Crystal still hasn't processed my 5 figure refund from a cancellation in February

On 7/20/2020 at 3:03 PM, rwadam said:

I was informed today “it will take a few more weeks” and I’m at day 106.  To Keith and all the Crystal apologists out there, I will never ever cruise on Crystal again and will tell anyone who asks to avoid Crystal at all costs unless you don’t care about your money.

Ha, you can be sure that these folks received their refunds very promptly. 

18 hours ago, bigjer said:

Ha, you can be sure that these folks received their refunds very promptly. 

Actually you are completely wrong.

I have been avoiding reading any threads having to do with refunds.

If not for a friend who gave me a heads up on this one I would never have seen it.  Oh then conspiracy theorists could speculate that I didn't respond because I got a refund.

Well I have not received one refund yet.

Everyone who cancelled and is awaiting a refund is standing in the same line.  

People should worry about themselves and not speculate when they don't know what they are talking about.

@Keith1010I agree with you. I guess when it comes to money, it reveals the worst out of otherwise normal and nice people. I'm sure we are all in the same boat. Personally I have absolutely no reason to believe that anyone gets preferred treatment in this unpleasant situation.

For what it's worth, I'm very grateful to Keith for all the help and advice I got from him. People tend to have short memory, but I like give credit when someone deserves it.

9 hours ago, ak1004 said:

@Keith1010I agree with you. I guess when it comes to money, it reveals the worst out of otherwise normal and nice people. I'm sure we are all in the same boat. Personally I have absolutely no reason to believe that anyone gets preferred treatment in this unpleasant situation.

For what it's worth, I'm very grateful to Keith for all the help and advice I got from him. People tend to have short memory, but I like give credit when someone deserves it.

Well I hope many people continue to book with Crystal so they can rob from Peter to pay Paul and issue refunds to those of us who have been waiting months

26 minutes ago, rwadam said:

Well I hope many people continue to book with Crystal so they can rob from Peter to pay Paul and issue refunds to those of us who have been waiting months

Wait a minute - my first name is Paul and my middle name is Peter.

How is this scheme going to help anyone else?  😀😀

Edited by Paulchili
47 minutes ago, rwadam said:

So now they have the “no deposit for 90 days” option under Book with Confidence what are you going to claim they’re up to? 

On 7/20/2020 at 2:03 PM, rwadam said:

I was informed today “it will take a few more weeks” and I’m at day 106.  To Keith and all the Crystal apologists out there, I will never ever cruise on Crystal again and will tell anyone who asks to avoid Crystal at all costs unless you don’t care about your money.

Another post I would not have seen if I hadn't gotten a heads up from a friend that my name has been mentioned (in vein). 

I think those who post on CC care about their money too.  I don't see anyone apologizing.  While you might not be happy with Crystal no need to call-out others.  

When the time is right and we get back to cruising my wife and I  plan to cruise with the cruise line we I enjoy the most; Crystal Cruises.

On 7/22/2020 at 12:10 PM, Paulchili said:

There seems to be very little doubt from my readings and personal experiences that Crystal is at the very bottom of this list of shame.

Nope, Ponant is far worse, they will actively fight you on credit card disputes and insist on FCCs even though their contract says otherwise.  Crystal did not fight my credit card dispute.  Cunard also did not respond to the credit card dispute.  Crystal is just slow.

13 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

So now they have the “no deposit for 90 days” option under Book with Confidence what are you going to claim they’re up to? 

I do not know how bankruptcy or reorganization works but would their balance sheets look better with lots of bookings for 2021, even if they don’t have money on them?

1 minute ago, ctjon said:

Assume this is in another thread somewhere but there was a email yesterday from Crystal president about slowness of refunds

I think that the CEO message to which you refer was from April, not yesterday.  It was reposted this week by a CC member.

10 minutes ago, ctjon said:

Assume this is in another thread somewhere but there was a email yesterday from Crystal president about slowness of refunds

You are correct.  This is on the Crystal Cruises website and was updated on July 23.

Keith

ADVISORY ALERT: PROCESSING OF REFUNDS

• Processing & Issuance of Cruise Refunds

UPDATED Thursday, July 23, 2020 1pm EST 

We recognize and understand your frustration as it relates to the processing of your refund. We ask for your patience that, given the voluntary suspension of cruise operations across our entire fleet, we are receiving an unprecedented number of claims that need to be processed individually. This is a manual process and, where our reservation and payment systems can handle a normal refund environment efficiently and smoothly, they were not designed to handle this volume in such a short period of time. All credit card processors are in a similar place and are affected by the sheer volume of refunds, which is further constraining the process and causing delays on their end as well.

To date, Crystal has processed tens of millions of dollars in refunds and we continue working through our queue to address each guest’s claim in the order it is received. We recognize that in quite a few cases, we have not been able to meet our original good faith estimate in March of up to 90 days and we sincerely apologize for this and ask for your understanding.  Due to the sheer volume of voluntary cancellations across the fleet and the number of refunds to be issued, which is hitting its peak this summer, we are now projecting a minimum of 90 days for refunds through the summer.

Crystal has always been committed to honoring its contractual obligations with guests and partners, including the processing of refunds. We have the support of our parent company, Genting Hong Kong, and we are working together to improve the refund process. Because Crystal is a privately held company, you may not read about our positions or financials in the news as with larger lines, but we have undertaken the necessary measures to reduce overhead, without impacting future guest experience, all the while updating our procedures to continue to operate at a six-star level post COVID-19. These measures are allowing us to be nimble and strengthened to not only weather the COVID-19 pandemic, but to emerge, when the time is right, as an improved luxury line ready to serve our guests and partners as we have for the past 30 years. As the advice and directives surrounding COVID-19 evolve, our fleet is uniquely positioned to respond quickly to relaunch at the appropriate time.

If you booked with a professional travel advisor, please be assured that he or she is closely monitoring the status of your booking and refund on your behalf. We want to thank them for their support as they are champions for both you and us.

3 hours ago, resistk said:

Nope, Ponant is far worse, they will actively fight you on credit card disputes and insist on FCCs even though their contract says otherwise.  Crystal did not fight my credit card dispute.  Cunard also did not respond to the credit card dispute.  Crystal is just slow.

That may well be.

I have dealt with 5 different lines during this time (Viking, American cruise line, Seabourn, Crystal & Oceania) and of those 5 Crystal is the worst by far.

I guess I am lucky I didn't have to deal with Ponant or Cunard.

I visited Crystal's website today and it opened with this form.   I had not been aware of it, so it may be new info to others as well.

Refund Request Form

Please complete this form in its entirety. All fields are required. Once the form is submitted, please allow a minimum of 90 days for the refund request to be processed.

Edited by Jim9310

As the initial cancellations occurred in March, April and May, based on reading here and my personal experience, and that there hasn’t been a rush to make new bookings, why is it taking Crystal this long?  Surely the amount of refunds being requested are much less than in the first three months.  Are a multitude of people cancelling 2021 sailings and they are refunding deposits.  None of the US sailings were full for October/November and only had $100.00 pp deposits.  The backlog cannot be as huge as it was and so I wonder how they are still trying to get away with and extra 90 days.

Seabourn and HAL asked their Presidents to “retire” as they were not handling the situation correctly.  Solutions start at the top.  Mr. Wolber should be asked to retire.  Stop spending money on cooking videos, cookbooks and other stuff.  Pay people back their money.

Genting is not doing well and one wonders how much time they will give Crystal before abandoning ship.

3 hours ago, Jim9310 said:

I visited Crystal's website today and it opened with this form.   I had not been aware of it, so it may be new info to others as well.

Refund Request Form

Please complete this form in its entirety. All fields are required. Once the form is submitted, please allow a minimum of 90 days for the refund request to be processed.

I suspect it is related to the paragraph right before this form:

Note: Credits will be posted to guests' profile as of August 4, 2020. If guests are unable to redeem their Credits by December 31, 2023, they may request a refund of the original cruise fare paid.

Today would be my 120 day with no refund.

Good thing that I already disputed my deposit transaction with cc and got a temp refund posted in just 2 business days. 

A theoretical question.

I cancelled my Jan 21 cruise and had to pay the $400 administrative/cancellation fee.

If Crystal eventually cancels the cruise can I get that fee back either from Crystal or via a CC dispute?

1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

A theoretical question.

I cancelled my Jan 21 cruise and had to pay the $400 administrative/cancellation fee.

If Crystal eventually cancels the cruise can I get that fee back either from Crystal or via a CC dispute?

No.  If you had waited for Crystal to cancel (and that probably meant you had to make final payment first) then you''d get the admin fee refunded as an FCC.  Even if Crystal cancels after you cancelled, you are out of luck.  My understanding is credit card disputes automatically eliminate the goodwill gesture of FCCs.

Edited by crickette