Jump to content
  • Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips
,

Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)


Recommended Posts

I just heard from our good friends that moved to pinellas park on August 30th.

Happy to hear all is good at their house.   She said they lost power during the night but is back on now.   They "only" had winds around 75 to 80 mph and no flooding issues.   

They passed their initiation 😃

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Jimbo, you know they are immune to life.  Nothing is going to happen to them.  I remember way back when we had a hurricane off the Carolina coast and we had booked a house on the beach for Labor Day weekend, and going out between the storm bits and seeing people surfing.  

 

Yeah, a few of them might die, but hey you are not livin if you are not on the edge is a lot of peoples thought process, especially the young.  

Yes, I understand but if you are going to try to go into the rough surf at least do it in an open space just to see how powerful it is, don't do it near concrete piers.

9 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Wasn’t it the humor that made you have to go away… just sayin…..

Yes, really with so many people suffering and property lost right now, don't think now is the time for those kinds of posts. Just sayin.........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

61 years since 61. Aaron Judge has written his name alongside Roger Maris in baseball's record books.

 

 

Love it, I have been a Yankee fan all my life , love that Roger Maris son was sitting next to Aaron Judges mom.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, George C said:

Love it, I have been a Yankee fan all my life , love that Roger Maris son was sitting next to Aaron Judges mom.

Did you see the fan that just missed catching the ball? The Blue Jays players in the bull pen got it and passed it around for a while and then finally gave it back to the Yankees. Judge finally got it back and then gave it to his Mother.

They are now saying the ball is worth between $200,000 to $2 Million.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

 Yes, really with so many people suffering and property lost right now, don't think now is the time for those kinds of posts. Just sayin.........

I think we all feel for the people who are affected by the storm.  We all worry about them.  It is sad to lose property but it can be rebuilt.  The important part is that everyone is safe.  Humor is the way humans deal with stressful, scary situations.  That is why people laugh during funerals sometimes.

Edited by Keksie
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Thanks just the yard so far but it's inching up

Is that water just from a low spot in your yard from the rain? or is there an over flowing canal or some body of water behind those trees behind your shed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yesterday was Lucy’s 10 year anniversary of her arrival at our house. 

 

Happy Anniversary to Lucy!

 

 

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Just routine day I'm lockdown 

 

 

 

Stay safe Ellen I am thinking of you.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, I understand but if you are going to try to go into the rough surf at least do it in an open space just to see how powerful it is, don't do it near concrete piers.

Yes, really with so many people suffering and property lost right now, don't think now is the time for those kinds of posts. Just sayin.........

 

Piers have the best waves

 

Levity is the best medicine

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Did you see the fan that just missed catching the ball? The Blue Jays players in the bull pen got it and passed it around for a while and then finally gave it back to the Yankees. Judge finally got it back and then gave it to his Mother.

They are now saying the ball is worth between $200,000 to $2 Million.

I just replayed it, glad I have this on my dvr not going to delete it for a while , I sure # 62 will be worth a lot also , hopefully he will do that Yankee stadium this weekend.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Specialist said cut out.

My GP gave me an antibiotic/steroid cream 2 weeks ago when she took this photo and it looks a lot better now but specialist indicated it was a BSC.after close look.

Sorry to hear this, Graham. I hope the scarring will be minimal. 😞

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I came here this morning to see how the FL people made out (thankfully it seems not terrible - or at least not as bad as it could’ve been) and to my surprise, I see that @John&LaLa John is posting again. Welcome back. 
We’re in PA until Sunday, babysitting our youngest grandson. Our oldest DD & SIL are taking the two older boys to Washington DC for a little educational trip.  
I just made final payment on our January NCL cruise.  We were supposed to cruise with friends next June on NCL Getaway, but NCL cancelled it due to redeployment of that ship.  The only time that worked for our friends was January, so we’re all on the Encore 1/29/23.  It meant cancelling the 1/8 Harmony cruise as doing both just wasn’t feasible.  But the consolation is we’re scheduled for a Tortola stop which means Jost Van Dyke - I booked the NCL catamaran excursion there this morning. @Sea Dog I’ll provide a full report for you, with pictures.  
I’ll be checking back for more updates from our FL residents & hoping for good news. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

But the consolation is we’re scheduled for a Tortola stop which means Jost Van Dyke - I booked the NCL catamaran excursion there this morning. @Sea Dog I’ll provide a full report for you, with pictures.  

 

Oh how exciting. I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Have a Pain Killer for me at the Soggy Dollar Bar. You are in for a treat.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, George C said:

Love it, I have been a Yankee fan all my life , love that Roger Maris son was sitting next to Aaron Judges mom.

What a beautiful baseball moment.

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

I think we all feel for the people who are affected by the storm.  We all worry about them.  It is sad to lose property but it can be rebuilt.  The important part is that everyone is safe.  Humor is the way humans deal with stressful, scary situations.  That is why people laugh during funerals sometimes.

Mary Tyler Moore Show - Chuckles Bites the Dust.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance - Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com - November 2022
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2022
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...