Jump to content

Oceania Refunds - Has anyone actually received any cash yet?


Pster55
 Share

Recommended Posts

We cancelled our August Oceania cruise back in April, within the 120 day limit,  and had the money in our CC account within 23 days (deposit only obviously)  It came directly from Oceania as our TA does not hold any payments from their clients.  It depends on the TA you use in the UK, and the TA holding on to monies here is one of the biggest names here.  Not good practice.     J                                                                                

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I’ve stated before, I think whether you were in line before or after the refinancing status is a major factor in how long it takes to get your money back. About two weeks after that happened refunds started  being reported right and left here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

Deposit, or full fare after final payment refund? That seems to make a difference.

We got our deposit one day short of six weeks and they had said four to six weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2020 at 6:32 PM, Paulchili said:

Glad you got your money but I am not buying your story of preference to US clients.

I still think the UK agents are playing a game and blaming Oceania.

JMO.

 

In our case with O the refund was direct to our CC on both cruises, no delay from the TA, indeed had it not been for her persistence on insisting that a senior person speak to her we would probably still be waiting for the refund of our full payment. As with others the refund of deposit only was much faster. 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our cruise was 25 May 2020 to Alaska (our first with Oceania)
Cancelled by Oceania 25 April

Refund requested 29 April

Refund received 29 June in three amounts - deposit, final payment and excursions - directly to our credit card. 

 

I booked directly with Oceania, no TA involvement, no communication since 30 April when they confirmed receipt of my refund request and I am in New Zealand. 
 

We are happy to have our refund so we can rebook our adventure for 2021. Unfortunately Oceania don’t have an equivalent cruise so we will try again another year in another part of the world 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2020 at 9:14 AM, Benita said:

We cancelled our transatlantic for November,2020  on June 9. Deposit was refunded on June 18. 

Took us about 3 weeks or so until we got our money back.   Not too bad for this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2020 at 8:02 AM, Jay23 said:

We cancelled our August Oceania cruise back in April, within the 120 day limit,  and had the money in our CC account within 23 days (deposit only obviously)  It came directly from Oceania as our TA does not hold any payments from their clients.  It depends on the TA you use in the UK, and the TA holding on to monies here is one of the biggest names here.  Not good practice.     J                                                                                

Like you we cancelled our August cruise on Marina on 31 March with our TA (copied to Oceania) well before the balance was due and was told in mid April that it could take up to 60 days - which has now passed and nothing heard from either TA or Oceania. Perhaps its time to remind then!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Pet said:

Like you we cancelled our August cruise on Marina on 31 March with our TA (copied to Oceania) well before the balance was due and was told in mid April that it could take up to 60 days - which has now passed and nothing heard from either TA or Oceania. Perhaps its time to remind then!

Yes it is time you got back to them.   That is really not good enough      J

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BTW  We are trying to get a refund from British Airways.   We can get a voucher on line but we have to phone for a refund.  When we phone  and press 1 for the refund it rings for six times and then the line goes dead.    They have cancelled the flight.  J

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read this  on another forum but seems to be the  case for UK  bookings  with different cruise lines/agencies

I replaced the travel agency name with XXX  so not to run a foul of CC 😉

 

 

"XXX are not the only TA who add a further 30 days from receiving the refund, before returning it to you, as XXXX confirmed they do the same.

So it is the cruise company refund period plus potentially another 30 days if you used a TA"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I read this  on another forum but seems to be the  case for UK  bookings  with different cruise lines/agencies

I replaced the travel agency name with XXX  so not to run a foul of CC 😉

 

 

"XXX are not the only TA who add a further 30 days from receiving the refund, before returning it to you, as XXXX confirmed they do the same.

So it is the cruise company refund period plus potentially another 30 days if you used a TA"

This is correct.  It is bad practice, particularly at this time.   As I said our TA does not do this but I am not able to give the name on here.  J

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Jay23 said:

This is correct.  It is bad practice, particularly at this time.   As I said our TA does not do this but I am not able to give the name on here.  J

it is not the practice of  agencies in Canada & probably the USA  to take clients money & pass it on  it usually goes direct to the cruise line or tour company

 which is why many of us on this side of the pond are confused by the delay in refunds & the animosity to the cruise lines

 

Regional differences

JMO

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jay23 said:

BTW  We are trying to get a refund from British Airways.   We can get a voucher on line but we have to phone for a refund.  When we phone  and press 1 for the refund it rings for six times and then the line goes dead.    They have cancelled the flight.  J

I was in the same position with 4 flights with returns , l sucessfully got all my refunds on line. Look for  make a complaint and register your greivence . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Jay23 said:

BTW  We are trying to get a refund from British Airways.   We can get a voucher on line but we have to phone for a refund.  When we phone  and press 1 for the refund it rings for six times and then the line goes dead.    They have cancelled the flight.  J

You may want to try this which I copied from a Flyertalk thread a month or so ago so I'd be ready if and when my BA flight is cancelled.

 

Cancelled flights cash refund application without calling.


I found a workaround for cancelled flights to enable you to get a refund even if clicking on refund takes you to the voucher page.

It is similar to the JavaScript workaround already mentioned in relation to Avios bookings but it includes an extra step.

  • From your MMB page where the flight is shown as cancelled go into your browser's settings and disable JavaScript.
  • Click on the cancel and refund button.
  • Confirm that you now see the correct cash refund form and not the voucher refund form.
  • Turn JavaScript back on in your browser settings.
  • Click on the "Yes" radio button to select that you are a person in the booking.
  • When nothing happens press "Enter" on your keyboard. (This works in Firefox and Chrome)
  • The page refreshes and shows an error at the top of the page "email address invalid"
  • Click on the "Yes" radio button again and this time it will allow you to select the name of the traveller and complete the rest of the form.

Hope this works for others.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Fam_Cruise said:

You may want to try this which I copied from a Flyertalk thread a month or so ago so I'd be ready if and when my BA flight is cancelled.

 

Cancelled flights cash refund application without calling.


I found a workaround for cancelled flights to enable you to get a refund even if clicking on refund takes you to the voucher page.

It is similar to the JavaScript workaround already mentioned in relation to Avios bookings but it includes an extra step.

  • From your MMB page where the flight is shown as cancelled go into your browser's settings and disable JavaScript.
  • Click on the cancel and refund button.
  • Confirm that you now see the correct cash refund form and not the voucher refund form.
  • Turn JavaScript back on in your browser settings.
  • Click on the "Yes" radio button to select that you are a person in the booking.
  • When nothing happens press "Enter" on your keyboard. (This works in Firefox and Chrome)
  • The page refreshes and shows an error at the top of the page "email address invalid"
  • Click on the "Yes" radio button again and this time it will allow you to select the name of the traveller and complete the rest of the form.

Hope this works for others.

 

I posted this work around in March

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2742807-oceania-passenger-with-flights-cancelled-by-ba/

I managed to get my flights refunded but I'm still waiting for my refund for seat reservations.

I read on another board that this 'loophole' has now been closed 😕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Glenndale said:

I posted this work around in March

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2742807-oceania-passenger-with-flights-cancelled-by-ba/

I managed to get my flights refunded but I'm still waiting for my refund for seat reservations.

I read on another board that this 'loophole' has now been closed 😕

That's about the time I copied it, but haven't had a need to use it yet.  Too bad it no longer works, although the last time I called the US BA Gold desk they answered fairly quickly.  It probably varies based on day and time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Glenndale said:

I posted this work around in March

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2742807-oceania-passenger-with-flights-cancelled-by-ba/

I managed to get my flights refunded but I'm still waiting for my refund for seat reservations.

I read on another board that this 'loophole' has now been closed 😕

 

This Get around no longer works, if you file a complaint on the web site you will get your refund !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Glenndale said:

I posted this work around in March

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2742807-oceania-passenger-with-flights-cancelled-by-ba/

I managed to get my flights refunded but I'm still waiting for my refund for seat reservations.

I read on another board that this 'loophole' has now been closed 😕

 

Any news on your cruise refund yet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We haven’t seen one dime for our cancelled March 11 cruise. We also decided to cancel our December cruise two weeks ago,  and we were told it would take 6 weeks to get the refund for that one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...