Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

The email we just got for the health questions is for the three we answered on the App, correct

Wishing you a safe and healthy trip....where are you heading? Assumedly on the Oasis, going by your signature. I've never been on that class yet. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

All packed and ready for tomorrow!!!

20220827_094145.thumb.jpg.c7da6dcdb5401619dd8be137146a549c.jpg

20220827_084948.thumb.jpg.7a690716b60ede8938b8f3947f1e24d3.jpg

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

D01B3730-98FC-4730-B199-790642C912ED.thumb.jpeg.c786293f31b7e03dbad179bcd7bbb869.jpegHere’s ours!

DB11E4B7-FE77-4BAC-A10C-E080E21E3A96.jpeg

Safe travels to you both as well as your families.  Can't wait to hear about your trip!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Florida, Coco Cay and Nassau.  I am going for the ship, Oasis is my favorite.

Thank you for the good wishes, our family really needs this break from reality.

You are going to have a blast. Have a great cruise!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, brillohead said:

@Luckynana, I want to reiterate what @Ocean Boy said about diabetes management.  With the continuous glucose monitors that sync up with an app, insulin pumps, and long- and short-acting insulins, diabetes is so much more manageable than it was even ten years ago.  I'm sending positive thoughts your grandson's way!

That is so reassuring.  Thank you!

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Maryann, we're having the best time with our daughter and grandkids; bowling, Andretti Go Kart and games twice (I had to stay home for that one).  Kids swam at our complex pool almost daily.  Rain luckily was not a factor.  One of my neighbors had her grandkids over one day and the kids had the best time.   We decided to relax tomorrow, probably hang out at the pool with new friends, weather permitting and Sunday, is the Ft. Worth zoo.  Monday they go home. waaaaaaaa...sniff, sniff.

My therapy is coming along, although I call it torture!  I graduated to walking with a cane but I still experience lots of pain.  I'm still upset my surgeon would not refill my pain pills.  The best he could do was prescribe tylenol w/codeine and an anti-inflammatory.  Hardly helps.  So glad you graduated from your PT.  Thank you for asking about mine.

So good to hear your daughter and grands visit is going so great!  

Sounds like your PT is going well also!

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm so sorry to hear your 2 grandsons have been unwell Maryann.

I'm really sorry Ryan has Type 1 diabetes and hope he can get the very best treatment to control his sugar.

Graham.

Thank you Graham!

7 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@dani negreanu Looks like you are having a wonderful family holiday

@George C and @NHProud

@Luckynana Sorry to read of Ryan’s shock Type 1 diagnosis.  

Thank you so much, Aussie!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Debbie, many in here have taken recent cruises and will be cruising in the near future but I am most excited about YOUR cruise meeting up with Marietta and family.  Wishing you all a spectacular time!

I think ALL of us are excited that Debbie and Marietta will finally meet on this cruise, along with Eric, Charlie, and Marietta's family🛳️🛳️🛳️

• Like 8

Just booked Allure out of Galveston next July, which means for the first time ever, I have three future cruises booked at once. I know that’s nothing for most of you, but with my limited leave and Andrew’s school schedule, it’s hard for us to squeeze them in. I’m pretty excited. 😁

We are in 7730, which has a large balcony and bunk beds built into the cabin. Andrew is looking forward to that.

580D5F09-9E49-4E73-9206-8BA7A88585C1.thumb.jpeg.3cfbb696866a8cf1d2df753aee824fce.jpeg

• Like 19

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Tbh, I thought  everyone would be bored of my Sydney harbour/bridge/opera house/ferry photos -so pleased you still enjoy them.  Spring is around the corner and I appear to have recovered from the worst of the vertigo that had prevented me from going anywhere much in the last couple of months, so fingers crossed for more walks & a cruise over summer.

DD has booked a week in Queenstown, New Zealand to hike so if that goes ahead, will have them to share too.

So glad to hear you've recovered from your Vertigo.  My poor sister's been having a Dickens of a time with hers and has been going to PT for help 

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm sorry to hear this. Good news like others have said type 2 is very manageable and I'm confident he will learn how to deal with it and be able to do all the things he enjoys doing.

Thanks Greg.  He's being moved from Pediatric ICU today and has been meeting with Endocrinologists.  We're hoping he'll be coming home tomorrow.  

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Up in Boston today for the Feast of St. Anthony in the Italian North End. Between food and drinks, by the end of the day I might feel the same as when I'm on a cruise. 

This city is always fun to visit. Maybe some pictures later for those who have never had the chance to visit this awesome city.

I love Boston!!!!!  We'll be there on our NE/Canada cruise next month!!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

So glad to hear you've recovered from your Vertigo.  My poor sister's been having a Dickens of a time with hers and has been going to PT for help 

Thanks Greg.  He's being moved from Pediatric ICU today and has been meeting with Endocrinologists.  We're hoping he'll be coming home tomorrow.  

Good to hear he will be home soon. 😍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Just booked Allure out of Galveston next July, which means for the first time ever, I have three future cruises booked at once. I know that’s nothing for most of you, but with my limited leave and Andrew’s school schedule, it’s hard for us to squeeze them in. I’m pretty excited. 😁

We are in 7730, which has a large balcony and bunk beds built into the cabin. Andrew is looking forward to that.

580D5F09-9E49-4E73-9206-8BA7A88585C1.thumb.jpeg.3cfbb696866a8cf1d2df753aee824fce.jpeg

Awesome😀  you will love that cabin and the large balcony.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I love Boston (the city...not the sports teams).  Had a fantastic meal at an Italian place in the North End called Ristorante Limoncello.  I was with a group of guys on a business trip and we racked up a fairly large bill.  The owner wanted to thank us so he ran across the street somewhere and came back with a bunch of cigars.  The next time I'm in Boston, I'll be eating there again.

Here you go...

20220827_124428.jpg

• Like 16

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Up in Boston today for the Feast of St. Anthony in the Italian North End. Between food and drinks, by the end of the day I might feel the same as when I'm on a cruise. 

This city is always fun to visit. Maybe some pictures later for those who have never had the chance to visit this awesome city.

Boston is a beautiful city.The husband of a cousin of mine works at the PBS station there.

I have been there many times .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I love Boston (the city...not the sports teams).  Had a fantastic meal at an Italian place in the North End called Ristorante Limoncello.  I was with a group of guys on a business trip and we racked up a fairly large bill.  The owner wanted to thank us so he ran across the street somewhere and came back with a bunch of cigars.  The next time I'm in Boston, I'll be eating there again.

That is a great restaurant.I have been there several times.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I am a Big Oasis class fan but I have never noticed that type room.  How is it listed on RC website? Is it under balcony,  suite or something else.

I would bet having 3 booked at one time is more than the majority has booked here.  We just booked Allure out of Galveston for January.   We usually don't have more than 2 booked at a time but we usually don't book that far out.  Might change when they announce Icon of the Seas and/or also reveal other itineraries this fall.  This next release I am hoping to find some good deals on suites.  Royal UP has spoiled me.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1