Crystal still hasn't processed my 5 figure refund from a cancellation in February

10 hours ago, MightyQuinn said:

Their apparent crisis communication strategy of duck and cover will likely cost them in future corporate trust. 

From you perhaps, but not from me.

Maybe some folks should try putting themselves on the other side of the table.  Then make your own assessment of the situation.  It's amazing how things can appear so much different once you take your own personal interest out of the picture and become a separated third party observer.

45 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

From you perhaps, but not from me.

Maybe some folks should try putting themselves on the other side of the table.  Then make your own assessment of the situation.  It's amazing how things can appear so much different once you take your own personal interest out of the picture and become a separated third party observer.

I do see Crystal's side of the table and I acknowledge they're facing a difficult situation.  If there was any doubt, we're being asked time and again here to see things from their perspective.  But I'm sitting on the other side of the table.  I'm not some separate third-party observer who doesn't have any skin in the game.  My perspective is equally valid.  Maybe those who only see things from Crystal's side should imagine how they'd feel if they were in the middle of this mess. 

And yes, this whole episode has tainted how I now look at Crystal.  We really enjoy the Crystal product and have future bookings on both river and ocean.  But I'm more clear-eyed about their true attitude and commitment towards their valued guests.  Actions speak louder than words.

11 hours ago, MightyQuinn said:

Their apparent crisis communication strategy of duck and cover will likely cost them in future corporate trust. 

I agree. Actually it is in times of crisis when you get to know the others. Trust is not easy to recover.

I am quite optimistic and I still hope that Crystal will not let their passengers down, however for what we are seeing on these boards since the pandemia started, Crystal management does not invest much in public relations. It has given way too much room for speculation and fears and not being able to meet their own target (max. 90 days) and just not answering calls or emails doest not help to build trust.

Ivi

Our May 31 cruise was cancelled on April 2, still no refund.

We had a trip with Gate 1 that was cancelled on June 3. Refund was posted on June 8.

I'm wondering why Gate 1 that also had all tours cancelled for the next 3 months, can issue a refund in less than a week, and Crystal no refund after over 2 months?

Very disappointing.

On 6/9/2020 at 6:12 PM, swanheaven said:

91 days and still no credit, and no contact at all.  Very worried at this point!  Any new information?  Thanks

If you booked with a CC you should file a dispute with the card as the promised 90 days have passed.

Update- no credit at 100 days. Three phone followups and three emails. Friday I was told via phone that because I am over 90 days they called down to accounting to release funds and will receive credit by NEXT week Friday.

During this process I have been lied to three times( they didn't bother to respond on the other three).

Dispute gets filed next week because Crystal lies to their customers! I still can't believe that they have behaved so poorly compared to the other 3 cruise lines I had bookings with!

Looking at comparative accounts posted here on CC, Crystal is doing a poor job in processing refunds and meeting their own deadlines.  This is a luxury brand with staunchly loyal guests who expect premium service and honest communication.  We expect Crystal to honor their commitment on refunds and be forthright if they fail.  That's not happening as the Refund Roll Call (tip of the hat to SusieQ) attests. 

This is no longer about covid-19, unprecedented times, staff working from home, lay-offs, manual processing or whatever other explanation is offered.  This is about holding onto cash as long as possible and using funds of valued guests to satisfy other obligations.  How long can this continue?  How long will loyal guests accept this mediocrity?  Crystal may be underestimating that the double-edge sword of loyalty could start swinging back at them soon. 

Adding another voice to the chorus as now we are a bit over 90 days waiting for our refund.  Our travel agent has been making inquiries for us and reports back that they are still processing and to give them another week.     Although I'm certainly sympathetic to their cause, they are by no means alone and other companies are processing refunds at a faster rate.  This certainly  does not make me inclined to book a further cruise on Crystal.  Communication and follow up has been sub-par.

Edited by morneau
grammar

Hello Crystal, are you reading what the clients are saying? You must be in a very poor shape to take so much criticism and do nothing to correct the bad impression you are giving. It is becoming a vicious circle: Crystal cannot refund because it does not have enough cash and clients do not book further or are cancelling because Crystal does not refund. Crystal show us you are refunding and we will start booking.

Ivi

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

Hello Crystal, are you reading what the clients are saying? You must be in a very poor shape to take so much criticism and do nothing to correct the bad impression you are giving. It is becoming a vicious circle: Crystal cannot refund because it does not have enough cash and clients do not book further or are cancelling because Crystal does not refund. Crystal show us you are refunding and we will start booking.

Ivi

Is anybody else infuriated by the e-mails from Crystal about cooking or performances e.g., Sunday Cooking with Chef Jon Ashton: British Scones with Lemon & Vanilla Curd or Crystal@Home: Friday Nights at the Galaxy, Tonight at 6PM EST, and various other forms of BS? Who gives a you know what, Crystal. You owe people money. Every time I get one of these I want to throw a brick through my PC and I'm only a couple of weeks into the 90 days.

13 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

Actually, I kind of like the Crystal@Home offerings.  But yes, they do need to pay more attention to the refunds.  Mine is at 94 days.

I'm enjoying Crystal@Home as well.

Interesting, Crystal Cruises has their Verified spokesperson (not just a regular poster) post an update and information on the thread questioning Coronavirus on Crystal ships, yet not a post on the two threads on here about refunds.

They are selling cruises for September on at very discounted prices and getting takers.  Can they use that money to pay refunds to others?  I truly don’t know.  Do deposits/full payments just go into an operating fund and they can pay whatever needs to be paid from that?

Am at day 90 today. If phone call to Crystal tomorrow is not satisfactory, guess I will have to go the credit card dispute route. I have never had to do this before. Oceania, Regent, and Viking cruise lines, as well as Southwest Airlines and Delta kept their promises. 

On 6/10/2020 at 4:28 PM, TER777 said:

One couple booked on 4/23/20 Symphony, received their refund today 6/10, posting date 6/8. 

Other couple reports receiving their refund as well. Thus 4 out of the 5 bookings on this cruise have been refunded so far.

24 minutes ago, TER777 said:

Other couple reports receiving their refund as well. Thus 4 out of the 5 bookings on this cruise have been refunded so far.

So why not you?  Seems odd, does it not?

14 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

Everyone except you?

10 minutes ago, cruisr said:

So why not you?  Seems odd, does it not?

Yes, everyone but me. Why not me? It may be because I inquired via my TA if I could transfer the funds to another cruise instead of receiving a refund. As far as I know, that has not been done yet either. Or it may be because alphabetically t I'm last, or I booked the lowest cabin category, or ....

54 minutes ago, TER777 said:

It may be because I inquired via my TA if I could transfer the funds to another cruise instead of receiving a refund. As far as I know, that has not been done yet either.

Why would it not have been done?  If you applied your full refund, then of course you would not be seeing anything on your credit card.  Or are you still expecting a cash refund of part of it?  If you are not expecting a cash refund, I should take you off the spreadsheet since it is tracking cash refunds.

I applied about 60% of my pending cash refund to a future booking.  Within 5 days of making the request of my TA, I had an updated booking confirmation and an updated payment confirmation for the future booking, showing that my refund had been applied.  This was over 5 weeks after the initial cancellation, at a time when Crystal was being very slow unresponsive to my TA.  Under normal conditions, I would expect that response within a day.

If you did not get any such confirmations, you should check with your TA and find out why not.  

You asked who is doing a great job returning funds from cancelled cruises- Oceania,Regent, Viking and Holland America. Very pleased, they did exactly what should of been done!

Crystal feels like they are playing a Ponzi scheme- offer discounted future cruises and capture funds so that they can pay a Stiff like me!