Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Had previously redeemed  150 Fun Points on Panorama for 3/21/19 sail. Cruise was cancelled. Icalled Barclays and explained situation and requested that Fun Points be put back into my account. Was given a case number etc. Yesterday i received  a letter from Barclays advising  me that they could not resolve the request. Looks like I just lost $150.00 dlls. worth of points through no fault of mine. Anyone else had this problem ? Were you able to resolve with Barclays ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Got same letter. Called. Held long time then transferred to someone in Carnival Sales in error. 🤪. Gave up and went back to Barclays website and looked around. Said it will eventually be credited back. Don’t ask me where it was but hope you can find it. If not, I am certain that is what it said. 😎

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also redeemed points for 2 carnival cards and 1 bar cash . I added both on to my cruise. I emailed and called with no luck hearing a response. I did see somewhere on facebook that Barclay will be reimbursing,  but not sure how yet. I plan to keep calling until I get through. I have another cruise booked that I planned on using these cards on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, charliealpha1 said:

Had previously redeemed  150 Fun Points on Panorama for 3/21/19 sail. Cruise was cancelled. Icalled Barclays and explained situation and requested that Fun Points be put back into my account. Was given a case number etc. Yesterday i received  a letter from Barclays advising  me that they could not resolve the request. Looks like I just lost $150.00 dlls. worth of points through no fault of mine. Anyone else had this problem ? Were you able to resolve with Barclays ?

Not sure what you purchased,  but fun points are the same as cash. If you purchased  excursion etc. that $150 will be included in your refund from carnival . So you are not really losing anything , you just cashed them in . However if your refund hits your your Barclays card, they will deduct the double points you earned when you paid your cruise fare . If you rebook , when you pay , you will get them again . It applies to all purchase refunds , not just carnival . 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I inquired with barclay and received  this message:

Hi Nancy, Thank you for reaching out with your concern. For cruises canceled by Carnival due to COVID-19, your FunPoints will be automatically reimbursed to your Carnival credit card account. Due to the high volume of inquiries, you can expect to see your points credited back to your account within 1-2 billing cycles. As such, you do not need to contact Carnival to have your points credited back, as we will be issuing them back to you.

If you have any other inquiries related to this voyage or future voyages, you may contact Carnival directly at 800-227-6482. Representatives are available 24/7. We hope this was helpful! Thank you, ^SR

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, nmstevens said:

I inquired with barclay and received  this message:

Hi Nancy, Thank you for reaching out with your concern. For cruises canceled by Carnival due to COVID-19, your FunPoints will be automatically reimbursed to your Carnival credit card account. Due to the high volume of inquiries, you can expect to see your points credited back to your account within 1-2 billing cycles. As such, you do not need to contact Carnival to have your points credited back, as we will be issuing them back to you.

If you have any other inquiries related to this voyage or future voyages, you may contact Carnival directly at 800-227-6482. Representatives are available 24/7. We hope this was helpful! Thank you, ^SR

Thanks for sharing. I’m wondering how that will work if you opted for a statement credit towards your cruise fare ? I guess I need to contact them also 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having a hard time finding the answer to this question:  My MasterCard statement says I have 21,630 fun points. 

How much is this in dollars?  I have not been able to get through to Barclays to ask anyone.  I would like to use these fun points to purchase items on our next cruise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LittleYiaYia said:

I am having a hard time finding the answer to this question:  My MasterCard statement says I have 21,630 fun points. 

How much is this in dollars?  I have not been able to get through to Barclays to ask anyone.  I would like to use these fun points to purchase items on our next cruise. 

It depends what you are purchasing as the point value . Most purchases would be 1 point in dollars $216.30 if you use the points on your fare and over $1500, the points are worth 1.5 or $324.45 . You would get a statement credit in that amount . If purchase is less than $1500 the point value is $216.30 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks UrbishN

Sorry to be so dense.  Here is what I understand from your post. Let's say I was onboard and purchased a excursion for $300...I would get $216 off the excursion  Right?  Now if I made a purchase for $1600....I would get $324 off the purchase?  Can I use the points to receive a statement credit at final payment?  If so, if I owed less than $1500, I would get $216 in credit and if over $1500 owed I would get $324? 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, LittleYiaYia said:

Thanks UrbishN

Sorry to be so dense.  Here is what I understand from your post. Let's say I was onboard and purchased a excursion for $300...I would get $216 off the excursion  Right?  Now if I made a purchase for $1600....I would get $324 off the purchase?  Can I use the points to receive a statement credit at final payment?  If so, if I owed less than $1500, I would get $216 in credit and if over $1500 owed I would get $324? 

 

 

 

Yes correct . Your points have more value for larger purchases 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you.  I finally found the paperwork that explains all of this.  I am in the process of reading it right now. I have not got to the paragraph where it tells you if the points expire or not. I am thing  "no" .  Hope I am right. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LittleYiaYia said:

Thank you.  I finally found the paperwork that explains all of this.  I am in the process of reading it right now. I have not got to the paragraph where it tells you if the points expire or not. I am thing  "no" .  Hope I am right. 

Good for 5 years 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...