have you re-booked

suec12

I cancelled an upcoming cruise and got most of my $$$$ refunded quickly (mid-March) but I also have some FCC. I see a cruise similar to the one I cancelled for next spring but at this moment the deal is not as good as what I lost. Dithering over whether to re-book and make sure I have a place (and then re-fare if the deal improves) or just sort of wait and see at this point because who knows....will there be a HAL in a year....will there be a me in a year......? What will the demand for cruising be - high because of so many credits and plans cancelled or low because who would want to get on a cruise ship???? Interested in any and all guesstimates.

Those of you that now have some significant FCC, have you jumped on board for a future sailing?

Edited by suec12
spelling!

37 minutes ago, suec12 said:

I cancelled an upcoming cruise and got most of my $$$$ refunded quickly (mid-March) but I also have some FCC. I see a cruise similar to the one I cancelled for next spring but at this moment the deal is not as good as what I lost. Dithering over whether to re-book and make sure I have a place (and then re-fare if the deal improves) or just sort of wait and see at this point because who knows....will there be a HAL in a year....will there be a me in a year......? What will the demand for cruising be - high because of so many credits and plans cancelled or low because who would want to get on a cruise ship???? Interested in any and all guesstimates.

Those of you that now have some significant FCC, have you jumped on board for a future sailing?

We have a fair amount of FCC but haven't seen any itineraries that would cause us to book right now. Waiting to see how things settle out and what incentives there will be to book.

Edited by Queen of DaNile

I really wonder about cruise prices for late 2020 and into 2021.  On one hand you would think that prices should drop due to the lines wanting to entice people to book again.  On the other hand, many people have FCC (or cash) to use up so the lines may actually increase prices.

• Like 2

We'll be cancelling the September Med cruise before final payment.  Already have Jan/Feb 2020 B2B2B booked.  At some point we'll start shopping for a fall 2021 Med, but not in any hurry to do so.

We did 6 weeks on 3 ships in the Caribbean January/February recently.  It was more than our usual 3 weeks. Glad we were able to do it, who knows when that can happen again.

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

We'll be cancelling the September Med cruise before final payment.  Already have Jan/Feb 2020 B2B2B booked.  At some point we'll start shopping for a fall 2020 Med, but not in any hurry to do so.

I think you mean 2021???

I haven't rebooked anything, but I haven't canceled any cruises yet. 
I have a long cruise from Vancouver to Buenos Aires scheduled for October, but am not sure it will be safe to sail by then---if the cruises are even back. That one isn't due for final payment until late June, so there's time for things to settle down. Or not. 
The next cruise after that is August 2021. I figure by then we will have much more information, and will know where the virus and the cruiselines are going. With a little luck, there may even be a vaccine by then! That cruise is staying in my plans for now. 

• Like 1

We cancelled our sailing in September - October for Japan - just too worried that the virus may reappear (if it even goes away) and after seeing how the Diamond Princess and Westerdam were treated, we weren’t anxious to be in the same boat, so to speak.

It seems strange not to have a cruise booked right now, but I’m holding off for a bit.  I’d like to receive the FCC offer from HAL (I don’t know if that will happen or not) and have an idea of how this virus is going to go.  I do have my sights on a cruise but who knows if it will be going or if the itinerary will be changed?

We were cancelled with the last group.  We are waiting for the FCC to be applied to our Mariner #s.  Then we will apply $ and OBC offered to a new cruise.  

Our shore excursions and misc items show refunded but have not been returned to our cc yet or have port taxes, hotel or fights.  May take a while- HAL has a lot to deal with. 

1 hour ago, kazu said:

We cancelled our sailing in September - October for Japan - just too worried that the virus may reappear (if it even goes away) and after seeing how the Diamond Princess and Westerdam were treated, we weren’t anxious to be in the same boat, so to speak.

It seems strange not to have a cruise booked right now, but I’m holding off for a bit.  I’d like to receive the FCC offer from HAL (I don’t know if that will happen or not) and have an idea of how this virus is going to go.  I do have my sights on a cruise but who knows if it will be going or if the itinerary will be changed?

I am still looking at the one you cancelled as a B2B or B2B2B to replace our interrupted Westerdam trip.  However, since it starts as an Alaska repositioning and it looks like no Alaska cruises this season, I expect the itinerary will probably change.  

I rebooked our cancelled March Zuiderdam cruise for November.  Still don’t have any details on what our FCC looks like.  I have a final payment due for an August cruise coming up in a few weeks.  If I haven’t received the FCC details or refunds for cancelled excursions soon I will cancel August.  I honestly am beginning to think it will eventually get cancelled as things seem to be getting worse.

• Like 1

Our (April 2) 39-day Sydney-Vancouver cruise was canceled March 14. We re-booked a January cruise (Mexico Riviera/Circle Hawaii) it includes the "Have it All" promotion.

We still have September, December, and next fall cruises on the books.  Not too sure about the ones this year, especially September 😞  

I agree with those who say the best thing we can do for HAL now is to book a cruise.  

Received #1/#2 cancellation offer. Debating about using monies for a future land trip. 2021 cruises have slim offerings. Like a Europe cruise for Fall 2021, but already will be in Europe that Spring. Guess there could be worse decisions. Wonder if HAL will offer more 2021/22 cruises before 12/20.

We rebooked our cancelled cruise immediately to the exact same itinerary but in the holiday season due to needing to reserve the space, we needed 3 cabins in a row. We have school schedules to work around so limited time frames too. We then refared that cruise for the "Have it all" promo. The taxes and fees we had paid in were immediately transferred to the deposit on the new cruise but our FCC has not come through yet. PCC said minimum 60 days now for FCCs last time I emailed her. She said I would get an email letting me know the FCC funds had come available. Just wait and see now. Cruise isn't until December so final payment is September. Really hoping good things happen between now and then. 

Yes I have rebooked. Origional cruise was a coastal 42520, rebooked to an Alaska 8/1/20.  If the Alaska cruise needs to be cancelled because of this Covid-19 situation I will rebook for ???2021.  Even though I am a youngster of 78 years and have COPD among other physical conditiona I do not believe that my cuising days with HAL are over.

• Like 2

Waiting for my May Alaska cruise to be cancelled and planning to rebook for 2021 as soon as the FCC is credited to my mariner account. It was a family trip so we are just adjusting plans to go next year.

• Like 1

Yes! We have a cruise 2022 rebooked. 
received all our monies and air fare back from our disrupted Rotterdam cruise 4 days into cruise we had to fly home from PV on 3/15.Our new cruise also has 100% FCC applied also from our cruise also!

HAL came through fast as well as Oceania 

simce we were boarding Riviera in Miami to do a TA on 3/31 after Rotterdam. Got back 100% monies and 125% FCC so rebooked that also for 2022!

Denise😊