Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just curious, what OBC does one get for owning, say, 100 shares of NCLH?  Thinking of maybe buying a little stock.  Asked another way, what's the minimum stock ownership needed to get any OBC?

 

And please don't go into how all the stock is going to be wiped out, etc., because of bankruptcy--it's a chance I'm willing to take.  Please just answer the question(s) asked.  Couldn't find it on the NCL website.  Thanks.

 

--Michael

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, numberguy said:

Just curious, what OBC does one get for owning, say, 100 shares of NCLH?  Thinking of maybe buying a little stock.  Asked another way, what's the minimum stock ownership needed to get any OBC?

 

And please don't go into how all the stock is going to be wiped out, etc., because of bankruptcy--it's a chance I'm willing to take.  Please just answer the question(s) asked.  Couldn't find it on the NCL website.  Thanks.

 

--Michael

100 shares is the minimum. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, numberguy said:

Just curious, what OBC does one get for owning, say, 100 shares of NCLH?  Thinking of maybe buying a little stock.  Asked another way, what's the minimum stock ownership needed to get any OBC?

 

And please don't go into how all the stock is going to be wiped out, etc., because of bankruptcy--it's a chance I'm willing to take.  Please just answer the question(s) asked.  Couldn't find it on the NCL website.  Thanks.

 

--Michael

 

 

It's right there on the main page.  Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link "For Investors" in the right column.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, numberguy said:

Just curious, what OBC does one get for owning, say, 100 shares of NCLH?  Thinking of maybe buying a little stock.  Asked another way, what's the minimum stock ownership needed to get any OBC?

 

And please don't go into how all the stock is going to be wiped out, etc., because of bankruptcy--it's a chance I'm willing to take.  Please just answer the question(s) asked.  Couldn't find it on the NCL website.  Thanks.

 

--Michael

$250 OBC cruises 15 days or longer.

$100 OBC cruises 7-14 days.

$50 OBC cruises 6 days or less.

Best wishes to you.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

 

 

It's right there on the main page.  Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link "For Investors" in the right column.

 

Thank you.  Didn't think it would be in that section.  I tried searching the website using the search function and nothing came up.

 

Thank all of you for the information.

 

--Michael

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2020 at 10:06 AM, Petoonya said:

$250 OBC cruises 15 days or longer.

$100 OBC cruises 7-14 days.

$50 OBC cruises 6 days or less.

Best wishes to you.

 

PS- if you are a solo traveler and get a cabin with 0% supplement, you MAY only get 50% of the credit. This has been hit or miss for many of us. It is stated in fine print though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I appreciated knowing the location of the stock information.  I too never would have looked at "For Investors."

 

Reading the fine print - does anyone know (probably too early) if the shareholder OBC is going to be combinable with all the FCC's being given out for cancelled cruises?  "Benefit is not combinable with any other offer" and "additional terms and conditions apply" are often the kiss of death.   Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

After reading this thread last week, I bought 122 shares.  It went up by about $400, and today it went back down.  Still slightly on the plus side.  Was going to sell it this morning after getting the news about the extended shutdown, with the idea that I would buy it back in a couple days, but just left it.  No sports anymore, so the stock market gives me something to "keep score" of.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, marko711 said:

When the credit is approved do you get an email or can you see it on your cruise summary.

 

Hopefully someone will answer this; since I've never used it, I'm curious too.  My experience with Princess many years ago - it was approved, and I had an e-mail confirming it, but when I boarded ship, it was not on my account.  No manner of pleading and proof would make them put it on my account.  I was furious because I wasted a lot of time at purser's desk trying to get it straightened out.  When I got home, I had to spend more time pursuing it, and eventually I received a check in the mail.  My advice would be to bring ALL documentation with you so you can at least initiate a complaint that you can follow up on when you get home.  It did only happen once, but I never forgot it.

 

7 minutes ago, brovol said:

the stock market gives me something to "keep score" of.

 

I agree (not that I'm into sports)!  Years ago I set aside some "play money" and have had so much fun watching it go up (mostly) and down (drastically).  I don't ever look at 401k account - but I do watch my little stock account.  Greatest thing they ever did was get rid of the fee to buy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, marko711 said:

When the credit is approved do you get an email or can you see it on your cruise summary.

It depends.  Usually I get an email with an attachment that confirms the Shareholder amenity.  Sometimes it shows on the cruise summary - I think that just depends on how many extras you have.  Usually it shows in the onboard spending amount.  Seems like every cruise has been different.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, splintz said:

i just booked a cruise for august 2021. this will be the first time as a stock holder.  when should i email the form in.  can i do it now or is it to early? 

Yes way too early.   I wouldn't apply prior to 3 months in advance or later.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

Yes way too early.   I wouldn't apply prior to 3 months in advance or later.   

I respectively disagree.   Once you have your brokerage statement, go ahead and email in the claim form.   Last summer I submitted the form in early June for an end of August cruise.   Barely got the credit in time for that cruise in mid-August.  Now with their reduced staff it may take even longer.   Get the peace of mind you deserve and submit it now.  It will be an extreme hassle to try and get the OBC after the cruise since they nonrefundable OBC.   I believe if your search FB or this site you will hear similar horror stories on how long it took to get the shareholder credit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

Yes way too early.   I wouldn't apply prior to 3 months in advance or later.   

 

Well I just got my credit in just 24 hours for a cruise in September 2021, never too early.

 

I just sent a screen shot of my holding as I always do.

Edited by ziggyuk
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hotspring said:

I respectively disagree.   Once you have your brokerage statement, go ahead and email in the claim form.   Last summer I submitted the form in early June for an end of August cruise.   Barely got the credit in time for that cruise in mid-August.  Now with their reduced staff it may take even longer.   Get the peace of mind you deserve and submit it now.  It will be an extreme hassle to try and get the OBC after the cruise since they nonrefundable OBC.   I believe if your search FB or this site you will hear similar horror stories on how long it took to get the shareholder credit.

Sorry,  but the cruise is August 2021   It is too early.     Ever speculate that the early requests are held back?    I late book almost exclusively-   rarely more than 2 weeks ahead.   And I have been successful with submissions and getting my credits applied.     Since 1-2019 -  25 cruises.     So a basis of trends.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

Sorry,  but the cruise is August 2021   It is too early.     Ever speculate that the early requests are held back?    I late book almost exclusively-   rarely more than 2 weeks ahead.   And I have been successful with submissions and getting my credits applied.     Since 1-2019 -  23 cruises.     So a basis of trends.    

Based on what read and the signficant number of folks that were begging for the Email address of the one person that handles the OBC, I think it is too risky to withhold applying for the OBC.   At the very least you can use it to leverage getting the OBC immediately when you have to complain for the delay when it is not received by early August.  At these stock prices, they likely have an increase of 100 share shareholders that are going to swamp that person with requests as well.

 

 Yes, I agree prior to last year we were getting the OBC within 48 hours after submitting the claim a few weeks before the cruise. Something as changed and with the furloughs and redirection of the staff to the FCC issue, it likely will take longer.   Besides, we run the risk of them discontinuing this voluntary program as other cruiselines are considering.   I thought I read somewhere that it up for renewal every July.   If CCL drops it, then other lines will likely do so as well.   Get it while you can.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Hotspring said:

Get it while you can.

 

Exactly my reasoning for asking now for a Sep 2021 cruise, if they should remove this perk then I already have it in the bag, and as said it only took 24 hours in my case, with a lovely message to enjoy my credit!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I read on this forum somewhere that NCL was discontinuing the credit for stockholders.  I don't know how true.  However, I sent for credit for my May cruise back in January.  Didn't hear anything (usually, I received within a few days).  Called, they advised to resend, which I did in early Feb.  Still no credit.  Cruise has not been cancelled to date, but I am expecting it to be.....however, when I applied for the credit, there should not have been a reason not to grant it.

So, if you are buying the stock for the stockholder credit, you might want to double check it will still be honored!  They may be working it like Royal Caribbean.....you can take the credit or the discounts offered, but not both!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just following up on my question if it was to early to send in for stock holder OBC for a cruise on August 2021. I sent in the form and stock statement last night. This morning I checked my emails and it was approved and there was an attachment showing the summary for the cruise which included the stock holder  OBC Along with the OBC I received when I booked the cruise last week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...