Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

We have been to Broadway at the Beach too,  kind of weird, Man made lagoon and no beach.

The Beach Rider Jet Boat ride is pretty wild there and the Wonder Works upside down building. Tried to get in Paula Dean's  for dinner but that was a no no without reservation long in advance.

We had dinner at Hard Rock while we were there instead.

The jet boat ride is pretty wild.  I could give the kids a ride on the tube, behind our boat, better than that.  They are not quite ready for that. 

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

I wish I had grandparents like us when I was young, but times were much different then.  

We do tend to spoil them. 

That's the best part spoiling the grandkids if you can.  Get to see mine next weekend, plan on lots of spoiling.  Glad they are enjoying their time here in Myrtle Beach.  So any ideas yet for next year?? 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

How was Grand Caymen, is that still a tender port?

Yes still a tender port. To me, it looked like it has lost its glory days. Many establishments have closed down or not reopened or consolidated into one store. Kind of sad for a thriving port. However, the duty free had somewhat of a crowd.  The Royal Palms is no more, since some beaches got eroded. 

We stayed in town, walked around. Tenders were plenty and not packed. Carnival Vista and Liberty of the Seas were moored. They were tendering to South Terminal tender dock. Celebrity tendered us to the North terminal.

I have not seen Georgetown this quiet. My favorite restaurant Paradise Cafe on the waterfront has shut down, as some others.

• Like 4

20220512_135658.thumb.jpg.9bfd02324700a24a9f27c66308089ff9.jpg

20220512_163253.thumb.jpg.ec523c3a532c09a197c7eaf336a0028e.jpg

20220512_180204.thumb.jpg.0b3e9cb0f39ef35d47881579764bce1d.jpg

20220512_161134.thumb.jpg.3173d6af81332ae03bdcbeda7920c272.jpg

20220512_150219.thumb.jpg.26670287a2e3d20e39b442a4e3a5743b.jpg

On 7/13/2022 at 11:48 PM, Sea Dog said:

Beautiful. Well done Renee.

Thanks.

On 7/13/2022 at 6:12 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Great job on the handbag.    It's beautiful😃    Have you been asked what shop you got it at?

Thanks, someone asked how much it costs. She thought I got it at the shops.

On 7/13/2022 at 8:33 PM, jagsfan said:

It’s wonderful! So perfect. 
if I tried to do it people would be asking me what it’s supposed to be. 

Thanks.

On 7/14/2022 at 6:05 AM, sgmn said:

Great bag, how did you do it?

Thanks. Below are links to the stuff I bought. The sheets have a sticky backing while the loose ones need glue. I didn’t use the hot fix ones.

This one I'm going to use until January or February and then sell it. The next one that I will make and will keep will be the same except it will have the clear rhinestones with the anchor on one side and a different design on the other. 😁 🍍

Blue

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L7K4H2C?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

AB

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MFPJ937?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Silver. I don’t see it in the silver anymore, but I would think most of the others would also be good. Be sure not to get the acrylic ones which are about half the price.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MFRKDSY?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Loose blue that I ordered in case I want to fill in any spots. They aren’t necessary but I might add some.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HK8LW2Y?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

We will make them a photo book of their summertime adventures again.  

Our grandson from California is asking where we are taking him next summer already.  🤣🤣

That is a wonderful idea to make the photo book.

• Like 4

I wish I had grandparents like us when I was young, but times were much different then.  

I loved going to my father's parent's farm in the summer although Grandma chased me with a hot iron one time!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

My grandparents died before I was born.I tend to spoil my grand kids.Their other grandparents passed away several years ago.

• Like 1

Lenny- You have brought up one of my favorite subjects- ice cream!

Unfortunately, the Jahn’s  in Richmond Hill closed a number of years ago. The only remaining Jahn’s is in Jackson Heights. It is more of a diner than an ice cream parlor though.

Jahn’s in RH was a favorite place to go in my childhood. I went to a number of birthday parties there where the Kitchen Sink was the highlight. I also went to a baby shower at Jahn’s - of course ,at a later date.

There is an ice cream parlor in Forest Hills,Eddie’s,used to be Witt’s. It has been in operation for at least a hundred years. The decor remains the same. Marble counter,wooden stools, tile floor and delicious home-made ice cream. The parlor has been used for many photo shoots,TV locations and movie locations. I remember watching a Woody Allen movie about eight years ago,and Eddie’s was turned into an Italian restaurant for the movie. I don’t recall the title of the movie though.

Yesterday,after playing golf, my friends and I were in the mood for an ice cream lunch. It was a hot day ! We went to a place not far from the course,but it was changed to a bagel place. We drove an additional fifteen minutes to get to a luncheonette that serves Hershey’s ice cream. We were lamenting that there used to be ice cream places in every small town here in the North Fork. Now, they are few and far between. 

Hoping you enjoy some ice cream today ! 🍨🍧🍦

Wishing all here a good day !

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Keksie I also spent many Summers at my Grandmother’s farm. I have fond memories of that time spent with her,my aunts and uncle and cousins.

We did simple things,going to the nearby beach,going to the movies and fire department bazaars,visiting with family and family friends over great home cooked dinners.

Sometimes, I just liked to play with my dolls or read a book under the grape arbor at an aunt’s house or the willow tree in my Grandma’s front yard. My cousins and I would play croquet or softball in her front yard too.

Simple activities, but great memories!

Thank you,.Kekski.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I loved going to my father's parent's farm in the summer although Grandma chased me with a hot iron one time!

My grandma once chased us with a small axe , I wasn’t worried since she was in her 90’s my friend was terrified.😁

• Haha 14

The jet boat ride is pretty wild.  I could give the kids a ride on the tube, behind our boat, better than that.  They are not quite ready for that. 

It's pretty wild but not like the Screamin' Eagle that they have in St. Thomas where the boat spins like a crazy and there is a point in time where the driver nose dives the boat into the water and Everyone gets soaked !! Now that is a crazy wild ride............I think we have done it like 3 times it's so much fun.

https://www.viator.com/tours/St-Thomas/VI-Jet-Boat-Tour/d965-196286P2

• Like 1

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It is 75° this morning, and 100% chance of rain (which I can confirm, because it is raining). Just waiting for the morning shower to pass. 

F149A5D4-88CF-4044-9ABD-23B053FAE094.thumb.jpeg.2deb9c7b8149874b635241aade1c7acd.jpeg

Yesterday, we spent the morning at the beach, then went to Broadway at the Beach for the afternoon. 

First stop, Margaritaville. 

440682A4-2F39-4B23-A118-01B2274EED22.thumb.jpeg.e82c5a213a9ea0986f1fd073e7aadb9e.jpeg

The grandkids picked this spot!🤣🤣

6F5F8C99-E2F7-48F2-950F-D8499B842325.thumb.jpeg.853a93a4089f027f9f53dc37c323e075.jpeg

Then it was off to the Aquarium. I kept looking for the bottle. 

1BF3E837-2A9C-40BE-AD2E-3D8E22896B5D.thumb.jpeg.0c42dd01b78f8441d3f24812fa56cb45.jpeg

I walked by, and this guy was selling insurance. 

BDE943F1-0333-4C08-A78B-E16BEDE03282.thumb.jpeg.420e9bf3c84ec088e0f58f7357494153.jpeg

The grandkids fed some stingrays. I never paid attention to how much their underside looks like a face. 

8C830A33-EFF2-4105-AEDB-EC55DD57C1AA.thumb.jpeg.1f8959a18d8647c7011c1de41c3b9626.jpeg

I wouldn’t want to meet up with this one. 

A4ADB071-1835-4BB4-B7E8-BC232EB81D4C.thumb.jpeg.bc63899629ce1aec2eb33a0aaa27e78c.jpeg

And we were treated to a rainbow, once we got back to the beach. 

AD32D9D1-5CC5-4CE6-A330-777D280A3A35.thumb.jpeg.8b1f5e1e15a59972c0b1c3fda44c2bef.jpeg

This is so wonderful that you are able to do all of this with your Grandchildren.     Great memories of fun times for All 😍

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Spent the last two evenings with the representative from Rabbit Hole Distillery who was in town for some tastings. If you are not familiar with Rabbit Hole they make some incredible bourbon from Louisville KY. It's an interesting story in that their founder Kaveh Zamanian’s was a successful clinical psychologist and psychoanalyst. He met his wife who was from Louisville and once he went to the city fell in love with bourbon. He decided to open his own distillery and produced his own bourbon have never done it before. He created several different recipes that were all different and were based on craft beer recipes.

So on Wednesday night we had a tasing at my good friends retail liquor store in the area. The room was packed to hear Rabbit Hole's rep explain the history, each bottle and how unique it was.

2060290767_Tastinng1.thumb.jpg.ae159c867d3719372d38bde853fb39a7.jpg

56687607_Tasting2.thumb.jpg.288e1ebadebe7f63c55415e6de50a1cb.jpg

4 flights to taste "Cavehill," "Heigold," "Dareringer," "Boxergrail."

1775443277_Tasting3.thumb.jpg.1f010f867149458a4408a32e08e84318.jpg

My favorite is the Dareringer which is aged in sherry casks. This is amazing. If you get a chance to try these I think you you will love them. They are unique and very good tasting. 

1238480201_Tasting4.thumb.jpg.628610c9e967d34855844662a0834ece.jpg

Then last night The Kansas City Whiskey Guild for which I'm a member hosted the rep with another tasting of the Rabbit Hole brand in a new bar downtown called "Society." We had custom cocktails using the different Rabbit Hole brands and did some fun socializing amongst everyone.

1445989451_KCWG2.thumb.jpg.536dcc2a26d2485419c5599c38b7e4f4.jpg

The highlight was watching two of our members spend $125 for a flight tasting of all the Pappy Van Winkle line of bourbons. These are considered by some as the "Holy Grail" of bourbon. I was surprised that the Rip Van Winkle 10 year (the cheaper bottle) beat out the older year Pappy's.

577055316_KCWG3.thumb.jpg.8f39a6caa3b5f24c889ffe8b0dd266ef.jpg

It was a great time sipping and talking bourbon by everyone.

Cheers!

KCWG 1.jpg

Sounds like an amazing 2 days.    I wish your friend lots of success with his new business.    

This makes me want to drink bourbon😃

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Yes still a tender port. To me, it looked like it has lost its glory days. Many establishments have closed down or not reopened or consolidated into one store. Kind of sad for a thriving port. However, the duty free had somewhat of a crowd.  The Royal Palms is no more, since some beaches got eroded. 

We stayed in town, walked around. Tenders were plenty and not packed. Carnival Vista and Liberty of the Seas were moored. They were tendering to South Terminal tender dock. Celebrity tendered us to the North terminal.

I have not seen Georgetown this quiet. My favorite restaurant Paradise Cafe on the waterfront has shut down, as some others.

So  sad.   Used to be one of our favorite ports,. looks like it seems to be losing some of it's charm.

2 hours ago, akcruz said:

That's the best part spoiling the grandkids if you can.  Get to see mine next weekend, plan on lots of spoiling.  Glad they are enjoying their time here in Myrtle Beach.  So any ideas yet for next year?? 

I mentioned a cruise, but doubtful my PA grandkids would be allowed to go.  Thinking of Alaska with our California grandson, sine we would be on the west coast when school is out.  He needs to renew his passport. 

• Like 10

Eric had a fall last weekend in our master bathroom.   He is orthostatic and if he gets up to quick his blood pressure can drop into the 60/40 range.     I guess this happened the other night when he went to go.      He was in some pain but said nothing was broken just twisted himself when he went to fall and wanting to avoid hitting his head on vanity and/or tile floor. 

While after 2 days of pain this week I called primary and he went for x-rays Wednesday afternoon.    They called this morning and said he has a fracture of his sacrum.     They said not much can be done but I just set up appt. to see the ortho doc on Monday afternoon.     Primary said to avoid any excessive/stressful activities and ortho will probably recommend some PT to start in a week or two.      For now, he is to take tylenol.   He's not in a lot of pain so that's good.   The only time he really feels the pain is in bed especially if he tries to turn from back to side.    

For anyone unsure where the sacrum is, here is an image I found online:

image.png.ea55859e6ad121151b71efb9745b7f09.png

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric had a fall last weekend in our master bathroom.   He is orthostatic and if he gets up to quick his blood pressure can drop into the 60/40 range.     I guess this happened the other night when he went to go.      He was in some pain but said nothing was broken just twisted himself when he went to fall and wanting to avoid hitting his head on vanity and/or tile floor. 

While after 2 days of pain this week I called primary and he went for x-rays Wednesday afternoon.    They called this morning and said he has a fracture of his sacrum.     They said not much can be done but I just set up appt. to see the ortho doc on Monday afternoon.     Primary said to avoid any excessive/stressful activities and ortho will probably recommend some PT to start in a week or two.      For now, he is to take tylenol.   He's not in a lot of pain so that's good.   The only time he really feels the pain is in bed especially if he tries to turn from back to side.    

I hate that for Eric.   It's has to be tough to deal with.  I hope he recovers quickly.   

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I hate that for Eric.   It's has to be tough to deal with.  I hope he recovers quickly.   

Thank you.     I wish they could find a treatment for his orthostatic issue.     That drives him nuts.      The best solution so far has been drinking plenty of fluids and doing regular exercises but somedays you just never know.   It happens out of the blue.   Sometimes he goes to stand up after a meal and he gets lightheaded and has to sit back down.   When he wakes up in middle of night to go to bathroom he tries to sit on the bed and wiggle his legs around to get blood flowing to increase his pressures after being laying down position but sometimes you got to go when you got to go.   

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Little confused at first Factured  Scrotum vs  Factured Sacrum  🙃

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

@ownedbypetsCharlie had a MRI of his brain awhile back.  We read the report a d were convinced he had several things wrong.  It also mentioned Parkinson’s.  However, the neurologist said all was good.  I know you will worry anyway but stay positive🤞🙏

Thanks! We are trying to keep busy.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Well, I am finally caught up after getting behind 5 or 6 pages yesterday.  Glad to hear everyone is progressing well, and hoping everyone continues to do so.  I won’t try to list all, because I know I would forget some.

No kidding!  Just being away for a day can put one behind by many pages.  I’m finally caught up and like you, won’t list all.  
I do want to say I’m happy to hear about those who are recovering, I’m praying for those who are having procedures done soon or waiting for test results, I’m glad to read that wandering cats came home, I’m clapping for the young man with the awesome report card, and I love hearing about and seeing pics of travels.  Whew!

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Isn’t that what grandparents are for??!

30 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So sorry this happened. Thank goodness he didn’t hit the vanity or floor tile, it could’ve been so much worse if he did.  Hope he feels better soon. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Spoiling is good! My brother and I spent every summer, from about 6-12 years old, with our grandparents  in the mountains. We would fish, swim, go boating, catch things in the creek,  do puzzles, shell peas, bake and go into "town" among other simple things.

Our daughter is bringing us our grand cats to watch while she goes to Georgia to pick up a facility dog for her hospital. She will be the primary handler. I just set up all of the new toys for them and told my husband not to complain at what I spent because human grandchildren would cost a lot more.

• Like 13