Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The Mets finished with the same record as the Braves.Jeff McNeil led the major league in batting.

Pete Alonso had 41 home runs,Francisco Linder,107 runs batted in.Nimmo and Escobar had good years.They have the two best pitchers in baseball and won more games than the Yankees.

Unfortunately, the Braves had the better head to head record. That's kinda important.  What I meant by my comment was no matter how well the Mets finish, they only win division if someone else beats the Braves.

They had their chance to do it themselves, and didnt.

Good luck in Wildcard series.Braves will be resting their rotation

1 hour ago, Paul from Maryland said:

We heard that too.  So we watched about 15 minutes of the new show, no Hannah.  It's not a good show.

The google tells me she's on the Australian version of the show.  I thought it might be on Paramount+, but a quick search didn't find it.

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think this Love Boat show is terrible and O'Connell contributes to that sentiment.

Looks like it may be a one and done for me. That's too bad it's bad. I had high hopes for it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Rory and D got a bird. Blue Gold Macaw

received_2069143140141208.thumb.jpeg.84eacdefff1327882af2dfab9db09f84.jpeg

No name yet, waiting on gender verification

received_1916126005243059.thumb.jpeg.1b57706b00ea1dd3cba4316143712f4a.jpeg

Of course it has a leash🤣🤣

received_896637454647734.thumb.jpeg.c9dc252117e9d12952cf90a7f917f168.jpeg

And Maria got a 'puppy'

20221003_095922.thumb.jpg.e3398a70ce2c9f4cc73024d0ffc059c2.jpg

Bell hasn't met it yet

Beautiful bird.  Love the puppy.  LOL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 60°F and sunny here at 11.15am.

It is 43 years today when Pauline and I got engaged and 41 years last August when we got married.

I am booked in at my doctor's for the flu jab and Autumn booster later.

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

We are also getting the "autumn C booster". Wanted to get it done before we cruise end of October and with long enough buffer for flu shot. Did not want to take them together.
We will have to compare who screams loudest! 😁🤣

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We are also getting the "autumn C booster". Wanted to get it done before we cruise end of October and with long enough buffer for flu shot. Did not want to take them together.
We will have to compare who screams loudest! 😁🤣

I got them on the same day.  My flu shot arm was slightly sorer then the C booster but by the next day not sore either arm and just a little tired.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 60°F and sunny here at 11.15am.

It is 43 years today when Pauline and I got engaged and 41 years last August when we got married.

I am booked in at my doctor's for the flu jab and Autumn booster later.

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

Pretty warm here should hit 90, might hit the pool this afternoon.

• Like 3

Linda and I got our 3rd COVID booster shot two days ago and besides a slightly sore arm we have felt great. I got my flu shot a month ago and Linda got her flu shot the same time as the booster. We are ready for Liberty next week.

• Like 10

14 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The Mets finished with the same record as the Braves.Jeff McNeil led the major league in batting.

Pete Alonso had 41 home runs,Francisco Linder,107 runs batted in.Nimmo and Escobar had good years.They have the two best pitchers in baseball and won more games than the Yankees.

No doubt, the Mets had a great season & every Met fan should be proud no matter what happens the rest of the way. I credit Buck Showalter. Hopefully the Met's keep him around long enough to eventually win a World Series. His history is such that it's usually the year after he leaves that his team wins it all (1996 Yankees, 2001 Diamondbacks).  Always the empire-builder but never the emperor.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Unfortunately, the Braves had the better head to head record. That's kinda important.  What I meant by my comment was no matter how well the Mets finish, they only win division if someone else beats the Braves.

They had their chance to do it themselves, and didnt.

Good luck in Wildcard series.Braves will be resting their rotation

It's amazing that both teams had identical 101-61 records but the Braves had the tie breaker with 10-9 head-to-head competition.  One game made all the difference, proof that the regular season matters and every game counts.  I like that MLB finally instituted a tie-breaking rule rather than a one-game play-in, giving more significance to the regular season record.

Gotta give credit to the Braves. They hung in all season and got hot when it counted.  Now hopefully  the players won't get rusty during the 6 days between games. Baseball players are creature of habits & like to play every day. Same goes for the Yankees, Astro's, Dodgers, etc.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

But McNeil sat out the last game and didn't play. 😞 and Freeman of the Dodgers played the last game and went 3 for 4 and finished just 1 point behind McNeil.

Wasn't cool for McNeil to take the title when sitting out the last game. Not Cool!

It was Buck Showwalters decision to sit McNeil in a meaningless game, to give him a 2 day rest, before the playoff grind starts.  McNeil earned it. On July 30th, his batting average was .287 while Freeman was at .319. McNeil had to hit .378 for the rest of the season to get to the top.

Would you level the same criticism @ Luis Arraez for denying Arron Judge a shot at the triple crown?  Judge played 55 straight games while Arraez sat out 3 of the last 4 games, nursing a hamstring injury and protecting his lead. After he was assured of the batting title, he played and hit a double. Not bad for a guy with a hamstring injury.

• Like 1

Next week I will be baking for our friends daughters wedding. 

I thought I would try a no bake cookie. 

They are called “ Church window cookies” 

Some recipes call them Stained glass cookies. 

I used my electric chocolate pan melter and it was so easy. 

Finished product 

EFACC120-C082-4B4B-9B57-21E8CC97C828.thumb.jpeg.8356ae750176f30f6ec5fe678f822355.jpeg

Directions 

C14487BF-A470-4AD3-B3DB-AB715EB25B6B.thumb.jpeg.d4a1fac1b277ebb06f3e813e6a00e627.jpeg

My husbands mom used to make and the spouse cannot wait till I make them.  First time for me. 

Now that I know I can do it I ordered the colored mini marshmallows from Amazon. 

Be safe. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

It was Buck Showwalters decision to sit McNeil in a meaningless game, to give him a 2 day rest, before the playoff grind starts.  McNeil earned it. On July 30th, his batting average was .287 while Freeman was at .319. McNeil had to hit .378 for the rest of the season to get to the top.

Would you level the same criticism @ Luis Arraez for denying Arron Judge a shot at the triple crown?  Judge played 55 straight games while Arraez sat out 3 of the last 4 games, nursing a hamstring injury and protecting his lead. After he was assured of the batting title, he played and hit a double. Not bad for a guy with a hamstring injury.

Both decisions were Weak.

Do you think Pete Rose would have sat out the last game to protect a batting title? Not a chance!

That's the difference between the game back then and now.

Still can't believe the Mets Blew a 10 game lead.

Edited by Jimbo

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Rory and D got a bird. Blue Gold Macaw

received_2069143140141208.thumb.jpeg.84eacdefff1327882af2dfab9db09f84.jpeg

No name yet, waiting on gender verification

received_1916126005243059.thumb.jpeg.1b57706b00ea1dd3cba4316143712f4a.jpeg

Of course it has a leash🤣🤣

received_896637454647734.thumb.jpeg.c9dc252117e9d12952cf90a7f917f168.jpeg

And Maria got a 'puppy'

20221003_095922.thumb.jpg.e3398a70ce2c9f4cc73024d0ffc059c2.jpg

Bell hasn't met it yet

Bird is beautiful. I expected no less of a leash! I do miss his posts of working with the police.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Well, I saved some time by not watching it. I've always felt that the re-dos of those old shows just aren't as good as the originals.

The only thing this show has in common with the old is taking place on a ship.

• Like 2