Vacation Protection Plan

pjfnme

I have never purchased this insurance however when I re-booked my cancelled cruise, my PVP added this "optional" amount to my totals.  I advised him that I did not wish to purchase it, but he said that he only included it as an optional amount just to show that it had been offered to me.  He assured me that it could be removed at any time and would not compute towards my final cost.  Fast forward two weeks later, and I checked my booking Monday night (to see if my credits had been properly applied), and it certainly appears as though the vacation plan amounts were included in the final balance owed.  Additionally, there is a notification that advises that the vacation plan cannot be modified as it is within the "cancellation period"?   I haven't been able to get back in touch with my PVP about it so I thought I would ask here first...does anyone happen to know how long you have to cancel these charges?  I did not agree to them in the first place, and I certainly don't want to be stuck with them.  Final payment isn't due on this cruise until next year.

1 hour ago, Aerospacemom said:

My PVP told me the same thing and I also was very hesitant to believe it.

I just got off the phone with my PVP. He said that it was still showing as optional charges and sent me confirmations that reflect that. He assured me that the charges would come off if I decided I didn’t want it prior to final payment. Maybe it’s a commission thing?  I don’t know, but as long as I am able to remove it I’m okay. Still seems kind of strange to me.  

3 hours ago, pjfnme said:

I just got off the phone with my PVP. He said that it was still showing as optional charges and sent me confirmations that reflect that. He assured me that the charges would come off if I decided I didn’t want it prior to final payment. Maybe it’s a commission thing?  I don’t know, but as long as I am able to remove it I’m okay. Still seems kind of strange to me.  

Then call him back tomorrow and have it removed immediately. otherwise, here's what's going to happen. Final date comes up, hubby asks wife/wife asks hubby to call and authorize final payment. They do, you now paid for insurance you didn't want or need. Or, you have auto pay set up, final day comes and it's paid for.

There is NO reason why it should be listed on an "optional" charge sheet if you don't want it on there.

Edited by klfrodo