The C.D.C. reverses course on how to get cruise ship passengers home

bluesea321

1 hour ago, commodoredave said:

After the COVID-19 pandemic is over the CDC will remove this order. However, it may introduce some new version that applies to any new outbreak that may occur in future. 

Since this is the first pandemic  of this magnitude  in many years, many changes that have been made to recommendations as it has progressed, will be in place almost immediately in any kind of a major future outbreak.

Edited by npcl
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SY7DNEY CRUISER said:

Four Crew including a Pilot On the Qantas flight from Sydney to Dallas tested positive to covid 19

The flight had about 200 passengers from the ruby  princess who were just let walk off the ship!!!

Air crews  all over are testing positive, cruise ships or not.  400 Southwest crew members have been reported as testing positive, over 100 American Air flight attendants, on and on.  Working on a plane in a pandemic is a hazardous profession.

On 4/7/2020 at 2:10 PM, bluesea321 said:

No I did not say that, I said that others, not your friends, were indeed put on commercial flights, this is a fact.  Quit looking for arguments.

Not looking for arguments just the truth.  Sorry you do not like that.

22 hours ago, npcl said:

Well are you calling those posting on the HAL board that said that they took charters to Atlanta, then switched to commercial flights liars?

You are basically telling bluesea321 that he is incorrect when he said that HAL organized a charter that flew to Atlanta and then  people went commercial from there.

Logically speaking you would need to prove that everyone that flew to Atlanta ended up on charter flights to their destination, not just your friends.  On the other hand all he would need to prove is that at least 1 person that took the charter to Atlanta ended up on commercial flights.

And all I would have to prove is 2 people took a chartered flight from Atlanta to their destination. And I have.

A friend of a friend returned home to Arizona from the Coral Princess yesterday.  She was flown on a Gulfstream 6500 to Arizona and then a limo home.  It would seem to me that a lot more pilots and attendants on these private planes will be exposed this way but there really aren't good alternatives with the virus everywhere.  I'm just hoping this whole mess will be over soon.

22 hours ago, npcl said:

Well are you calling those posting on the HAL board that said that they took charters to Atlanta, then switched to commercial flights liars?

You are basically telling bluesea321 that he is incorrect when he said that HAL organized a charter that flew to Atlanta and then  people went commercial from there.

Logically speaking you would need to prove that everyone that flew to Atlanta ended up on charter flights to their destination, not just your friends.  On the other hand all he would need to prove is that at least 1 person that took the charter to Atlanta ended up on commercial flights.

29 minutes ago, Potstech said:

And all I would have to prove is 2 people took a chartered flight from Atlanta to their destination. And I have.

You clearly do not understand the logic of what npcl posted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, npcl said:

Since this is the first pandemic  of this magnitude  in many years, many changes that have been made to recommendations as it has progressed, will be in place almost immediately in any kind of a major future outbreak.

I agree. But at least they will be prepared for the next outbreak and the response will be much faster.

2 hours ago, Potstech said:

No, that only proves that some people took charters, but it does not prove that NO ONE took commercial flights which is what you are saying, right? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SY7DNEY CRUISER said:

Four Crew including a Pilot On the Qantas flight from Sydney to Dallas tested positive to covid 19

The flight had about 200 passengers from the ruby  princess who were just let walk off the ship!!!

How soon after the flight were the crew tested?

I read this from a website called LoyaltyLobby.

It says there is a new advisory from the CDC that cruise ship passengers and crew who disembark in the U.S. will no longer be able to board a domestic commercial flight directly after the sailing.

Cruise ship passengers are advised that they have to undergo a 14-day quarantine before being allowed on any commercial flight, until then only private charter flights are permitted.

This affects passengers with and without any symptoms of sickness, the sole fact that they have been on the ships is sufficient to ban them from regular flights.

It then goes on for new regulations for cruise companies.

LoyaltyLobby's conclusion is that this "rule will be impossible to accomplish. It will be very hard to  identify passengers who take commercial flights regardless of this rule, especially if they are booking on their own. In what way passengers are liable and subject to prosecution for such actions is something they should consult an attorney for in advance."

Has anyone else heard about these new rules? How long do you think this rule will be in effect for?

Any thoughts?

Arlene

1 hour ago, moodyb1 said:

I read this from a website called LoyaltyLobby.

It says there is a new advisory from the CDC that cruise ship passengers and crew who disembark in the U.S. will no longer be able to board a domestic commercial flight directly after the sailing.

Cruise ship passengers are advised that they have to undergo a 14-day quarantine before being allowed on any commercial flight, until then only private charter flights are permitted.

This affects passengers with and without any symptoms of sickness, the sole fact that they have been on the ships is sufficient to ban them from regular flights.

It then goes on for new regulations for cruise companies.

LoyaltyLobby's conclusion is that this "rule will be impossible to accomplish. It will be very hard to  identify passengers who take commercial flights regardless of this rule, especially if they are booking on their own. In what way passengers are liable and subject to prosecution for such actions is something they should consult an attorney for in advance."

Has anyone else heard about these new rules? How long do you think this rule will be in effect for?

Any thoughts?

Arlene

The way this is enforced (Coral Princes) is that passengers are not let off the ship, until their charter flight is arranged, including a private car from the airport the charter takes them to, to their home. The passengers do not mix with the public portion of any airport.

• Like 1