Jump to content

We took the deal and upgraded for 2021


Recommended Posts

We were really leaning towards canceling our cruise prior to the current situations. After seeing Emma Cruises video and Ben and David's video, we were having second thoughts, especially because of 'that pool.'

 

But then Virgin came up with that 200% credit towards a future cruise and $500 onboard credit and it was just too good to pass up. We really do enjoy trying new cruise lines and the food does look like it's going to live up to the hype. Plus we're sailing with another couple so regardless of the pool situation, we're going to have a good time. We were able to upgrade our Sea Terrace to a Sweet Aft Suite so we get access to Richard's Rooftop and one of the largest balconies we will ever have on a cruise ship. Our aft balcony on the Disney Fantasy is the only one that comes close.

 

So we'll be sailing in July 2021 on the same itinerary we were supposed to sail in August.  If you haven't see it yet, this aerial from her original entry into the Port of Miami really shows her off in the sunlight. The grey 'battleship' color really works with the red. The red pops a lot more than if the ship was mainly white.

 

We're now really looking forward to meeting The Lady in 2021.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also opted for the 200% for my cruise that was cancelled, and ended up booking a back to back, AND it ended up covering 2 of the "drink bonus" offers, where you get $100 extra credit with purchase. I also have OBC leftover after all of that!... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Nymich said:

I have one booked first week of September so I guess that falls outside of the 200% offer?

 

The 200% offer was only if you had a cruise that had been cancelled.  I don't recall a time frame for the re-booking.  We had one for August of this year that got cancelled and we took the 200% offer and re-booked for July 2021.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nymich said:

I have one booked first week of September so I guess that falls outside of the 200% offer?

 

They canceled our cruise so that was the offer. I'm not sure what they're offering guests if your cruise is still currently scheduled to go and you decide to rebook for a later date. You'd have to talk to your TA or Virgin. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

Planning on taking the offer if they cancel my August 16 cruise

So you had to pay in full first.  I have to do that pretty soon and then hope they cancel lol.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Nymich said:

So you had to pay in full first.  I have to do that pretty soon and then hope they cancel lol.  

Yes we did have to pay in full for the original cruise. Then we were able to take the offer for next year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I took the deal when my April voyage was cancelled, and rebooked on the October 16th cruise for this year. I fell comfortable sailing in the fall. I was able to book a suite, and get $500 on board credit, for little more out of pocket. And now with the repricing of suites, I got an additional $400 voyage credit.  If they make any more changes, they will be paying me to voyage with them....,

Link to post
Share on other sites

We were booked on Richard's Birthday Bash this year in a central sea terrace - we are now sailing on Richard's Birthday Bash next year in a Cheeky Corner Suite (biggest terrace) - and still have almost  enough credit to take another cruise in a terrace cabin!! We also got $500 on board credit. Hubby isn't great at taking vacation, so even if we don't use the remaining credit we will more than had our money's worth for what we actually paid.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, britincanada said:

We were booked on Richard's Birthday Bash this year in a central sea terrace - we are now sailing on Richard's Birthday Bash next year in a Cheeky Corner Suite (biggest terrace) - and still have almost  enough credit to take another cruise in a terrace cabin!! We also got $500 on board credit. Hubby isn't great at taking vacation, so even if we don't use the remaining credit we will more than had our money's worth for what we actually paid.

 

Awesome! Sounds like you one of this those paid a high price for their initial cruise, which paid off big time with the extra 100% FCC for those that rebooked instead of canceling. I on the other hand are on the other spectrum. I originally booked a single ocean view at a fantastic price, still got the 200% when it was canceled and was able to rebook for a future cruise (canceled again), and now I am rebooked in same category at no additional cost plus a hefty FCC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NameThatFunnel said:

Awesome! Sounds like you one of this those paid a high price for their initial cruise, which paid off big time with the extra 100% FCC for those that rebooked instead of canceling. I on the other hand are on the other spectrum. I originally booked a single ocean view at a fantastic price, still got the 200% when it was canceled and was able to rebook for a future cruise (canceled again), and now I am rebooked in same category at no additional cost plus a hefty FCC.

The prices for Richard's Birthday bash cruise 2021 are also considerably cheaper that what we paid for the 2020 cruise in Oct 2019. Our original cabin is over $1000 less right now. I'm sorry that your cruise was cancelled twice - have  a great time when you finally get to go!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, britincanada said:

We were booked on Richard's Birthday Bash this year in a central sea terrace - we are now sailing on Richard's Birthday Bash next year in a Cheeky Corner Suite (biggest terrace) - and still have almost  enough credit to take another cruise in a terrace cabin!! We also got $500 on board credit. Hubby isn't great at taking vacation, so even if we don't use the remaining credit we will more than had our money's worth for what we actually paid.

 

I didn't see that they scheduled another Birthday Bash next year. We almost went with the Cheeky Corner Suite, but decided to hold with the Sweet Aft Suite. Still the largest balcony we will have ever sailed with. Only Disney Fantasy Aft balcony was larger Here's hoping for a much better 2021.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, creativegenius said:

I didn't see that they scheduled another Birthday Bash next year. We almost went with the Cheeky Corner Suite, but decided to hold with the Sweet Aft Suite. Still the largest balcony we will have ever sailed with. Only Disney Fantasy Aft balcony was larger Here's hoping for a much better 2021.

It isn't listed on the website as Richard's Birthday Bash for next year, but the email sent to people who were booked on it for this year gave the dates for the Birthday Bash in 2021 (July 14-18 2021). We've only been on one cruise - 14 yrs ago and had an oceanview. This is a serious upgrade over that trip!!! Hubby isn't  a huge cruise fan - but he works for Virgin Galactic and after an amazing stay at the Virgin Hotel San Francisco I convinced him to give Virgin Voyages a shot!! Have a great trip!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, britincanada said:

Hubby isn't  a huge cruise fan - but he works for Virgin Galactic and after an amazing stay at the Virgin Hotel San Francisco I convinced him to give Virgin Voyages a shot!! Have a great trip!

Oh wow, I'm seriously jealous. I have been an air and space geek my entire life. I've watched the development of SpaceShip One since it's inception. The new spaceport looks absolutely stunning.  As for the cruising, you've definitely chosen a "different ship.". This will be our 14th cruise on our 7th cruise line. Nothing we have sailed before is like Scarlet Lady. We are still not convinced we will fully embrace what Virgin is doing but you don't know until you try it. The food looks amazing though and that's what ultimately convinced to stay with it and take that upgrade. I really hope your husband likes it. Cruising is our favorite way to travel and unwind. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...