Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We are doing okay.   Thanks for asking.   After getting through all the additional testing last week, and getting things coordinated between the five hospitals involved with the tests, she is scheduled to start treatments tomorrow. 

Just want you to know your daughter as well as your family members will be in our thoughts and prayers.

I cannot imagine what you are going through, and what challenges  the road ahead of you will bring. 

But it does sound from your post that your daughter  is  blessed with a great supportive family, that is always there for one another, but most importantly for her needs at this time. 

But, if you need a shoulder or computer to lean on, I am here for you as well I am sure the rest of your CC family.

Take care

♥️

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I held a sloth in Columbia, and got some grief from some on CC about animal cruelty.  

I'm usually a stickler about animal welfare (I refuse to do any dolphin encounters for that reason), but I feel confident going to Daniel Johnson's.  All of their animals were rescues (or born naturally from rescues), usually pets of people who lived on the island who couldn't take the critter when they moved to the mainland.  They don't buy animals at all, and have that posted right on the front of their building.  

The sloths aren't even in cages or fenced in at all -- they literally hang out on the trees at the water's edge.  And the monkeys, who are in cages while the guests are there, get play time outside of the cages with the staff when there are no guests.  The birds are friendly, but not "trained puppets" which tells me that they are treated well, too -- if a bird doesn't want to land on a guest's outstretched arm and accept a treat, it's not forced to; the interaction is all voluntary.  I've never seen any type of disciplinary action with any of the animals, and the critters all seem to have a close relationship with the staff.  Those things are important to me.

41 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I assume they probably named Sid after the Ice Age character.   We watched those movies several times this summer.  By the way, those movies are humorous, even for adults. 

Ice Age and Shrek are both written on two different levels.  My son was a toddler when the first Ice Age movie came out, and he picked up the habit of saying, "What the--" like Diego the saber-toothed tiger.  The problem with that is, it sounded like my little kid is about to say "What the f___" or "What the h___" which made me look like an even worse parent than I already did!!!

This just brought back a sweet memory... my kid had an imaginary tiger friend named Diego after seeing Ice Age.  He also had an imaginary "baby sheep" friend (not a lamb, mind you -- a baby sheep! LOL ).  When we'd go into a grocery store or other place that animals weren't allowed, he would have Diego the tiger stay in the car to babysit Baby Sheep (who never had a name beyond Baby Sheep).  It never once occurred to him that a tiger would eat a baby sheep! 🤣

• Like 13

30 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I had a boss once who said that I was like a duck...calm and floating along above the surface but kicking like crazy below the surface.  For me, stress showed up as hypertension.  Retirement does wonderful things for stress!

Retirement sounds wonderful but it’s quite a way off for us.  DH was talking about moving up the coast since he can now work from home but I need to be near Dad and I would miss going into the city on a regular basis.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Was that their first time on a Flowrider?  Looks like they picked it up very quickly.  Impressive.

Yes, first time for both.  Only the 9 yr old was able to get up and stay on his feet on the board, but he’s the more athletic and adventurous one.  

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I'm usually a stickler about animal welfare (I refuse to do any dolphin encounters for that reason), but I feel confident going to Daniel Johnson's.  All of their animals were rescues (or born naturally from rescues), usually pets of people who lived on the island who couldn't take the critter when they moved to the mainland.  They don't buy animals at all, and have that posted right on the front of their building.  

The sloths aren't even in cages or fenced in at all -- they literally hang out on the trees at the water's edge.  And the monkeys, who are in cages while the guests are there, get play time outside of the cages with the staff when there are no guests.  The birds are friendly, but not "trained puppets" which tells me that they are treated well, too -- if a bird doesn't want to land on a guest's outstretched arm and accept a treat, it's not forced to; the interaction is all voluntary.  I've never seen any type of disciplinary action with any of the animals, and the critters all seem to have a close relationship with the staff.  Those things are important to me.

Ice Age and Shrek are both written on two different levels.  My son was a toddler when the first Ice Age movie came out, and he picked up the habit of saying, "What the--" like Diego the saber-toothed tiger.  The problem with that is, it sounded like my little kid is about to say "What the f___" or "What the h___" which made me look like an even worse parent than I already did!!!

This just brought back a sweet memory... my kid had an imaginary tiger friend named Diego after seeing Ice Age.  He also had an imaginary "baby sheep" friend (not a lamb, mind you -- a baby sheep! LOL ).  When we'd go into a grocery store or other place that animals weren't allowed, he would have Diego the tiger stay in the car to babysit Baby Sheep (who never had a name beyond Baby Sheep).  It never once occurred to him that a tiger would eat a baby sheep! 🤣

That is adorable. The innocence of children.

My girlfriend & her husband are currently spending the weekend at an Australian  zoo in a luxury safari lodge.  The food photos are divine and their stunning room has a large glass wall where they can watch the capuchin monkeys who are very entertaining but I am in two minds about this whole concept.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Given the long wait times on hold, and the difficulty in getting tests scheduled, you would thinK that Royal was handling their phone lines.

The medical system can be very frustrating sometimes. It is hard when dealing with medical issues that come up in people you care about. However, I think things move along a lot faster here than they do in many, if not most, other countries. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

When our CA grandson was here this summer, I was making frozen drinks every night.  Non-alcoholic for him naturally, although he did discover he didn’t like kraken.  One night he had finished his frozen drink, and saw I still had some in my glass, so he picked it up and took a big sip. “Ahhhh, what is that?” He said. I have been known to have a generous pour!

Chances are his opinion of Kraken will change in a few years.😉😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Had to check the Kitten Cam at the Animal Welfare League of Trumbull County to see what our little bundle of joy is doing.

For a 9 week old, she is busy, busy, busy.

Yup, there is one pedestal perch that she has staked her claim, and if anyone of her brothers or sisters attempt to share it...................nope, not going to happen.  Yup, we are adopting a kitten with attitude, or she is just playing king of the hill.

Well, little missy is in for a rude awakening when she comes home with us.

Number one and most important, she will not have A perch to domain.................she will have 2.

Did a Pet's Mart run last night.

We decided to just pitch the old and go with new supplies.

Yup,

new cat carrier, soft shelled see thru netting. padded.

toys

2 cushions

new food dishes...... (Plural).

toys

2 litter boxes, one downstairs and one upstairs

Toys'

kitten food

kitten treats

did I say toys.

So if you go to the adoption site listed above you will see her on the pedestal to the left.

She does have a name, but I will share Tuesday when she comes home with her baby pictures.

The facility opens at 3pm.  and I will most likely be in the parking lot at 2:45pm

After car cruise today, gotta child proof her bedroom.

Catch you later

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Had a great time in Boston yesterday. Unfortunately, I didn't get a lot of pictures as it was so bright outside that trying to take them wasn't much fun as I couldn't really see my phone screen. Sometimes I just pointed the phone in the general direction and hoped for the best.

The feast became so crowed in the evening that the best thing to do was go other places. You could barely move. Getting to the vendors was next to impossible and just trying to make progress walking up the streets became a chore. Think 70's night on the Royal Promenade on steroids or maybe a t-shirt sale. Hopefully, St. Anthony was doing something to inactivate covid virus last night or maybe he called in his buddy St. Luke the patron saint of physicians. I'm glad we experienced it in the afternoon before it became unenjoyable.

Spent the end of the evening at Quincy Market listening to a really good singer/guitarist who was playing outside. Finally Amtrak delivered us home as safely as it got us into the city. It was a good day.....

A couple of last pictures that don't really show how crowed it got...

20220827_181703.thumb.jpg.97b527be76df40073582f323fb9b0160.jpg

20220827_180720.thumb.jpg.99dd71c7af4558c95e3cdcb20b8c425a.jpg

One of my favorite clocks in the city....

20220827_202836.thumb.jpg.0f4a2fafcbb5d6f9f0e225af347088f9.jpg

• Like 19

4 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

she will not have A perch to domain.................she will have 2.

Cat tree's are the best. Our cat is always up in his. We have it in the kitchen right by the windows so he can spy on birds.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

What other show was that Lenny?  I can't remember.

Doctors on Walks Getting Food.It is an online show than was on in 2019 and 2020.It is a very interesting show in my opinion that should appeal to our resident MD as well as everyone else who posts here.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I had a boss once who said that I was like a duck...calm and floating along above the surface but kicking like crazy below the surface.  For me, stress showed up as hypertension.  Retirement does wonderful things for stress!

I had a lot of stress in my long term job.I did not miss it upon retirement.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Had a great time in Boston yesterday. Unfortunately, I didn't get a lot of pictures as it was so bright outside that trying to take them wasn't much fun as I couldn't really see my phone screen. Sometimes I just pointed the phone in the general direction and hoped for the best.

The feast became so crowed in the evening that the best thing to do was go other places. You could barely move. Getting to the vendors was next to impossible and just trying to make progress walking up the streets became a chore. Think 70's night on the Royal Promenade on steroids or maybe a t-shirt sale. Hopefully, St. Anthony was doing something to inactivate covid virus last night or maybe he called in his buddy St. Luke the patron saint of physicians. I'm glad we experienced it in the afternoon before it became unenjoyable.

Spent the end of the evening at Quincy Market listening to a really good singer/guitarist who was playing outside. Finally Amtrak delivered us home as safely as it got us into the city. It was a good day.....

A couple of last pictures that don't really show how crowed it got...

20220827_181703.thumb.jpg.97b527be76df40073582f323fb9b0160.jpg

20220827_180720.thumb.jpg.99dd71c7af4558c95e3cdcb20b8c425a.jpg

One of my favorite clocks in the city....

20220827_202836.thumb.jpg.0f4a2fafcbb5d6f9f0e225af347088f9.jpg

I used to work at 60 State Street and my window on the 30th floor overlooked that clock.

I haven't been to that feast in years, we used to go in every year when I was in high school.  I saw this picture on FB, maybe they caught you in the picture. 😄 

May be an image of 4 people and outdoors

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I used to work at 60 State Street and my window on the 30th floor overlooked that clock.

I haven't been to that feast in years, we used to go in every year when I was in high school.  I saw this picture on FB, maybe they caught you in the picture. 😄 

A cousin of mine had her wedding reception in 60 State Street. I don't remember which floor. The views were spectacular.

Oh yeah, I definitely see me in that picture.😆😆😆

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

A cousin of mine had her wedding reception in 60 State Street. I don't remember which floor. The views were spectacular.

Oh yeah, I definitely see me in that picture.😆😆😆

The wedding reception was probably on the 33rd floor.  When I worked in that building, The Bay Tower Room was on that floor, high end restaurant with gorgeous two story windows.  We had our Christmas party up there one year.  That restaurant closed years ago and the space is now an event venue.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Doctors on Walks Getting Food.It is an online show than was on in 2019 and 2020.It is a very interesting show in my opinion that should appeal to our resident MD as well as everyone else who posts here.

Sorry...I didn't even realize that was a show.  I thought you were referring to OB in Boston.  🤣  Never heard of that one, but I found the first episode on YouTube.  Will give it a watch later.  

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sorry...I didn't even realize that was a show.  I thought you were referring to OB in Boston.  🤣  Never heard of that one, but I found the first episode on YouTube.  Will give it a watch later.  

For some reason on You Tube there are only 4 episodes but if you Google the now of the show you can see all of the episodes.