Regent Refund Experience (please limit to received refunds)

Portolan

1 hour ago, ronrick1943 said:

Our sail date was April 1, the cancelled the cruise I think about 2 weeks before.  We asked for a refund on that cruise the day it was canceled , however after we cancelled we had another form our TA had to fill out for the refund (why, I don't know they waiting a few weeks for that form). So maybe they used the early date????

Ah, that makes sense now.   So it seems that there is a method to the madness.  Thanks!

The cancellation doesn't officially take effect until the form is received but that is still weeks before Regent gets to that batch. Last I heard they were on APril 1 - 10 but that could be changing soon as they seem to be getting a lot out. I have a call the end of the week - if they share more info I will post.

• Like 1

Doubling up on the other thread, but we got a full refund today for our April 1 cruise that Regent cancelled. 77 days from when we requested a refund. 

The refund was in four separate transactions but they total the right amount.

I am relieved. We’d still like to sail on Regent; this was to be our first time on that line.

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

pcardad, have you heard about an announcement supposedly today on reopening protocols?  I saw mention on NCL board and I thought over here too.

thanks,

Marc

Yes - I have it. Just waiting to hear if it can be released.

Here you go!

https://www.rssc.com/HealthSafetyProtocols

Edited by Pcardad
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rallydave said:

Appreciate you trying to help however, it appears the fact that it seems that everytime one aske a Regent representative a question one gets a different answer and that may apply to the information that has been provided by you.

Seems it would save a lot of consternation, confusion, time, etc. if Regent would simply post on their website how refunds work both for cruises cancelled by Regent or the customer.  Much more time and effort is being wasted than taking a little time to update the website with factual information.

Pcardad has credibility on this board and, if I remember correctly, had his cruise canceled by Regent early on.  While I am not picking on you, I'm curious as to why you and other posters that either have not cruised on Regent or haven't in many years care about what Regent posts on their website?  If what Regent is (or is not doing) is affecting you or others on this board that are not awaiting refund, FCC's, etc., it would be interesting to learn why.  I read other boards but do not post as I feel that adding more negative comments to the ones posted by current cruisers could come across as being disingenuous (not saying you are - just a general question for those that are not affected by the recent cancellations and/or have a cruise booked that could be cancelled.)

Thank you in advance for your response.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/15/2020 at 9:23 AM, cruisealert said:

Whom should I call at Regent? Just Customer Service? Our April 1 Splendor cruise was cancelled by Regent on 3/13 so 30 days have gone past so far. 

I called Regent three times and still have not be reimbursed for March 15 cancellation of April 1  Splendor cruise. (0 days is a week away.

Today, if my math is correct, it has been 90 days since the first group of Regent-cancelled cruises were announced (not those underway or cancelled at the time of sailing).  If those affected quickly applied for the full cash refund, they should be within days of hitting the promised "within 90 days" deadline.  Anybody in this group still waiting?

SusieQft's spreadsheet seems to indicate that there are at least 7 (a not insignificant percentage) above the 85 day range...perhaps they've not reported their received refund.

Edited by Portolan

Regent is done with April sailing refunds - now working on May 1 - May 15. Also done with refunds from August and beyond.

Their pace is picking up and their communication is getting better! I am putting on my cheerleader outfit again!

And August sailings are said to be cancelled...more info next week when Regent comments. I am just sharing "personal opinion"...

2 hours ago, Pcardad said:

And yes...many people don't know their refund has been processed. Perhaps they could check with their TA or their TA should really be calling them. 

Really?  The refund isn't processed until it shows up, at least as a pending transaction, on your credit card.

I expect many, like me, download their financial transactions daily using Quicken or the like and will know immediately when the refund has been registered with the credit card company.

If the statement that refunds have been processed means that Regent folks have calculated and approved the refund and now it's with their accounting department, then it hasn't been processed by Regent.  It's "processed" when it hits the credit card, and nothing less.

This entire thread would have been irrelevant if Regent had just said up front that times were tough and that they would make full refunds "within 75-90 days" rather than "within 90 days" which was obviously never the intent or capability.

Edited by Portolan

10 minutes ago, Portolan said:

Really?  The refund isn't processed until it shows up, at least as a pending transaction, on your credit card.

I expect many, like me, download their financial transactions daily using Quicken or the like and will know immediately when the refund has been registered with the credit card company.

If the statement that refunds have been processed means that Regent folks have calculated and approved the refund and now it's with their accounting department, then it hasn't been processed by Regent.  It's "processed" when it hits the credit card, and nothing less.

This entire thread would have been irrelevant if Regent had just said up front that times were tough and that they would make full refunds "within 75-90 days" rather than "within 90 days" which was obviously never the intent or capability.

Small disagreement.  In my case, I was told the balance of my refund happened on the 8th.  When it finally showed on my cards was today, the 11th.  My credit cards show processed on the 8th.  So, there was a delay in posting by the credit card companies the way I see it.

Mad

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MadMarine said:

Small disagreement.  In my case, I was told the balance of my refund happened on the 8th.  When it finally showed on my cards was today, the 11th.  My credit cards show processed on the 8th.  So, there was a delay in posting by the credit card companies the way I see it.

Mad

Well, I could have added that some of the more anal of us have also been directly checking the credit account daily which will show a pending transaction if any information has been received from Regent.

16 minutes ago, Portolan said:

In addition, why would we contact our TA to find out if the refund was processed as they would only know if informed by Regent and don't believe the TA is contacted once the refund is processed at Regent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Portolan said:

Well, I could have added that some of the more anal of us have also been directly checking the credit account daily which will show a pending transaction if any information has been received from Regent.

Small disagreement Portolan; while debits do show on accounts as soon as the credit card is scanned and show up as pending have never seen a credit show up as pending so you will not see a pending credit until it is final and showing as fully refunded.  So you are wasting your time looking for a pending credit.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Portolan said:

Ha ha, that would have been me!

30 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Ha ha, that would have been me!

Wendy, unfortunately credits never show as pending like purchases do.  They either don't show or show as processed and credits on your account.