Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks,Maryann.

My 13 year old granddaughter is in Travel Camp .She just sent me a video from an ice cream parlor where she is eating something called sinful dessert.It is a brownie covered with ice cream and other goodies.It reminds me of Jahn’s.Do you remember that ?

I love brownies covered with ice cream. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DD is currently in Montana.  Every store has huckleberry products - jam, chocolate, lotions.  She has never seen huckleberry products before (nor have I).  She had a slice of huckleberry pie and said it was so nice.

We don’t see them here in Florida, either. We have have blueberries that grow on short trees…larger than bushes. Easy to pick. 

• Like 1

And speaking about proud, Owen picked up his report card today.  I told him we were disappointed with his gym mark. 😂 

Drama 85%

Geography 86%

English 91%

Gym 94%

His yearly average is 86%. French dropped his average a bit but still very spectacular and we are so proud of him. 

• Like 26

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

how can one be blessed to be in beautiful Cozumel and whine?

I misread at first glance.  I read wine.  😆 

We have been to Cozumel a few times and really enjoyed it.  Time to start considering a revisit.  Glad you are enjoying the view and cruise!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks,Maryann.

My 13 year old granddaughter is in Travel Camp .She just sent me a video from an ice cream parlor where she is eating something called sinful dessert.It is a brownie covered with ice cream and other goodies.It reminds me of Jahn’s.Do you remember that ?

Where people could etch their names into the tables with pocketknives?

Was it Papa Jahn’s or just Jahn’s?

Great place for ice cream!

• Like 1

Yes. Had never done ElCid's day pass before. It was not bad (how can one be blessed to be in beautiful Cozumel and whine?) but I could say we will stick to the other ones way further north or south for the future. 😁

Can you tell me the prices of the current passes? It is a long time since we have been there and generally prefer Park Royal or Del Mar  Latino but always good to have a back up. These locations are all good to save on transport.

We generally save the others for land visits these days.

Edited by c-leg5

1950 people onboard according to the Captain.

I am have a fun time laughing while reading about your adventure.   I misread again! 😆 I thought you were saying that the captain said that the ship was full of people from the 1950's!  😆 Nothing wrong with that but was surprised he would say that. 😆 

• Haha 8

29 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Have you cruised Liberty before?   At the end of 2019 we cruised on her out of Galveston.   My youngest DD and SIL asked if we wanted to join them on their honeymoon cruise.  We really enjoyed the cruise.   Hope you do too.

Thank you, John!  Never been on Liberty, but have cruised Freedom and Independence. 

We had joined my sister and bil on their honeymoon cruise several years ago.  It was my sister's 2nd Marriage, so she asked all of our siblings, spouses, her children/spouses, her 2 grandchildren, and nieces/nephews to cruise with them.  My two brothers/spouses, my 3 sisters/spouses and Jim and I, among several of our nieces and nephews cruised together.  Good times!

• Like 3

Lucy has been missing since Saturday night. We started to worry a couple days ago so we checked with the neighbours.  One has seen her and she wasn’t where she was born. Lisa and Owen called for her but she didn’t appear. They went back today and in 4 minutes guess who came out of hiding. She has been visiting the baby pony And subsidizing her diet with baby Barnswallow. That’s Lucy for you.

She quickly took her pets. No bites for Owen, but the neighbours said they get two pets followed by a gentle bite. 

2A845F0F-F91B-43EE-9CBC-7E272B465056.thumb.jpeg.2650473a080ca46879413ab409770625.jpeg

And she enjoyed riding home on the arm rest of the car.

3B952850-DDAD-4182-B1D4-4788AA32C7B2.thumb.jpeg.b168071b538a4164c72547dee8e3e72b.jpeg

• Like 34

Thanks,Maryann.

Lenny, when I read this earlier, I couldn't for the life of me remember a Jahn's on S.I.  I just saw one of Mimi's posts where she mentioned Jahn's, and I think it was on 86th Street in Brooklyn.  Is that where it was??  If so, I had been there many years ago several times, if that is the same place we both are thinking of?

36 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I remember I-75 in Georgia to be bad in the past for speed traps. Knock on wood I’ve avoided them in Ohio and Georgia. 

I-75 ran close to us in Ohio.  When you mentioned it being in Georgia I had to look up it's span.  I didn't realize how long it is.  Almost 1,800 miles long! The Waze app @Lionesss mentioned really does help when it comes to speed traps..... unless you are the first to pass the speed trap.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I-75 ran close to us in Ohio.  When you mentioned it being in Georgia I had to look up it's span.  I didn't realize how long it is.  Almost 1,800 miles long! The Waze app @Lionesss mentioned really does help when it comes to speed traps..... unless you are the first to pass the speed trap.

Waze has probably saved me a lot of the years. Just sayin. 😉

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lucy has been missing since Saturday night. We started to worry a couple days ago so we checked with the neighbours.  One has seen her and she wasn’t where she was born. Lisa and Owen called for her but she didn’t appear. They went back today and in 4 minutes guess who came out of hiding. She has been visiting the baby pony And subsidizing her diet with baby Barnswallow. That’s Lucy for you.

She quickly took her pets. No bites for Owen, but the neighbours said they get two pets followed by a gentle bite. 

2A845F0F-F91B-43EE-9CBC-7E272B465056.thumb.jpeg.2650473a080ca46879413ab409770625.jpeg

3B952850-DDAD-4182-B1D4-4788AA32C7B2.thumb.jpeg.b168071b538a4164c72547dee8e3e72b.jpeg

I'm glad there is a happy ending.

• Like 9

No shortages that I am aware of. That may be because I have not asked for any thing top fru fru. I may be totally the wrong person to ask about top shelf liquor shortages. 😆 

1950 people onboard according to the Captain. So ship is not at capacity I was expecting.

That's good there are no shortages impacting your sailing😃   That's nice, IMO, to not have full ship.

Where to next?   Hope to see more photos😃

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Oh Lucy 😸   sounds like she has made a friend with baby pony and will probably pop back over.

34 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, John!  Never been on Liberty, but have cruised Freedom and Independence. 

We had joined my sister and bil on their honeymoon cruise several years ago.  It was my sister's 2nd Marriage, so she asked all of our siblings, spouses, her children/spouses, her 2 grandchildren, and nieces/nephews to cruise with them.  My two brothers/spouses, my 3 sisters/spouses and Jim and I, among several of our nieces and nephews cruised together.  Good times!

That sounds like a cruise I would love!  I love it when the whole family gets together.   We have all cruised together once but that was before grandkids.  We have a Disney World trip in February planned with everyone.   I have been suggesting we all cruise together again.   

• Like 6

I cannot complain about health insurance ..Mine is great ,covers nearly everything including free optical wear.The only negative is that I was downsized after 25 years with the company .They gave me an incentive to not sue them which was free health insurance for life,free legal service for life from the law firm that represented the company and free life insurance.

Those are great benefits to have for life😃

• Like 1