Crystal still hasn't processed my 5 figure refund from a cancellation in February

1 minute ago, sandbag7 said:

Our March 1 Sydney to Singapore cruise was cancelled on February 26; I received my deposit and final payment refunds posted to my credit cards over the weekend; you should look for yours.

Good to know!  And just under the 90 day mark.  You must feel relieved. 

We received most of ours 10 days ago but are still missing just under $1000 credit. Called Crystal they said it was processed but haven't seen it yet. They didn't know why that amount was separated from the rest of our deposit and final payment. I was going to post "hallelujah"once we got it all back but this was pretty close.

Has anyone received the $500 PP air consideration yet?

54 minutes ago, socrafty said:

We received most of ours 10 days ago but are still missing just under $1000 credit. Called Crystal they said it was processed but haven't seen it yet. They didn't know why that amount was separated from the rest of our deposit and final payment.

Did you by any chance pay using multiple credit cards? If so perhaps the banks process at different speeds?

26 minutes ago, socrafty said:

Interestingly, I did use 2 credit cards and got refunded on both but less the missing amount on one of them!

Thanks

I thought I was onto something but it looks like “close but no cigar”

I was interested in that theory as my refunds will also fit that profile of multiple cards 

On 5/19/2020 at 2:13 PM, socrafty said:

Has anyone received the $500 PP air consideration yet?

We passed the 90-day mark today and have not received the $500 pp air consideration.  I understand these credits are being handled by Guest Relations and the amount will be sent by cheque.  GR confirmed our mailing address over 3 weeks ago so it seems we're in the system.  On the positive side, FedEx delivered the 30th Anniversary Cookbook today.  I scoured every nook of the shipping box to see if the cheque was inside, but it wasn't.

On 5/12/2020 at 11:05 AM, chitown84 said:

Keeping our fingers crossed here as well. Our voyage from Singapore to Mumbai in March was cancelled on 2/26. I think we're about 75 days out now, and still haven't received anything. 😔

Just another data point - we're 86 days out now from when our cancellation is. 90 days would be Tuesday on our end to receive a refund. Pinged Crystal - and they told us that our refund wasn't put into queue until April 3rd (our cruise was cancelled 2/26). They told us that the refund can take up to 90 days from when it was put into the queue, NOT cancelled. A little confused now.

So far as I know, since they’ve been quoting 90 days, the policy has always been 90 days from the date the refund was REQUESTED by your agent.  The refunds are not automatic, as you have options so the 90 day count started when the request entered the processing queue.

My frame of reference there is what I’ve read in the various notices though, so I defer to anyone that received a contradictory message from Crystal saying otherwise.

Vince

Edited by BWIVince
1 hour ago, BWIVince said:

So far as I know, since they’ve been quoting 90 days, the policy has always been 90 days from the date the refund was REQUESTED by your agent.  The refunds are not automatic, as you have options so the 90 day count started when the request entered the processing queue.

My frame of reference there is what I’ve read in the various notices though, so I defer to anyone that received a contradictory message from Crystal saying otherwise.

Vince

Thank you for the quick reply and thoughts Vince, much appreciated! Our request was submitted on 2/28. We didn't really have any options (ours was just a refund + 25% FCC).

1 hour ago, chitown84 said:

Thank you for the quick reply and thoughts Vince, much appreciated! Our request was submitted on 2/28. We didn't really have any options (ours was just a refund + 25% FCC).

My pleasure — sorry I misunderstood your message, I thought Crystal was saying the April 3rd date was the date they received the request and started the refund.  It looks like you should be seeing something show up from Crystal soon, depending on your bank.  

If you reach the 90 day mark, just follow up with them again to confirm they sent it.  If it’s a credit card refund, there are several reasons you either may or may not see a “pending” credit immediately when Crystal submits it, and as seen in other messages here it can sometimes be weeks for the bank to post the credit once it’s received by them from Crystal.

Vince

Edited by BWIVince

As I rapidly approach the 90 day mark with not a peep from Crystal, my patience is starting to wear thin and my irritation level is rising.  I have tried to wait patiently as instructed, but it is getting more difficult.  I think that there are probably others in the same position, and I would really like to see the refund wait times in tabular form. 

I just started another thread where I will maintain a spreadsheet logging the refund request (and receipt dates, when known) for everyone who wants to participate, as I mentioned before (post #189).  I would like to have some data from as many as would like to participate.  Please check it out at:

I started the spreadsheet with what I could glean from this thread.  Many of the entries do not have all of the dates, and perhaps some have their refunds by now.  If you see your info in the spreadsheet, please post an update on the new thread to fill in the gaps.  If for any reason you do not want your data included, just let me know and I will remove it.

It would be helpful to have the actual date your cruise was set to sail, because it might be that Crystal is processing refunds by the sail date instead of the refund request date, and that would help us see if that is happening.  (We recently noticed that to be the case for Regent refunds.)

It would also be helpful if everyone would continue to use this thread for general discussion of this topic and editorial remarks, and leave the new thread for data entries and updates only. 

Thank you!

Edited by SusieQft

When I try and access the spreadsheet I get a message that I must request access. This sort of defeats one of the expressed purposes of the exercise. Any way to fix this?

Edited by Roland4
2 hours ago, Roland4 said:

When I try and access the spreadsheet I get a message that I must request access. This sort of defeats one of the expressed purposes of the exercise. Any way to fix this?

Thank you for the heads up.  I had forgotten to change a setting to make it so anyone can view.  It should work now,  but you do have to log into your Google account when requested (unless you are already logged into it). 

On 5/22/2020 at 4:27 PM, BWIVince said:

My pleasure — sorry I misunderstood your message, I thought Crystal was saying the April 3rd date was the date they received the request and started the refund.  It looks like you should be seeing something show up from Crystal soon, depending on your bank.  

If you reach the 90 day mark, just follow up with them again to confirm they sent it.  If it’s a credit card refund, there are several reasons you either may or may not see a “pending” credit immediately when Crystal submits it, and as seen in other messages here it can sometimes be weeks for the bank to post the credit once it’s received by them from Crystal.

Vince

Just an update on this. Our 90 days passed and we have not received our refund, nor has it been sent from Crystal. Our agent followed up with Crystal and got the answer that "things are moving much slower than ever anticipated." Whoever he talked too is awaiting an update form their accounting department. This is the information that was relayed to us today.

8 minutes ago, chitown84 said:

Just an update on this. Our 90 days passed and we have not received our refund, nor has it been sent from Crystal. Our agent followed up with Crystal and got the answer that "things are moving much slower than ever anticipated." Whoever he talked too is awaiting an update form their accounting department. This is the information that was relayed to us today.

Not good. There was the hope that 90 days, which is a long time already, was going to be the maximum.

Ivi

Found out from Crystal that they are working on cancellations from March now.  They are working on the cancellations they received March 1 - March 15.  The res agent also said that he is seeing 10 weeks for the refund and they are still saying up to 90 days.  I passed 10 weeks so it looks like I have to wait for them to start on March 16-March 31.  I think a lot of us are in the March 16 - March 31 when we cancelled,

11 minutes ago, cruisr said:

Found out from Crystal that they are working on cancellations from March now.  They are working on the cancellations they received March 1 - March 15.  The res agent also said that he is seeing 10 weeks for the refund and they are still saying up to 90 days.  I passed 10 weeks so it looks like I have to wait for them to start on March 16-March 31.  I think a lot of us are in the March 16 - March 31 when we cancelled,

So they are going in the order the refund request was received?  Not in the order of sailing date (which is what Regent is doing)?  The former certainly makes more sense from a fairness point of view.

18 hours ago, SusieQft said:

So they are going in the order the refund request was received?  Not in the order of sailing date (which is what Regent is doing)?  The former certainly makes more sense from a fairness point of view.

It also makes sense to do it that way if they are planning to honor their 90 day promise of refunds (although when I look on your spreadsheet, that may not be occurring already- unless money has been refunded to the credit cards of those people, but not released to the passengers yet, as Vince has pointed out.)

2 hours ago, PaulCG said:

My cancellation email with no action required was February 21st and no refund so far. So crystal have not finished February refunds. 

That puts them over 90 days. Have you contacted Crystal about it?

Edited by Benita
Typo
5 hours ago, BookLover102 said:

I am sorry to have not updated, was zenning out. We received our refund about 3 weeks ago. 

So you roll in here, start this thread with 4 or 5 posts in a day, go silent, and then can't be bothered to tell us you received your refund within the 90 day timeframe?  That is so...unsurprising.