Jump to content
,

Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I use post it notes for a lot of reminders.

Even if I’m just running errands, I  build an itinerary on my iPhone notepad.
if I don’t, I’m liable to come home with the dry cleaning still in the back seat!. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

How were you able to watch it? Peacock App? It does not air on Bravo till July 11th. I’m looking forward to the new season. There looks like two girls that almost look identical. I wonder if it will get confusing. A lot of people don’t like Captain Sandy, I do. Yes she does micromanage but it’s her boat as Captain. It’s interesting to see how different the Captains are not on from a managerial standpoint but their personality. I really like Capt. Jason on BD Down Under and Capt. Glen on BD Sailing. Capt. Lee is still my favorite. I have drink coasters of all his sayings.

Yes, Peacock App.    I was surprised when I saw it was available.     I like Capt. Sandy and yes, she has every right to micromanage.    I would be extremely nervous being in charge of someone else's yacht that is worth $35 million.    

Yes, two girls do look a lot alike.   Natalie and Natasha.     One difference I noticed so far is one where glasses at least some of the time.   

Captain Lee is definitely my favorite😃

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My brother and his wife set the gold standard for being late to everything. 
one Christmas Eve when it was our turn to host I decided that I wasn’t going to let another dinner be ruined. 
The rest of us ate, I cleared the table and loaded the dishwasher. 
When they arrived, with no apologies, I reset the table and left them to it.
This was before microwaves. 
The remains of dinner were still on the table. 
Nothing like old mashed potatoes!
Did that teach them anything? No!!

Other peoples’ time  was and is simply not important to them. 

Wow!    I maybe late but Not that late.    My average lateness is 10 to 15 minutes and in no way is it every meant to be disrespectful and anyone that knows me knows that. 

 

I get upset with people that are too early.       Eric's Father was someone that would show up 30 to 45 minutes early.      That always annoyed me as he would sit on the sofa and keep asking what he could do (go back home and come when you are suppose to I felt like saying sometimes).   But then he was probably thrilled to get out of the house and be with people other than Eric's Mom.    😇  

  • Like 4
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My birthday was Monday and we spent the night in a riverfront hotel room with a comfortable balcony. Dinner at Ruth’s Chris in the hotel with friends. 
I was surprised with a nice gift basket when we got to our room. Prosecco, a bottle of Pinot Grigio, Godiva chocolates, gourmets nuts and popcorn, and more stuff I can’t remember. 
Our fireworks are set off from barges in the river. We had a pre-show display from the baseball park across the river in our sports complex. 
All in all, a great night!

I’m posting some fireworks photos taken from the balcony. I only have an iPhone 8+, which is fine, as I would never be able to figure out how to improve my photos!

C97AB7D6-0422-4E71-AA6C-656E29BEECB7.jpeg

B000BF5B-013D-4B91-9F72-26FE134FDF2A.jpeg

706C45E6-D480-429B-822F-0F48D642476A.jpeg

F338EC28-4049-4056-8A2A-DC1E27DC0DEB.jpeg

B749ECDE-9BBC-4A43-B50B-D596D0460C81.jpeg

B7F8D737-6B29-48F2-8400-6D212B51B60F.jpeg

27F6E1FB-36F3-4C62-B6D7-F21DD8A72C94.jpeg

B9B0133E-A090-4CF9-8820-A5896C0FE867.jpeg

A3CE2AA5-D08E-45FD-BD27-038EAD30F8B3.jpeg

  • Like 33
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I’m an unabashed fan of the royals. 
I watched Her Majesty’s coronation on our little black and white TV. Got up even earlier for Charles and Diana’s,  William and Kate’s and Harry and Meghan’s weddings. 
Dick is the one that 100% British, while I haven’t a drop of British blood. 
I hope I live long enough to see William crowned. Not that I’m trying to hurry Charles along. 

I recently saw a PBS show on the Royals that gave some background on Charles and his relationship with his parents and the pressures put in him to marry and produce heirs. It gave me a new outlook on him and I tend to view him with more empathy than I did in the past. It gave the impression that Charles was not the type of son that Philip wanted. I found that quite sad.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My birthday was Monday and we spent the night in a riverfront hotel room with a comfortable balcony. Dinner at Ruth’s Chris in the hotel with friends. 
I was surprised with a nice gift basket when we got to our room. Prosecco, a bottle of Pinot Grigio, Godiva chocolates, gourmets nuts and popcorn, and more stuff I can’t remember. 
Our fireworks are set off from barges in the river. We had a pre-show display from the baseball park across the river in our sports complex. 
All in all, a great night!

I’m posting some fireworks photos taken from the balcony. I only have an iPhone 8+, which is fine, as I would never be able to figure out how to improve my photos!

C97AB7D6-0422-4E71-AA6C-656E29BEECB7.jpeg

B000BF5B-013D-4B91-9F72-26FE134FDF2A.jpeg

706C45E6-D480-429B-822F-0F48D642476A.jpeg

F338EC28-4049-4056-8A2A-DC1E27DC0DEB.jpeg

B749ECDE-9BBC-4A43-B50B-D596D0460C81.jpeg

B7F8D737-6B29-48F2-8400-6D212B51B60F.jpeg

27F6E1FB-36F3-4C62-B6D7-F21DD8A72C94.jpeg

B9B0133E-A090-4CF9-8820-A5896C0FE867.jpeg

A3CE2AA5-D08E-45FD-BD27-038EAD30F8B3.jpeg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mimi💐    Glad you had a wonderful day.    An evening away from home, dinner with friends and fireworks is always fun😍

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I recently saw a PBS show on the Royals that gave some background on Charles and his relationship with his parents and the pressures put in him to marry and produce heirs. It gave me a new outlook on him and I tend to view him with more empathy than I did in the past. It gave the impression that Charles was not the type of son that Philip wanted. I found that quite sad.

I believe I watched the same show as I had the exact same feelings when I was done watching.    Hearing the stories of what Diana went through is also very sad.   There is definitely a lot of pressure and behind the scenes events that we do not see and would probably never understand.    They need to put on that big smile and look perfect no matter how they really feel.   

I do not believe I would be happy living their lives.   I will stay happy as a peasant going on my Royal cruises instead of a mega/super yacht😃

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My birthday was Monday and we spent the night in a riverfront hotel room with a comfortable balcony. Dinner at Ruth’s Chris in the hotel with friends. 
I was surprised with a nice gift basket when we got to our room. Prosecco, a bottle of Pinot Grigio, Godiva chocolates, gourmets nuts and popcorn, and more stuff I can’t remember. 
Our fireworks are set off from barges in the river. We had a pre-show display from the baseball park across the river in our sports complex. 
All in all, a great night!

I’m posting some fireworks photos taken from the balcony. I only have an iPhone 8+, which is fine, as I would never be able to figure out how to improve my photos!

C97AB7D6-0422-4E71-AA6C-656E29BEECB7.jpeg

B000BF5B-013D-4B91-9F72-26FE134FDF2A.jpeg

706C45E6-D480-429B-822F-0F48D642476A.jpeg

F338EC28-4049-4056-8A2A-DC1E27DC0DEB.jpeg

B749ECDE-9BBC-4A43-B50B-D596D0460C81.jpeg

B7F8D737-6B29-48F2-8400-6D212B51B60F.jpeg

27F6E1FB-36F3-4C62-B6D7-F21DD8A72C94.jpeg

B9B0133E-A090-4CF9-8820-A5896C0FE867.jpeg

A3CE2AA5-D08E-45FD-BD27-038EAD30F8B3.jpeg

Happy belated birthday Mimi.

74981174-F7B7-4629-9035-75186B10B636.jpeg.c9dda064cc22612cd319e02f12ecb804.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I recently saw a PBS show on the Royals that gave some background on Charles and his relationship with his parents and the pressures put in him to marry and produce heirs. It gave me a new outlook on him and I tend to view him with more empathy than I did in the past. It gave the impression that Charles was not the type of son that Philip wanted. I found that quite sad.

What is sad is what Charles did to his wife Princess Diana who probably would have still been alive today if he had been a good husband to her.

 

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My birthday was Monday and we spent the night in a riverfront hotel room with a comfortable balcony. Dinner at Ruth’s Chris in the hotel with friends. 
I was surprised with a nice gift basket when we got to our room. Prosecco, a bottle of Pinot Grigio, Godiva chocolates, gourmets nuts and popcorn, and more stuff I can’t remember. 
Our fireworks are set off from barges in the river. We had a pre-show display from the baseball park across the river in our sports complex. 
All in all, a great night!

I’m posting some fireworks photos taken from the balcony. I only have an iPhone 8+, which is fine, as I would never be able to figure out how to improve my photos!

C97AB7D6-0422-4E71-AA6C-656E29BEECB7.jpeg

B000BF5B-013D-4B91-9F72-26FE134FDF2A.jpeg

706C45E6-D480-429B-822F-0F48D642476A.jpeg

F338EC28-4049-4056-8A2A-DC1E27DC0DEB.jpeg

B749ECDE-9BBC-4A43-B50B-D596D0460C81.jpeg

B7F8D737-6B29-48F2-8400-6D212B51B60F.jpeg

27F6E1FB-36F3-4C62-B6D7-F21DD8A72C94.jpeg

B9B0133E-A090-4CF9-8820-A5896C0FE867.jpeg

A3CE2AA5-D08E-45FD-BD27-038EAD30F8B3.jpeg

Lovely photos Mimi especially of yourself and your husband.

Graham.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy Birthday Mimi!  Your birthday celebration sounds wonderful.  Wishing you many more!  Love the photos.

 

I'm home from rehab, after almost 5 weeks.  I still can't put any weight (standing, walking) on my left leg until August but I'm home.  Small apt. here and it's a challenge maneuvering this wheelchair, plus we're moving to another apt (smaller!) on Monday.  My sister and bro in law were going to help but they now both have covid!  They were supposed to come visit last week, 3 days before my BIL tested positive.  At that time I wasn't up for visitors even family so I asked them to come another day.  So lucky I did that because one thing worse that being in rehab is being isolated with covid in rehab.  We were tested weekly for covid.  My sister got covid 2 days after her husband tested positive.

 

Happy news is my daughter and grands will be coming for a 10 day visit in August, after camp, before school starts. I should be walking by then.  Can't wait for those hugs.

  • Like 26
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy Birthday Mimi!  Your birthday celebration sounds wonderful.  Wishing you many more!  Love the photos.

 

I'm home from rehab, after almost 5 weeks.  I still can't put any weight (standing, walking) on my left leg until August but I'm home.  Small apt. here and it's a challenge maneuvering this wheelchair, plus we're moving to another apt (smaller!) on Monday.  My sister and bro in law were going to help but they now both have covid!  They were supposed to come visit last week, 3 days before my BIL tested positive.  At that time I wasn't up for visitors even family so I asked them to come another day.  So lucky I did that because one thing worse that being in rehab is being isolated with covid in rehab.  We were tested weekly for covid.  My sister got covid 2 days after her husband tested positive.

 

Happy news is my daughter and grands will be coming for a 10 day visit in August, after camp, before school starts. I should be walking by then.  Can't wait for those hugs.

 Congratulations on being home!

I hope you have lots of help for the move.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, George C said:

Glad my local supermarket has a 25% sale on wine , need to replenish all the wine that evaporated during our July 4th party .

We still have unopened bottles of liquor that we bought for my parents surprise 25 th.anniversary party,way back in the Stone Age.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy Birthday Mimi!  Your birthday celebration sounds wonderful.  Wishing you many more!  Love the photos.

 

I'm home from rehab, after almost 5 weeks.  I still can't put any weight (standing, walking) on my left leg until August but I'm home.  Small apt. here and it's a challenge maneuvering this wheelchair, plus we're moving to another apt (smaller!) on Monday.  My sister and bro in law were going to help but they now both have covid!  They were supposed to come visit last week, 3 days before my BIL tested positive.  At that time I wasn't up for visitors even family so I asked them to come another day.  So lucky I did that because one thing worse that being in rehab is being isolated with covid in rehab.  We were tested weekly for covid.  My sister got covid 2 days after her husband tested positive.

 

Happy news is my daughter and grands will be coming for a 10 day visit in August, after camp, before school starts. I should be walking by then.  Can't wait for those hugs.

Hi Bonnie,     Welcome Home.    Even though it is only a matter of days before you move it is probably nice to be back home to your own surroundings.       Although I would miss having help and prepared meals.    Your Hubby is sure going to be busy with helping you and preparing for the move.       Take care and keep us posted. 🤩

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I get upset with people that are too early.       Eric's Father was someone that would show up 30 to 45 minutes early.      That always annoyed me as he would sit on the sofa and keep asking what he could do (go back home and come when you are suppose to I felt like saying sometimes).   But then he was probably thrilled to get out of the house and be with people other than Eric's Mom.    😇  

 

When we lived in Cincinnati, we had a huge Halloween party every year.  The first party we ever had (late 90s??) involved inviting people from various "circles" to the same party.  Ladies (and husbands) from book club and Bunco, guys (and wives) from golf.  Most in those circles didn't overlap.  One couple got the start time wrong and showed up an hour early.  We barely knew them.  We were still racing around setting everything up, and they were extremely embarrassed.  They offered to leave and come back an hour later but we told them to stay and help set up.  They became some of our closest friends.  They moved to Ponte Vedra Beach almost 10 years ago, about an hour from Amelia Island, and we still get together now at least monthly.

 

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I do not believe I would be happy living their lives.   I will stay happy as a peasant going on my Royal cruises instead of a mega/super yacht😃

 

I'd love to spend at least one week on a super yacht with a full crew waiting on me hand and foot.  I need to find friends with a LOT more money. 😁

 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy Birthday Mimi!  Your birthday celebration sounds wonderful.  Wishing you many more!  Love the photos.

 

I'm home from rehab, after almost 5 weeks.  I still can't put any weight (standing, walking) on my left leg until August but I'm home.  Small apt. here and it's a challenge maneuvering this wheelchair, plus we're moving to another apt (smaller!) on Monday.  My sister and bro in law were going to help but they now both have covid!  They were supposed to come visit last week, 3 days before my BIL tested positive.  At that time I wasn't up for visitors even family so I asked them to come another day.  So lucky I did that because one thing worse that being in rehab is being isolated with covid in rehab.  We were tested weekly for covid.  My sister got covid 2 days after her husband tested positive.

 

Happy news is my daughter and grands will be coming for a 10 day visit in August, after camp, before school starts. I should be walking by then.  Can't wait for those hugs.

Happy that you are home,Bonnie.Sorry to hear about your sister and her husband .I have not been with my grandkids since they left for their cruise last week and miss them greatly.Wishing you a wonderful time with yours.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Even if I’m just running errands, I  build an itinerary on my iPhone notepad.
if I don’t, I’m liable to come home with the dry cleaning still in the back seat!. 

Happy,Happy,Happy Birthday,Mimi

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I recently saw a PBS show on the Royals that gave some background on Charles and his relationship with his parents and the pressures put in him to marry and produce heirs. It gave me a new outlook on him and I tend to view him with more empathy than I did in the past. It gave the impression that Charles was not the type of son that Philip wanted. I found that quite sad.


I found a new appreciation for the Queen after watching the movie The Queen.  Absolutely amazing devotion to duty!!  No retirement…no slow down and relax in her twilight years…. As she said when she ascended the throne “My life, be it long or short, will be devoted to your service.”  (or words to that effect…🙂)

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

What is sad is what Charles did to his wife Princess Diana who probably would have still been alive today if he had been a good husband to her.

 

I am sure there is plenty of blame and sadness to go around. All I know is what I've seen on TV and read. I am hardly privy to the inner secrets of the Royal family.  She may also be alive if he was not under such pressure to marry someone and turn out kids. However, I do know the Royals are a touchy subject for you so I'll leave it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, helen haywood said:


I found a new appreciation for the Queen after watching the movie The Queen.  Absolutely amazing devotion to duty!!  No retirement…no slow down and relax in her twilight years…. As she said when she ascended the throne “My life, be it long or short, will be devoted to your service.”  (or words to that effect…🙂)

I agree. She devoted her life to the crown. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CC Help Michell changed the title to Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Experience more Co-op Holidays
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...