What will you do with your refund?

Like many others I have applied for a refund for a cruise that has been cancelled.  I live in hope that I will get the cash sometime around the end of May.

The sum is a few thousand,  that I had already spent mentally, and fortunately we do not need it for day to day expenses.  So, it's starting to burn a hole in my pocket. For obvious reasons, I don't think I'll use it for another holiday at the moment, and sticking it in an account earning  virtually nothing is not exactly exciting.

I've therefore started trawling through Autotrader, looking at old Jaguar XJs (don't tell Mrs W), and also considering buying a good few cases of claret. Anyone else doing some mental shopping out there?

Erm, what refund wowzz?  I'm still hanging in there hoping for my November cruise to go ahead. Silly I know, but a girl has to have a dream 😆

Avril 

I am using the cash saved by not paying the final balance on my june cruise to fund garden work turning my patio garden into vegetable production. not all of it and talking to the plants will help. also a years work on my model railway. as long as buying online continues. no point in saving it as I am in one of the 'at risk' categories, not high risk but I don't fancy a 1 in 11 chance of dying. Refurb the garage roof as well, the list goes on!

On 4/3/2020 at 3:14 PM, Adawn47 said:

Erm, what refund wowzz?  I'm still hanging in there hoping for my November cruise to go ahead. Silly I know, but a girl has to have a dream 😆

Avril 

Here here Avril

Bob

We will leave it in the bank when (if?) it arrives and wait until things are more stable as far as traveling. We may use it for a land vacation this year or a future cruise once they have proven they can sail without some having to quarantine again.