Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks.  She is one tough girl.  She has gone through more than I could imagine and still has a great attitude.   Since her pregnancy she started off having covid, then has had 3 kidney stones, she has gestational diabetes and high blood pressure.   Besides that, all is going well.  With her last appointment the doctor mentioned that they may have the delivery a couple weeks earlier than the first due date which will be the end of August. The baby is looking fine.  A little on the big side at this point.   This will be our 7th GB.  Just get ready for pics!  Please keep them in your prayers. 

Our second GS is due on 01Sept. Hopefully my DS n DIL will allow us to post pics, my eldest doesn't allow with our first GS.  Though I did show Dani some pics 😉

Wishing your daughter well for the remainder of her pregnancy.  It sounds like she's getting great care. 

My DIL also got covid (from me) during her pregnancy in March 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Farmer was here today and did the field behind our house.

Looks real nice now.

20220712_170050.jpg

20220712_170651.jpg

20220712_170750.jpg

20220712_191502.jpg

Wow that must take you some time to cut your grass!

7 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Benny's got a bit of an attitude too.

Oh boy. Gonna be a long season. 

Yes, he needs to be knocked down a peg or two.

One thing I'm finding with two BDs starting at the same time is I'm having a little trouble keeping straight who is on which crew!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Wow that must take you some time to cut your grass!

Our property to the left in the back yard only goes to that gully you see in the pictures. A couple bought that property to the left last fall. They were going to build this past spring but decided material now was priced to high to start building at this time so now all they do is come like every 10 days and mow the lot.

Our property is about 1 acre and 1/2.........most of our property goes on the other side of the garden to the to the right, opposite side as to where you see the gazebo. Gazebo is set up in the back corner and rest of the property goes about 250 ft to the right.

Have a riding tractor to do the mower with a 54" deck, takes about hour and half to do the mowing.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

George, I’m sorry to read about Gracie. 

As OB said if you can find comfort in knowing you gave the best life that is the best thing. In all honesty, I’d love to come back as a pet in anyone’s house on this thread.

You’d be very well loved…but you would be neutered…

• Haha 17

12 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks.  She is one tough girl.  She has gone through more than I could imagine and still has a great attitude.   Since her pregnancy she started off having covid, then has had 3 kidney stones, she has gestational diabetes and high blood pressure.   Besides that, all is going well.  With her last appointment the doctor mentioned that they may have the delivery a couple weeks earlier than the first due date which will be the end of August. The baby is looking fine.  A little on the big side at this point.   This will be our 7th GB.  Just get ready for pics!  Please keep them in your prayers. 

We will keep them in our prayers🙏   for everyone to be healthy and easy delivery.

Excited to see photos😃

Is this her first baby?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Now they deer are coming into the back yard looking for food.

Action shot, deer on the move !!

20220712_200811.jpg

One deer is eating apples right off the tree. Yikes !!

20220712_201326.jpg

Some clover there in the grass.  Check out the skies, just about time for our evening thunderstorm and heavy rain and winds.

20220712_201333.jpg

Now I'm getting pissed, going after the Hydrangea. Can't show this picture to my wife, I will be out there 24/7 protecting it.

20220712_201432.jpg

20220712_201445.jpg

Next move might be that deer climbing the steps and walking on our deck.

20220712_201454.jpg

Maybe you should whip up some of Johns (Ozark kids) mixture of garlic and hot peppers for your flowers😃

• Like 4

21 hours ago, George C said:

Our little kitty had heart problems and after several hours in the emergency vet she was put to sleep, she was my lap cat Gracie 

image.thumb.jpeg.ded2695f36d529d48a4fc61397abbff5.jpeg
this is her and her brother as kittens 

image.thumb.jpeg.094e09aaf52323545b5a01238f2f9e2b.jpeg

I'm so sorry to hear about Gracie 

7b2aa82b258e14f703d8d77c636097a4.jpg

• Like 8

Good afternoon.

It is currently 80°F and sunny.

We had a nice time at the beach.

Our Sarah has been poorly with Covid but she text an hour ago to say she is feeling a lot better.

IMG_20220713_121435.jpg

IMG_20220713_120931.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 20

Good morning.

Usually CC gives me trouble with logging in, or just sending post to "the unknown". 

But today it was our computer.

Must have been lonely not having any fingers typing away on it for 2 days while we were away.

Arrived home safely last eve and by the time we unloaded the car, unpacked, cooked dinner, showered and chilled it was time to go to bed.

But something interesting happened to one  our friends who went to the conference in Columbus.

"M" is a single dad and his daughter "A" is 12.

They live with his father and he took care of "A" while he was gone.

Great family arrangement.

So he skipped out halfway through the last lecture and headed home to be with his family since everyone has to work today, that went to the conference.

So coming up from Columbus on I 71 the recommended speed is 65mph then goes to 70mph.

I was driving and traffic was moving at 78-80mph.

So I was moving with traffic at a comfortable 78ish mph while the DH snoozed.

As we were pulling in our driveway DH phone dings, that "M" got a speeding ticket from a blue light special for doing 85mph in the 70mph zone.

Yup, he saved no time, and just got home as we did, (I think he said $105ish dollars lighter that he has to go to a website to pay).

When we drove home we only say one state highway near Meander Resevoir and I was a good girl at that time only doing 70 in a 65 mph zone.

Today. Taking it as it goes.

P.S. Took me 45 min to catch up on this thread.

Be safe.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning.

Usually CC gives me trouble with logging in, or just sending post to "the unknown". 

But today it was our computer.

Must have been lonely not having any fingers typing away on it for 2 days while we were away.

Arrived home safely last eve and by the time we unloaded the car, unpacked, cooked dinner, showered and chilled it was time to go to bed.

But something interesting happened to one  our friends who went to the conference in Columbus.

"M" is a single dad and his daughter "A" is 12.

They live with his father and he took care of "A" while he was gone.

Great family arrangement.

So he skipped out halfway through the last lecture and headed home to be with his family since everyone has to work today, that went to the conference.

So coming up from Columbus on I 71 the recommended speed is 65mph then goes to 70mph.

I was driving and traffic was moving at 78-80mph.

So I was moving with traffic at a comfortable 78ish mph while the DH snoozed.

As we were pulling in our driveway DH phone dings, that "M" got a speeding ticket from a blue light special for doing 85mph in the 70mph zone.

Yup, he saved no time, and just got home as we did, (I think he said $105ish dollars lighter that he has to go to a website to pay).

When we drove home we only say one state highway near Meander Resevoir and I was a good girl at that time only doing 70 in a 65 mph zone.

Today. Taking it as it goes.

P.S. Took me 45 min to catch up on this thread.

Be safe.

I remember back in the day Ohio was very strict on speed limits.  Back then it was not a surprise to hear someone get pulled over for just a few miles over the limit.  Have they eased up now?

14 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks.  She is one tough girl.  She has gone through more than I could imagine and still has a great attitude.   

This will be our 7th GB.  Just get ready for pics! 

Please keep them in your prayers. 

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I will be thinking positive thoughts and wishing her the best. My thoughts are with all of you.

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Wishing your daughter well for the remainder of her pregnancy.  It sounds like she's getting great care. 

+ 3 🌷

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, he needs to be knocked down a peg or two.

One thing I'm finding with two BDs starting at the same time is I'm having a little trouble keeping straight who is on which crew!

Me too!  Last night I was looking for the lazy Bosun!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Jade had to go to the vet today for a booster shot. The first thing everyine said was she is getting her green eyes.🙂 She did really well and is not even mad at me.

20220713_101057.thumb.jpg.a354ecb43f90debfe27179668d13720e.jpg

20220713_100800.thumb.jpg.6a6193775ad25dfc4fd8ce75745d3b91.jpg

Just beautiful ! I would love to pet her. I bet that fur is silky soft.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Maybe you should whip up some of Johns (Ozark kids) mixture of garlic and hot peppers for your flowers😃

Used this last year and it seemed to have worked. Usually just put it directly on the flowers and bushes that are around the house. Haven't see any deer close to any of the plants until yesterday.

I don't need it for our garden because there is a 5ft fence around the whole thing, As of yet the deer have not attempted to jump over that fence. So garden is not an issue with the deer.

I know as soon as I tell me Wife I see the deer around that Hydrangea  she will be mixing up that brew for me to spray.

Smelly Deer Repellent Spray

The smell of rotten eggs and spoiled milk is stinky enough to keep deer at the yard's edge. So if you use these pungent ingredients as a natural deer repellent, make sure they're far away from windows and outdoor living areas, so they don't waft into daily life.

To create this easy deer spray: 

1. Beat an egg in a bowl. 
  2. Use a small funnel to pour the beaten egg into an empty 16-ounce spray bottle. 
  3. Add 1 tablespoon cooking oil, 1 tablespoon dish soap, and 1/2 cup milk to the bottle with the egg. 
  4. Fill the bottle halfway with water, then close the lid tightly. Shake the closed bottle to mix the contents together.
  5. Store the spray in the refrigerator until ready to spray it outside. 
  6. Spray the mixture around the garden, but not on anything you are going to eat. 

After a few days of spraying, deer should get the hint that your plants are not their next meal.

• Thanks 1