Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Tracey.kinney425

Restaurants near Port Canaveral

Recommended Posts

Grills was great on our last visit - yummy and fun! 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many from which to choose.  We chose Fishlips and was not disappointed.  Grills is recommended so often that I want to patronize them when I visit Port Canaveral again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grills vs Fishlips is an on-going discussion and mostly personal preference.  We're Grills people and used to eat there all the time before we moved, but I've been to Fishlips several times and not been disappointed.  For good food down the road in Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral there is Thai Thai (Thai/Japanese/Sushi), Coasters (Cocoa Beach), Papa Vitos (pizza), Longdoggers (Cocoa Beach).  

 

All of these are local places with great food and a wide variety of cuisine.  These are just a few of my favorites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grill's then Fishlips and Rusty's in that order.

 

Grills had the best BBQ and Bacon wrapped scallops I've ever had. Entertainment on deck is good.

 

Fishlips if you can get a seat outside on upper deck great view. Good menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Close to the hotels just south along Astronaut  is Southern Charms diner.

Breakfasts are great. But they have a nice menu for other meals as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inside the port area, Junkanoo is getting good reviews since it opened last year.  

Southern Charm for breakfast is very good.  They have a Prime Rib dinner night on I think it was Fridays.  

A little further down A1A in Cape Canaveral is my absolute favorite breakfast: Darci's Bacon Blues.  It isn't walkable so you'd have to Uber.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2020 at 2:15 PM, slidergirl said:

Inside the port area, Junkanoo is getting good reviews since it opened last year.  

Southern Charm for breakfast is very good.  They have a Prime Rib dinner night on I think it was Fridays.  

A little further down A1A in Cape Canaveral is my absolute favorite breakfast: Darci's Bacon Blues.  It isn't walkable so you'd have to Uber.  

I heard some sad news today that Darci's Bacon Blues has closed.  They said they are going to work to ty to re-open, but no guarantees.  I'm sad - I looked forward to breakfasts there when I'm in Cocoa Beach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2020 at 8:12 AM, Oviedo32765 said:

Yes Google can be used for a search. However, getting reviews from people that have cruised and what their take of places are is maybe more important than random people. I used Google for this exact search, found a few I wanted more info on, and then found this to narrow it down further. I have 3 primary options to have our afternoon/evening meal at the port to watch the cruises leaving the day before ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also look at the website and reviews for Rising Tide.  Another nice place in the Port.  Not so kitchy/touristy as Grills and Fishlips, but a proper brew pub kind of place.  It does have a very nice beer menu for tap, bottle and can.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2020 at 7:01 PM, rkacruiser said:

Many from which to choose.  We chose Fishlips and was not disappointed.  Grills is recommended so often that I want to patronize them when I visit Port Canaveral again.

Fishlips had some amaaaaazing chicken nachos made with won-ton skins instead of traditional tortilla chips. Loved them and the chance to have a brew before dinner at Grills outdoor patio while listening to a live band & watching the ships depart. Can't wait to get back to this someday (hopefully soon).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dixie Crossroads in Titusville. Rock Shrimp and the included corn fritters are to die for.

T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2020 at 11:03 AM, iahawkfan21 said:

Grills vs Fishlips is an on-going discussion and mostly personal preference.  We're Grills people and used to eat there all the time before we moved, but I've been to Fishlips several times and not been disappointed.  For good food down the road in Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral there is Thai Thai (Thai/Japanese/Sushi), Coasters (Cocoa Beach), Papa Vitos (pizza), Longdoggers (Cocoa Beach).  

 

All of these are local places with great food and a wide variety of cuisine.  These are just a few of my favorites.

We always visit Papa Vito's -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2020 at 9:53 PM, Florida Glamazon said:

Fishlips had some amaaaaazing chicken nachos made with won-ton skins instead of traditional tortilla chips. Loved them and the chance to have a brew before dinner at Grills outdoor patio while listening to a live band & watching the ships depart. Can't wait to get back to this someday (hopefully soon).

 

Love those at Fish Lips, and actually have never found anything else like them anywhere else.  Also always have to have the Key Lime Pie frozen drink (again very unique to Fish Lips).  Sure do miss having those 2 favorite things this year.  Oh well, maybe next May if all goes well. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...