Refunds grinding to a halt?

On 4/3/2020 at 10:31 PM, CarolRoy said:

We also canceled on 3/15 for a cruise departing on 3/27/20 - Grandeur of the Seas.  And we also got the email that our dinner plans for the MTD was canceled.  What gives?

Still nothing and if we don't hear back by Friday we'll call them  Im sure they are swamped  but Friday makes 4 weeks.  Just want to be sure it doesn't fall thru the paperwork.  Have you received yours?

Just now, onthewater51 said:

Still nothing and if we don't hear back by Friday we'll call them  Im sure they are swamped  but Friday makes 4 weeks.  Just want to be sure it doesn't fall thru the paperwork.  Have you received yours?

Yesterday marked 4 weeks since we cancelled under CWC just four days before Royal cancelled the cruise anyhow. 

Have received notification of FCC (second one two weeks ago tomorrow) but still no refund of our cruise planner items, taxes/fees or prepaid gratuities. 

Contacted our agent yesterday to ask about investigating the hold up and was told to be patient. My parents were due to cruise with us and they received both their FCC and refund of taxes/fees and cruise planner items three week ago which is why I'm concerned we've fallen through the cracks. I felt that to ask for a follow-up after four weeks and knowing my parents have been refunded was being patient! 

8 minutes ago, onthewater51 said:

Still no refund.  We canceled on 3/15 for Grandeur cruise for 3/27/20.  I check a few times daily on the credit card and nothing so far.  

I find it strange that when you book a cruise your credit card is billed immediately but when the cruise is cancelled, it takes weeks, or even months, for the same credit card to be credited. When we have unused refundable obc we get that money credited within a day or two. I wonder if that’s covered in the cruise contract?

I called today for a client and was told it would take 30 days from the day you canceled to have the refund processed.  So guessing at least that long

Personally, I am just waiting for my FCC so I can apply it to another cruise I already have booked

Has everyone forgotten Florida (Miami) has a stay-at-home order for non-essential business?

I guess if your point of view revolves around that all corporations are greedy, then there is some nefarious reason RCI doesn't do this in 5 minutes with a press of a button.  2,000 cabin reservations on only one large ship.  Your credit card expired or was stolen (identity theft), and was reissued, or you used a different credit card for the deposit and final payment?

Yes I'm concerned, they owe me $20,000.  Given the state of this emergency I'm willing to cut them some slack.

I do agree however, that a lot this should be automated, but IT departments have to set priorities for cost benefit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kruzerci said:

I cancelled three weeks ago. I got a refund today. Unacceptable how long it took, but it finally came, so it is what it is. 

In past when Hurricanes effected Florida/Cruises it then took 4 weeks get refunds and FCC, this is 10times worse. Members on here said they were told end of April get theirs and this was 2 weeks ago. 

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kruzerci said:

I cancelled three weeks ago. I got a refund today. Unacceptable how long it took, but it finally came, so it is what it is. 

How long is OK?  Should RCI raise their cruise prices to keep dozens of people on the payroll just in case there is a worldwide pandemic?

I'm not trying to dismiss your feelings, but I'm not sure what passengers would find acceptable.

41 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

How long is OK?  Should RCI raise their cruise prices to keep dozens of people on the payroll just in case there is a worldwide pandemic?

I'm not trying to dismiss your feelings, but I'm not sure what passengers would find acceptable.

As a corollary, the state of Florida is way behind in processing unemployment claims.  On Monday the Governor and the head of the Unemployment department said everything thing was hunky-dory since they threw 75 more servers at the problem.  I am think they got them from a different department.  Guess what everything is still not hunky dory, people are still getting kicked out of the system and waiting inordinate amount of time to talk to a real person.

To the poster that steveru621 was responding to...as a tax payer would want your tax dollars pay for servers to sit idle and state employees sit around twiddling their thumbs just in case there is a spike in unemployment claims?

Companies operate the same way.  You get a spike and the normal processes slow down as they work through the additional volume.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 2:11 AM, compman9 said:

The Royal Cheerleaders seem to be a bit quiet on these boards all of a sudden

Revolting behaviour from the cruiseline

You should have a refund the day you cancel - There is absolutely no excuse for them to take 30-90 days to refund you your own money

Lol so very true!