Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I actually had a voicemail from Carnival today offering to help me with my 4/18/20 cruise which was canceled.. They left a number to return the call.. We are planning to rebook for next year. We'll see how this return call goes.. I was just surprised to receive that call after so many not being able to get through such a short time ago. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just be careful that it's not a phishing scam! Phone numbers can be spoofed to look it it's Carnival calling.  If you've ever posted on a Facebook with your real name, people know you were sailing - especially if you posted in a group for your specific sail date.  Many of those groups have a "where are you coming from?!" type posts.  And it's simple to search someone's name and location and get a phone number.  It could be that the "phone number" they want you to call back at isn't Carnival at all.  If you call back, make sure to use the number off of Carnival's website - (800) 764-7419. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lindya said:

I actually had a voicemail from Carnival today offering to help me with my 4/18/20 cruise which was canceled.. They left a number to return the call.. We are planning to rebook for next year. We'll see how this return call goes.. I was just surprised to receive that call after so many not being able to get through such a short time ago. 

I  was hooked up almost immediately when I called to reschedule my cruise. I mentioned to the girl that it was quick.  She said thats because you chose the option for booking a new cruise  not dealing with an existing cruise which is true for you.  They will help you move all the FCC and OBC when you speak to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Us too, promised a 100% refund "in 3 to 4 business days" after Carnival canceled our Barcelona cruise.  16 days later no refund, just a nasty cancellation letter as if WE canceled the cruise and imposing a penalty for canceling.  Trying to get through to them to clarify it's another error, and that the 100% refund is just very, very delayed, is impossible.  I've waited twice for 30 minutes, so tired of those snippets about blue iguana and the parrot, etc... worse than elevator music.  CARNIVAL WHERE'S OUR REFUND? YOU CANCELED THE CRUISE.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Us too, promised a 100% refund "in 3 to 4 business days" after Carnival canceled our Barcelona cruise.  16 days later no refund, just a nasty cancellation letter as if WE canceled the cruise and imposing a penalty for canceling.  Trying to get through to them to clarify it's another error, and that the 100% refund is just very, very delayed, is impossible.  I've waited twice for 30 minutes, so tired of those snippets about blue iguana and the parrot, etc... worse than elevator music.  CARNIVAL WHERE'S OUR REFUND? YOU CANCELED THE CRUISE.

Can you post the nasty letter?

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Us too, promised a 100% refund "in 3 to 4 business days" after Carnival canceled our Barcelona cruise.  16 days later no refund, just a nasty cancellation letter as if WE canceled the cruise and imposing a penalty for canceling.  Trying to get through to them to clarify it's another error, and that the 100% refund is just very, very delayed, is impossible.  I've waited twice for 30 minutes, so tired of those snippets about blue iguana and the parrot, etc... worse than elevator music.  CARNIVAL WHERE'S OUR REFUND? YOU CANCELED THE CRUISE.

 This kind of BS is not limited to cruise companies. We had paid well in advance to a local firm for Broadway tickets in late March including a bus ride to NY City. When I heard that Broadway plays were being shut down, I called and asked for a refund. He replied that their policy was NO REFUNDS. I said that cannot possibly apply when you are no longer able to provide the service we paid for. He stood his grounds until I told him I would contact American Express about this. He then backed down.

 

But, I see on his firm's website (at least as of a few days ago) that he is still selling play tickets for April (which will never happen) and May which are extremely doubtful (otherwise how could he possibly get multiple tickets for Hamilton and To Kill a Mockingbird, 2 plays that always sell out). And he is still selling a bus ride to Cooperstown for the Hall of Fame inductions that have long since been cancelled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Sure... it's an email - how do I attach an email?

Screenshot it and select the option that says click to choose files or insert other media

 

Or just copy and paste as plain text.

Edited by xDisconnections
Link to post
Share on other sites

RE:Booking#xxxxxDear Guest/Travel Partner,Wearesorrythatyourreservationhascancelled.Ifyourcancellationoccurredduringpenaltyperiodtheamountwillbe listed below:BookingRef:C28WM5CARNIVAL RADIANCE04/29/2020Guest NamesCancellation DatePenalty AssessedJEFF VON REICHENBACHTBA VON REICHENBACHTBA VON REICHENBACH03/21/202003/21/202003/21/2020USD 0.00USD 411.50USD 219.00Arefundofthegovernmentfeesandtaxeswillbeprocessedtotheoriginalformofpaymentwithin10-14business days.We hope you will once again consider Carnival when making future vacation plans.Sincerely,Carnival Cruise LineRE:Booking#:xxxxxxxx

Dear Guest/Travel Partner,Wearesorrythatyourreservationhascancelled.Ifyourcancellationoccurredduringpenaltyperiodtheamountwillbe listed below:

BookingRef:xxxxxxxCARNIVAL RADIANCE04/29/2020

Guest NamesCancellation DatePenalty Assessed

xxxxxxx 03/19/2020 0.00 USD

xxxxxxx 03/19/2020 411.50 USD

xxxxxxx 03/19/2020 219.00 USD

Arefundofthegovernmentfeesandtaxeswillbeprocessedtotheoriginalformofpayment We hope youwillagain consider Carnival when making future vacation plans.Sincerely,Carnival Cruise Line

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
PII not redacted
Link to post
Share on other sites

This was the original email, you can see below it promises 100% refund (after all Carnival canceled the cruise, not us).  The post above this one actually came two days later - on the phone call they didn't say anything about penalty in fact they said I'd get an email putting the 100% refund in writing.

It was a freaking nightmare because I tried to complete their form but got an error message.  I called Carnival and the representative just said "you can't fill out that form" - no apology or anything.  Then the one hour plus wait for the casino only to be shoveled off to someone else, which is where the email in the post above this one originated.

STILL NO REFUND posted to my Carnival Mastercard.

This email came on 3/19, the one above on 3/21.

 

If you select Option 1 - 100% future cruise credit plus onboard credit

  • The higher onboard credit will be applied to your new booking if booked by December 31, 2020.
  • If you have already made a new booking with Carnival, please complete the new booking information below.
New Booking Number
Sail Date (mm/dd/yyyy)
Ship Name
Select...Carnival BreezeCarnival ConquestCarnival DreamCarnival EcstasyCarnival ElationCarnival FantasyCarnival FascinationCarnival FreedomCarnival GloryCarnival HorizonCarnival ImaginationCarnival InspirationCarnival LegendCarnival LibertyCarnival MagicCarnival MiracleCarnival PanoramaCarnival ParadiseCarnival PrideCarnival RadianceCarnival SensationCarnival SpiritCarnival SunriseCarnival SunshineCarnival ValorCarnival VistaMardi Gras

If you select Option 2 - 100% Refund

  • A full refund of your original booking will be provided.
  • If you have already made a new booking with Carnival, we will cancel your new booking and remove the future cruise credit and onboard credit. Please complete the new booking information below.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be nice if they were utilizing their employees to process our refunds instead of calling people for no good reason trying to get them to switch from a refund to a fcc.  They say they're short staffed and overloaded with refunds to Process and that's why no one is getting their refunds. Seems to me they don't want to refund people and are trying to hoard every bit of cash they can.  I understand the business mindset behind this train of thought but Carnival Isn't the only people in the world that need their money at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

This was the original email, you can see below it promises 100% refund (after all Carnival canceled the cruise, not us).  The post above this one actually came two days later - on the phone call they didn't say anything about penalty in fact they said I'd get an email putting the 100% refund in writing.

It was a freaking nightmare because I tried to complete their form but got an error message.  I called Carnival and the representative just said "you can't fill out that form" - no apology or anything.  Then the one hour plus wait for the casino only to be shoveled off to someone else, which is where the email in the post above this one originated.

STILL NO REFUND posted to my Carnival Mastercard.

This email came on 3/19, the one above on 3/21.

 

If you select Option 1 - 100% future cruise credit plus onboard credit

  • The higher onboard credit will be applied to your new booking if booked by December 31, 2020.
  • If you have already made a new booking with Carnival, please complete the new booking information below.
New Booking Number
 
Sail Date (mm/dd/yyyy)
 
Ship Name
Select...Carnival BreezeCarnival ConquestCarnival DreamCarnival EcstasyCarnival ElationCarnival FantasyCarnival FascinationCarnival FreedomCarnival GloryCarnival HorizonCarnival ImaginationCarnival InspirationCarnival LegendCarnival LibertyCarnival MagicCarnival MiracleCarnival PanoramaCarnival ParadiseCarnival PrideCarnival RadianceCarnival SensationCarnival SpiritCarnival SunriseCarnival SunshineCarnival ValorCarnival VistaMardi Gras

If you select Option 2 - 100% Refund

  • A full refund of your original booking will be provided.
  • If you have already made a new booking with Carnival, we will cancel your new booking and remove the future cruise credit and onboard credit. Please complete the new booking information below.

Just curious did you book directly with Carnival or a travel agent? Want to set realistic expectations for my daughter after their Radiance July cruise was cancelled. 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, zpdw484 said:

Would be nice if they were utilizing their employees to process our refunds instead of calling people for no good reason trying to get them to switch from a refund to a fcc.  They say they're short staffed and overloaded with refunds to Process and that's why no one is getting their refunds. Seems to me they don't want to refund people and are trying to hoard every bit of cash they can.  I understand the business mindset behind this train of thought but Carnival Isn't the only people in the world that need their money at the moment.

I understand what you are saying but they probably only have 2-3 people that handle billing/refunds in their accounting department.  They probably will train a few other business employees to help but you don't want to start bringing in customer service people to handle it.  Huge internal controls risk.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, iamsteph said:

Just be careful that it's not a phishing scam! Phone numbers can be spoofed to look it it's Carnival calling.  If you've ever posted on a Facebook with your real name, people know you were sailing - especially if you posted in a group for your specific sail date.  Many of those groups have a "where are you coming from?!" type posts.  And it's simple to search someone's name and location and get a phone number.  It could be that the "phone number" they want you to call back at isn't Carnival at all.  If you call back, make sure to use the number off of Carnival's website - (800) 764-7419. 

 

It's not a spoofing scam.  I have Carnival's phone number saved in my phone.  I received one of these calls as well, in regards to my Legend cruise that was cancelled. It's a PVP that called. They are simply trying to get the business of people that might be thinking about rebooking a cancelled cruise.  Obviously Carnival would prefer people to rebook than to request refunds.  So they must have given list of cancelled cruises and contact information to their PVPs.

Edited by Cruising_Addict
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

Just curious did you book directly with Carnival or a travel agent? Want to set realistic expectations for my daughter after their Radiance July cruise was cancelled. 

Thanks

 

I'm a travel agent. It doesn't matter how you booked. We're waiting just like everyone else. Your daughter should expect her refund to take 30-90 days, unfortunately. 

Edited by saharaga
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, saharaga said:

 

I'm a travel agent. It doesn't matter how you booked. We're waiting just like everyone else. Your daughter should expect her refund to take 30-90 days, unfortunately. 

Thanks. I will let her know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, saharaga said:

 

I'm a travel agent. It doesn't matter how you booked. We're waiting just like everyone else. Your daughter should expect her refund to take 30-90 days, unfortunately. 

We just cancelled with Princess (a refundable deposit plus an excursion), and were told by our TA (actually one of his assistants as he was out of the office) that it would take quite a while as they were still working on March cancellations. (Our cruise was supposed to be in late July.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone called us today as well.  I think they are calling the people asking for full refunds & trying to get them to switch to FCCs.  We opted for the full refund & I expect it to take 30-90 days to get that refund.  

What bothers me is that some people seem to be blaming Carnival- this virus is not Carnival's fault, therefore the cancelled cruises are due to the virus, not CCL.  They have so many refunds to process, it will take a very long time to get through them & who knows how long this pandemic will last.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are not just calling people who ask for refunds. My PVP called today.  They have lists of people who had cruises cancelled.  I had not chosen anything yet.  He did warn me that a cancellation email showing penalties would automatically be generated by the system but that I should ignore it because there are no penalties being assessed to thos of us who had cruises cancelled.  They cannot stop the computers from automatically generating those penalty notices.  Do not panic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pjhootch said:

They are not just calling people who ask for refunds. My PVP called today.  They have lists of people who had cruises cancelled.  I had not chosen anything yet.  He did warn me that a cancellation email showing penalties would automatically be generated by the system but that I should ignore it because there are no penalties being assessed to thos of us who had cruises cancelled.  They cannot stop the computers from automatically generating those penalty notices.  Do not panic.

Thanks for that. I had sent in the form linked to the cancellation email I got, and marked it for FCC/OBO. However, in my cruise manager the cruise is still appearing for April 11th. I was thinking about clicking on the Cancel button but was nervous because it's still saying $1300 penalty will be assessed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...