Crystal still hasn't processed my 5 figure refund from a cancellation in February

19 minutes ago, crickette said:

No.  If you had waited for Crystal to cancel (and that probably meant you had to make final payment first) then you''d get the admin fee refunded as an FCC.  Even if Crystal cancels after you cancelled, you are out of luck.  My understanding is credit card disputes automatically eliminate the goodwill gesture of FCCs.

You are most likely correct but I may give it a try when the time comes.

1 hour ago, crickette said:

No.  If you had waited for Crystal to cancel (and that probably meant you had to make final payment first) then you''d get the admin fee refunded as an FCC.  Even if Crystal cancels after you cancelled, you are out of luck.  My understanding is credit card disputes automatically eliminate the goodwill gesture of FCCs.

It is my understanding that you get the admin fee back as an FCC even if you cancel before Crystal does and/or before final payment.  It has worked that way for me in the past before final payment ,and my TA told me that the fully paid January booking I just cancelled will also have an FCC in the amount of the admin penalty.

I was not aware that filing a credit card dispute nullified the FCC for the admin penalty.  Does anyone have personal experience with this one way or the other?

Like in questions about air travel cancellations, it depends on who does the cancelling.  The traveler or the travel provider.   Some view this as a gigantic game of Chicken - who will blink first.

Just remember....it all comes down to the details of each and every situation.

On 7/23/2020 at 6:03 PM, Stickman1990 said:

So now they have the “no deposit for 90 days” option under Book with Confidence what are you going to claim they’re up to? 

Announcing that it’ll be at least 180 days?

• 1 month later...

There are no posts for two months.

Does it mean that all refunds were issued?

I cancelled months before Crystal cancelled.

After over 100+ days I filed a dispute and Crystal reacted a week later with a refund minus the admin fee.

I asked Crystal about  the admin fee and Crystal offered it as FCC.

Edited by Sdancer

Saw this today, report published by The Points Guy:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tips/170-days-and-counting-cruisers-cry-foul-as-crystal-cruises-refunds-fail-to-arrive

The fact that a major travel insurer won't cover Crystal (and others) is a bad sign.  I like Windstar but they are apparently also having financial troubles of a major sort. 

4 hours ago, Sdancer said:

There are no posts for two months.

Does it mean that all refunds were issued?

I cancelled months before Crystal cancelled.

After over 100+ days I filed a dispute and Crystal reacted a week later with a refund minus the admin fee.

I asked Crystal about  the admin fee and Crystal offered it as FCC.

You are on the wrong thread. Check the Refunds Rollcall thread for the most current info.

Winegirl - I tried the link you posted and didn't get anything. That might be only part of the link. I searched TPG and found the rest of the link and posted it here.

An updated article from "The Points Guy."

https://thepointsguy.com/news/cruise-lines-slow-on-refunds/?utm_source=TPG Daily Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1553418&utm_usr=5df6756969617ace0b27973102c19518c44478611b3b78877fec8a4dc9369e3a&utm_msg=0e5eacb31a6e4b88909c4512958303c4&utm_date=2020-09-24

Edited by sasejm
  • 3 weeks later...

Crystal cancelled my Xmas cruise sailing on December 21, on August 1.  They told me 90 days for refund - far longer than Silversea. Checked with TA today. Crystal said it took them two weeks to process paperwork so cannot expect refund until mid November, which is disgraceful. Any river cruises in future will not be with Crystal.

15 hours ago, wren2 said:

Crystal cancelled my Xmas cruise sailing on December 21, on August 1.  They told me 90 days for refund - far longer than Silversea. Checked with TA today. Crystal said it took them two weeks to process paperwork so cannot expect refund until mid November, which is disgraceful. Any river cruises in future will not be with Crystal.

I was scheduled to take my parents on Crystal Bach in July, and it was cancelled.  While my refund may be taking some time I will still book them again.  I have enjoyed their river cruises tremendously and my travel agent said AMA, Scenic and Uniworld are only giving their passengers future cruise credits.  I honestly didn't believe her, but I checked websites and its true.  

5 hours ago, NJCruiserBoy said:

I was scheduled to take my parents on Crystal Bach in July, and it was cancelled.  While my refund may be taking some time I will still book them again.  I have enjoyed their river cruises tremendously and my travel agent said AMA, Scenic and Uniworld are only giving their passengers future cruise credits.  I honestly didn't believe her, but I checked websites and its true.  

MSC cruises is also since some months ago only allowing rebooking for another cruises. They give some benefits for the rebooking but the time limit for the new cruise is until end of 2021.

Many airlines also are only giving vouchers.

Ivi

• 3 weeks later...
  • The latest from the Head or reservations for Crystal is that they process refunds in chronological order and are currently working on April refund requests.  My cruise can elles August 1 and refund request filed then.  Was told 90 days, then another two weeks. Who knows when or if I will receive my refund? I am a U.K. client.
1 hour ago, wren2 said:
  • The latest from the Head or reservations for Crystal is that they process refunds in chronological order and are currently working on April refund requests. 

I’m sorry but you have been misled - that is simply and categorically not the case. As an example I have a refund that was requested in March that is still outstanding - so if what you were told was correct I should have received it by now - but I haven’t 

I’m sure others will post their experiences and I don’t mean to disappoint you but better to have the facts so your expectations are correct

3 hours ago, wren2 said:
  • The latest from the Head or reservations for Crystal is that they process refunds in chronological order and are currently working on April refund requests.  My cruise can elles August 1 and refund request filed then.  Was told 90 days, then another two weeks. Who knows when or if I will receive my refund? I am a U.K. client.

I live in the US.  Crystal confirmed my refund request in mid-March (221 days ago), and payment is still pending.  These days, it seems to be necessary to file a credit card complaint.  I didn't do that in time.

Edited by Jim9310
  • 2 weeks later...

No refund yet.  Ours is for the deposit of $3800.  Disgraceful.  Very frustrating.  We call and have our travel agent call every month.  We had a deposit on Norwegian airlines, and they are supposedly in trouble, but sent it back very quickly.  If anyone has any sugggestions I truly appreciate it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2020 at 1:04 PM, Boardwalkfun said:

No refund yet.  Ours is for the deposit of $3800.  Disgraceful.  Very frustrating.  We call and have our travel agent call every month.  We had a deposit on Norwegian airlines, and they are supposedly in trouble, but sent it back very quickly.  If anyone has any sugggestions I truly appreciate it. 

Contact your credit card ASAP and see if you can dispute it. It depends on your card and when your deposit was placed. Some cards seem to be more helpful.