Is the Koningsdam heading back to the Caribbean

rjbean4

9 minutes ago, rjbean4 said:

Actually you will want the Cocoli webcam. This is the new lock on the Pacific side. We wont see her till in the middle chamber.

I've been following her on the Miraflores webcam as she came under the new bridge and then the Pedro Miguel as she passed the lock on her way to the Cocoli locks.   Right now she is just about out of the picture on the Pedro Miguel webcam.

Ann and Roy, you beat me to it.

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser

Ann, the only thing holding her up is the Lica Maresk currently in the middle chamber.  When the water in that middle chamber equalizes so Maresk can leave Koningsdam should soon be able to enter the upper chamber.  Once she descends one level she will be ok to move into the webcam view.

Roy

10 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

So, is that her just showing at the edge of the picture?cocoli00001.thumb.jpg.a26e4567b27a192df73303afbd331c35.jpg

No it isn't as she is now just going into the upper chamber. From the webcam can only see the middle and lower. The upper chamber is too far to the left to see it.

Edited by rjbean4

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

cerro-luisa00001 (1).jpg

This is a stunning view of the difference in width between the old and new canal.  When I sailed on the Eurodam during a partial Panama Canal cruise, I could see from the ship that there was a difference.  But, with a birds-eye view:  what a difference!

1 minute ago, rkacruiser said:

This is a stunning view of the difference in width between the old and new canal.  When I sailed on the Eurodam during a partial Panama Canal cruise, I could see from the ship that there was a difference.  But, with a birds-eye view:  what a difference!

Looks to me like you're comparing a lock on the old canal with a channel in the new one.

Roy

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Looks to me like you're comparing a lock on the old canal with a channel in the new one.

Exactly. Between the Pedro Miguel and Miraflores locks the old channel is wider. Other places they are about the same.