Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
richwmn

The Daily for Saturday Apr 4, 2020

Recommended Posts

today is National Cordon Bleu Day

Stirrip Cay Grand Bahama Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Veendam
Zuiderdam
Volendam
Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Atlantic
Koningsdam east of Brazil destination Christobal Panama eta 4/10

Fort Lauderdale
Rotterdam (with Passengers)
Zaandam (with Passengers)

Puerto Vallarta MX
Eurodam
Maasdam

La Paz Anchorage
Westerdam

At Sea Pacific
Noordam destination San Diego CA eta 4/24
Oosterdam destination Cabo San Lucas eta 4/3

At Sea Indian
Amsterdam destination Durban South Africa eta 4/5

 

How do we feel about Herb Roasted Chicken?

 

 

z-r04a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the today’s fleet report, Rich 🙂 

 

Herb Roasted chicken sounds good 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for today’s report, Rich!
 

Excellent choices for dinner. Herb roasted or cordon bleu both work for me. And I will find a tasty use for leftovers, too. I wonder how chicken salad a la cordon bleu would work?

 

Stay well everyone!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for "The Dailey."   I love roasted chicken with or without herbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the Daily!  Hmm, let's see, I have chicken breasts in the freezer and ham and cheese in the fridge . . . . put them together and I think I know what we're having for dinner!  DH will be happy, I'm sure.  Stay well everyone.

 

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you catch the picture above? "chicken cord on blue"? Hahaha!

 

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily.

Denise and I were up late last night on the Friday Daily chat. The earthquake caused quite a stir in San Diego!

I would rather have an herb roasted chicken than cordon bleu. Spatchcocked and roasted or grilled. Love it.

Allen however, is sick of chicken, so I normally make him a little something else..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha ha ha

Love the picture.

But don't forget - "cordon bleu" means "blue ribbon". 

You can call whatever you make a "blue ribbon" dish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the today’s fleet report, Rich 🙂 

 

Herb Roasted chicken sounds good 🙂 

Good morning Jacqui!

I am making that today for our daughter!

We had Paisley this week while she is getting things packed for her condo so we will go over and drop grand puppy off and surprise her with dinner👍
Denise😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Did you catch the picture above? "chicken cord on blue"? Hahaha!

 

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily.

Denise and I were up late last night on the Friday Daily chat. The earthquake caused quite a stir in San Diego!

I would rather have an herb roasted chicken than cordon bleu. Spatchcocked and roasted or grilled. Love it.

Allen however, is sick of chicken, so I normally make him a little something else..

No rocking or rolling this AM Joy!!!!

Glad we were able to talk last night! Hope your sister in Poway finally relaxed and I was thinking of your niece in Del Mar?

Shawn our daughter called and said that she felt it on her couch!

Have a great Saturday!

Denise😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the report Rich. No earthquakes here. Just snow for the next two days. 
 

Herb roasted chicken sounds great. Then with leftovers maybe chicken Alfredo the next day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't get chicken today but it sure sounds good.

 

Roy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Did you catch the picture above? "chicken cord on blue"? Hahaha!

 

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily.

Denise and I were up late last night on the Friday Daily chat. The earthquake caused quite a stir in San Diego!

I would rather have an herb roasted chicken than cordon bleu. Spatchcocked and roasted or grilled. Love it.

Allen however, is sick of chicken, so I normally make him a little something else..


 

Do NOT ever doubt how much I look forward to your posts, Joy!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, cat shepard said:


 

Do NOT ever doubt how much I look forward to your posts, Joy!  

 

Hey! Good morning Ann! Thanks for thinking of me.

Last week we had an earthquake in Idaho, yesterday was Denise in Cali. See where it goes next week. Seems like Florida though has been hot with many difficult issues.

I'm thankful our dam ships came in. I slept like a baby the last 2 nights!

Have an awesome day ya'll!

Joy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning.  Thanks, Rich, for the report.  We had an earthquake a week ago here, too.  Just up the island from us, but it was only in the 1.2 range, I think.  Evidently it was felt here in Victoria, but I slept through it.  Hope there have not been any aftershocks in California.

 

So, Cordon Bleu is the blue ribbon, which was the prize for a ship making it across the Atlantic the fastest.  I think the Queen Mary won it for a time?  I wonder if that was the chicken they served...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning.  Thanks, Rich, for the report.  We had an earthquake a week ago here, too.  Just up the island from us, but it was only in the 1.2 range, I think.  Evidently it was felt here in Victoria, but I slept through it.  Hope there have not been any aftershocks in California.

 

So, Cordon Bleu is the blue ribbon, which was the prize for a ship making it across the Atlantic the fastest.  I think the Queen Mary won it for a time?  I wonder if that was the chicken they served...

 

Blue Riband, actually, and Queen Mary did hold the record for many years until SS United States won it. 

 

Thanks for the report, Rich. So nice to see no ships with passengers hanging out at sea waiting to get a place to dock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

 

Thanks for the report, Rich. So nice to see no ships with passengers hanging out at sea waiting to get a place to dock. 

I do agree with this statement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for our daily report, Rich. 

How is everyone doing during this crazy time? I'm watching reruns of "The Love Boat" today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

Thanks for our daily report, Rich. 

How is everyone doing during this crazy time? I'm watching reruns of "The Love Boat" today. 

 

Hi Dobiemom. I've been reading The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes. Having a glass of wine and making dinner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a virtual wine social tonight. 🍷

 

During the day I did lots of the gardening. Our oaks have lost their leaves FOUR times! So lots of raking. Good exercise - beautiful weather.
 

And walked Bindi. She does not appreciate that I interject aerobic walking into her “sniff n walk”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...