.

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Oh and another show to binge watch. On Netflix is a very interesting documentary called "Bad Vegan Fame, Fraud, Fugitives." After marrying a mysterious man who claimed he could make her dog immortal, a vegan restaurateur finds her life veering off the rails. So far only finished episode one but it seems very promising. Check it out.

I watched and found it interesting for two reasons.One is that the restaurant was located in an area that I worked in more than 30 years.

Second is that my best friend from HS is a celebrated Vegan Chef .

• Like 2

19 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Freeport. 🙂 

I can’t believe I said Falmouth!

The only thing I know about Falmouth is the road sign for Falmouth Foreside. 
I always wanted to check that out. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I'm glad I read all the posts before responding. I was just about to respond that I had been to VooDoo donuts in Portland, OR and didn't know they had made it this far east.

Having said that, I've been to many a gourmet donuts shops over the years and while all were pretty good, not quite sure they are worth the price.

But then again, I'm a pretty basic donuts guy. Just give me some Krispy Kreme or store bought Glazed Entermanns and I'm good. 🙂

Sign up for Krispy Kreme’s loyalty club and get a dozen!!! glazed doughnuts for your birthday!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I am sitting here on my computer, DW in the other room watching TV, she changes channel, and every other sound is a beep. guess she is watching BD reruns. More beeps per second than any other program. I wonder if anyone completes a sentence with out at least one beep.

It's a tie with Gordon Ramsey's H**l's kitchen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's what I really like about it. The only thing I don't like is the guide going through Apple TV. You can't jump forward days and you can't jump from one channel to another by putting in a channel number, you have to scroll up and down.

We go over to the other Fl coast to watch the gran kids while DD and SIL go away.  He "cut the cable" a while back, and DW cannot find the channels she likes.  That would never fly in our house.  She likes our cable, turn the TV on, click the guide, sees all of the channels to see what is on. Happy wife, happy life.

we do have access to a lot of streaming services through our cable box, a lot free, like Amazon prime , Peacock, and I do subscribe to YouTube, and our son has a Netflix channel we can watch, but rarely do. She pays no attention to those. I have things I watch , which I record since a lot are after bed time, and watch them when I want.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

2 years from today we will be headed to Barcelona to end the 3rd leg of the world cruise. I wonder what will have impressed me the most by then?

Is that the only leg you are doing?

I have never watched Below Deck. 
But I do kinda sorta have a connection (remote). 
Captain Sandy bought a derelict building here in Jacksonville, planning to restore it as a restaurant. 
It was originally Fire Station #4. 
How she wound up in Jacksonville I don’t have a clue. 
When she first bought the building, you guys weren’t talking about Below Deck, so her name meant nothing to me. 
This time when I read the article, her name jumped right off the page!

The preservation types are fighting her on this. Better to let it crumble than turn it into something good. 

C366A03C-5230-4987-BFDB-5DDB60EC90A2.jpeg

59898F22-059B-4AC1-AC5C-E422DE493095.jpeg

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I wonder how "my quote" shows me talking about YouTube TV.  I don't have YouTube TV.  We have Suddenlink. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

We go over to the other Fl coast to watch the gran kids while DD and SIL go away.  He "cut the cable" a while back, and DW cannot find the channels she likes.  That would never fly in our house.  She likes our cable, turn the TV on, click the guide, sees all of the channels to see what is on. Happy wife, happy life.

we do have access to a lot of streaming services through our cable box, a lot free, like Amazon prime , Peacock, and I do subscribe to YouTube, and our son has a Netflix channel we can watch, but rarely do. She pays no attention to those. I have things I watch , which I record since a lot are after bed time, and watch them when I want.

Me too. All I use is cable

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Sign up for Krispy Kreme’s loyalty club and get a dozen!!! glazed doughnuts for your birthday!

When I was 18, our high school class sold Krispy Kreme doughnuts as a fund raiser.  I think every Friday for about six weeks.  At first they smelled incredibly delicious…now, lo these ensuing 44 years, the smell nauseates me…🤢

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

A neighbor of mine once cautioned me NOT to try an Italian restaurant not far from us.  She went on and on about how awful the baked ziti was.  That was the same dish my friend and I had for lunch and we both thought it was delicious.  

Hope you enjoy!

I had to add to the donut chat.  Look at these "Hurts" donuts.  The one next to "Cookie Monster" is amazing.

Image result for hurts donuts

Christmas donuts

Hurts Donut – Branson Christmas Info

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yup, that used to happen to me and my Brother all the time, both blondies.   We had green hair on a regular basis from swimming in the pools at our elementary, jr high and high school had as part of gym class.

No swimming pools for gym class while I was in school. I'm sure that was interesting.😜😁

• Like 1