Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keksie

Just back from the Conquest

We drove to Galveston after our wedding and checked into the Harbor House. Our room was the one under the web cam, third floor, facing the dock. We heard the Conquest arrive with all the fog horns but we couldn’t see her because of the fog. After the fog cleared we could see her and also hear when last call for departing passengers was at 10:30. At 11:00 we checked out, walked to the terminal and were on the ship by 11:30. (We were Skipper’s Club). Our room wasn’t ready yet but we could leave our carry-ons and go explore the ship and have lunch at the buffet. Our room was ready by the time we returned and we received our luggage by 3:00. Sail away was delayed because a flight was late so we had to get ready for dinner right after we pulled away from the dock. We had early dining in the Monet dining room. Our table was in the corner overlooking the water. No one else showed up so we had a very romantic table every night. Another table would have us over for coffee and dessert after their sons left so it was great. We had time to ourselves and socializing also. The soups were fantastic every night and we were pleased with our selections each night.

On the sea days we kept busy with many activities and had a great time. We tried Sur Mer, the deli, and the pizza for lunch, and enjoyed all of it. One day they had a nacho station, which we enjoyed also. My husband enjoyed the sushi but it was too close to dinner time for me to try.

In Jamaica we did the Canopy Tour and it was fabulous. Then we went to Margaritaville. I thought the food was not that good and be careful on the water slide. It goes really fast and you can bump your head pretty hard at the end.

In Grand Cayman we booked the Island Jeep Safari from Grand Cayman Cruise Excursions. No one else had booked that day so instead of driving we let the guide drive and got a private tour. Rum Point was beautiful and I enjoyed seeing a lot of the island I hadn’t seen before. Be sure to take small bills to Rum Point because they give change in the local currency. We used ours as part of the driver’s tip.

In Cozumel we went shopping and then went to Paradise Beach. It was choppy that day so the swimming wasn’t that great but we had fun with the kayaks and the food was terrific.

The only complaint we had was that several of the public areas were very cold. Other than that we had a wonderful Honeymoon.

Thanks for your review! We will be honeymooning on the Conquest in April & were really looking forward to the trip!

Glad you had a great honeymoon!