As if there wasn't enough to worry about

Lol endless things to worry about. Someone posted on the carnival boards they heard a carnival exec  say they may require some kind of covid 19 test to board.

I'm actually someone who lost their car 11 years ago when that hurricane hit Galveston 

And I'm worried about doctors note.

Seems the only thing that doesnt worry me is getting the virus. I'd almost rather have it and get it over with and be immune.

I'm a worrier.

When you are born and raised in New Orleans, you learn after many years to take these predictions with a rather large dose of salt as opposed to a grain. The weather people have been wrong as often as they are right.

Those forecasts are so far wrong that it is a wonder anybody bothers to read them.  I suspect the only reason they go out is so that people will take proper precautions (gathering supplies) so if one does hit they are ready.  

1 hour ago, jsf said:

I heard this morning that the prediction is for above normal hurricane action in the Atlantic this season.

Good Grief!

That is normal stuff though. I'll take a cruise that gets completely changed of all its regular ports as long as I am on a cruise and things are normal otherwise. I'll sign up now for a completely changed cruise. Also if hurricanes are disrupting cruises it means the cruise lines are back in business and taking in revenue. They would agree that is a better situation than this total shutdown. 

9 minutes ago, jalves said:

Those forecasts are so far wrong that it is a wonder anybody bothers to read them.  I suspect the only reason they go out is so that people will take proper precautions (gathering supplies) so if one does hit they are ready.  

Gee, I hope nobody gets there first and gets all the toilet paper. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Lol endless things to worry about. Someone posted on the carnival boards they heard a carnival exec  say they may require some kind of covid 19 test to board.

I would almost welcome the test in hopes that I already had it and showed no symptoms.  But, I am not certain that a test could distinguish between past and current infection, and I wouldn’t want to be turned away from a cruise over it.

We had an earthquake on 18 March. Registered a 5.7. We are 65 miles northwest of the epicenter.  No damage at our location but those at the epicenter had substantial damage. Small business there were already hurting do to CV-19. 

3 hours ago, jalves said:

Well, maybe at least everyone will still be supplied with toilet paper! LOL 

Farmers almanac predicted a colder snowier winter. I told hubby no way. I was looking at squirrels and acorns. Which i pointed out to him. Well record breaking NON snow. And a real warm winter. No one can predict the future. Just check out the squirrels tails tho. Better than a glass ball.  

Add me to those who don't believe the"predictions".  They predicted a brutal winter for my region (they always do) and we had one of the mildest winters on record.  It's already green and trees sre blossoming weeks ahead of schedule.

10 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Add me to those who don't believe the"predictions".  They predicted a brutal winter for my region (they always do) and we had one of the mildest winters on record.  It's already green and trees sre blossoming weeks ahead of schedule.

Same here.  Worst winter ever was called for in November. In early January they changed their prediction.