APRIL 6 REFUND THREAD: Have you received your refund?

edl868

7 hours ago, Jamiecruises12 said:

Thanks Donna!  That info helps.  I'll keep an eye out for a new card in the mail.

I just got a gift card today  (as a partial refund on a March sailing) and even though it was under $100, it was still delivered by FedEx.  The rest of my refund was credited to my CC on my last cycle. Good to see that it was less than 60 days from sailing rather than the 90 originally stated. 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 12:02 AM, SRQMom said:

Our cruise was March 13th and still no refund.  We got an email from Carnival saying they "processed" our refund (almost $2,000 since we had two cabins) back in March.  We got the refund for the taxes, port fees etc (roughly $380 for the two cabins) two days later, but still waiting for the $2,000.  I've called and the rep just said they had no idea when it would be back on my card.  It's comforting to know some refunds are coming in, but definitely not in the order they were cancelled.  That is confusing.  Crossing fingers ours is soon because we are like most people and could use the money.  Thanks for the update. 

Yeah ours was March 21st and we haven't received any refund either. I had purchased our drink package and specialty dining for a total of $1005 on top of our cruise price and haven't received that either. 

For those who have already received their refund of the cruise fare, have you also received the refund for your extras like shore excursions, etc? If so, when did you get that refund in relation to your cruise fare refund? 

We were booked on a March 30th cruise. My cabin mate got her refund last week. I just found out mine was deposited in my account last month, but my bank knew nothing about it. Carnival and bank are looking into it. 

August 29th sailing

Request for price adjustment to my cc as I had paid in full = March 15th

Refund provided this morning on my cc.

Seems that it is FIFO not sail day.

With this cruise now cancelled I will be waiting for the rest.  Stay well everyone.  This  makes me feel much better now that I have gotten some of my owed money back.

On 5/4/2020 at 12:45 PM, The Critical Cruiser said:

When I cancelled our trip (scheduled for May 23rd) on April 1st, the only thing I got from Carnival was a "Shore Excursion Cancellation Notification", nothing for the cruise itself.  It has been 34 days and counting, no refund of any kind as of yet...

An update to my situation, I had booked the drink packages and shore excursions on my credit card and the cruise (itself) on my debit card.  I called my credit card company this morning, they credited me for the drink packages and shore excursions, I tried the same thing with my debit card for the cruise itself, they would not do it.  So out of $3,500.00 total, I have now gotten $1,000.00 back, which is a start...   

I received cancellation letter March 6, I called Carnival on March 17th to cancel April 4th Horizon cruise. Young lady very helpful but said it would take up to 90 days to refund. Later that day I received a email confirming my cancellation.

Today I received a email from my American Express card advising Carnival had refunded to my account the FULL amount of my cruise. Weird thing was my Amex statement showed refund issued on March 17th the same day I called but it didn't post until today. Amex couldn't credit back to my bank but they will mail me a check.  Thank you Carnival and American Express...Sad to miss our cruise but happy how it turned out. Hope it goes smoothly for all your refunds. 

• Like 1

I just received a credit back to my credit card, today (5/7) for all my prepaid things on ship (massages and water for the room).  I cancelled on 3/30 (via website) and my sail date was 5/3.  Nothing on base fare or taxes yet.  Hopefully they won't reverse the credit like they did to someone else earlier in this thread.

Sucks to think that I should be on my 13 day Panama Canal cruise RIGHT NOW on the Legend.  Today we would have been in Limon, Costa Rica.  Probably just leaving the ship about now to go on some type of excursion, or maybe we would have decided to stay on board today (Limon didn't have a lot of things that i liked) and just got drunk at the pool.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bstel said:

I just received a credit back to my credit card, today (5/7) for all my prepaid things on ship (massages and water for the room).  I cancelled on 3/30 (via website) and my sail date was 5/3.  Nothing on base fare or taxes yet.  Hopefully they won't reverse the credit like they did to someone else earlier in this thread.

Sucks to think that I should be on my 13 day Panama Canal cruise RIGHT NOW on the Legend.  Today we would have been in Limon, Costa Rica.  Probably just leaving the ship about now to go on some type of excursion, or maybe we would have decided to stay on board today (Limon didn't have a lot of things that i liked) and just got drunk at the pool.

This is promising. I canceled my 4/25 Panorama cruise on 4/1 and have yet to receive anything. Hopefully I'll see my shore excursions, dinners, FTTF and carnival kitchen classes refunded soon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bstel said:

I know how you feel, our cruise was leaving 5/9 for our 9 day Mother's Day cruise and  I would be putting the finishing touches on my packing so a little sad but happy we are safe. I am hoping to be able to take my annual birthday cruise in December but remain cautious for now and hopeful that things will be easier by that time. Bought a nice pastel dress to wear for mother's day and will still wear it right around the apartment building as we are still in shelter in place which is fine with me. I am hopeful that our money will start to come in as there were 23 of us and most of the charges are on my debit card but not really expecting anything until the end of May at the earliest. We made our final payment in February but  I was told they are refunding in cruise date order so we will see. I find it funny that when  log on to carnival they are still counting down the days to my cruise.

Edited by Nessa55
  • Like 1

The refund finally posted to my credit card account last night for a 4/5 cruise that I cancelled on 3/4. The shore excursions were canceled almost immediately after my cancellation. As I mentioned the remaining amount showed up last night in 2 chunks. One amount from the TA and the balance from Carnival. The Carnival refund was back-dated to 3/25.

On March 15th, I submitted the cancellation form Carnival sent to me (I chose the OBC option). This was for our March 19th cruise. My daughter also submitted her form the same day.  Two days later, I cancelled two other cruises. And on April 12th, I cancelled the Cheers package for a 2021 cruise that I still have booked. 

On Wednesday April 29, my daughter received her money back for the March 19th cruise but I did not. 

So I called Carnival and the rep told me they had no record of any form that I had submitted on March 15th but she would complete it now. 🙄 How convenient for Carnival. 

She also said she could see that I cancelled two other cruises but they had not been processed so she would process them too (whatever that means).  She indicated that there is no set timeline to receive the money back. (Yes, I’m aware that Carnival is saying 90 days...I’m just sharing)

She also said I should get emails, confirming all of this, within a couple of days. Those haven’t arrived either. 

As of today, I haven’t been refunded any of the $2,869.75  I am owed. And there seems to be no system in place to how people are getting their refunds.

June 20 Legend to Norway fjords - just got  AMEX discount refunded (spend $500 get $125 back, so a $375 refund).

Balance of fare was paid on AARP gift cards, I was told gift cards would be mailed.  Had about a $1,000 in ship excursions booked as well, awaiting refund for those.  Hopefully those will arrive soon.

Is it possible that refunds issued for AMEX cards are processed quicker on their end than other banks?  My cruise was just under $4,000 paid on debit cards from TD Bank and Bank of America.

1 hour ago, vaddco said:

The refund finally posted to my credit card account last night for a 4/5 cruise that I cancelled on 3/4. 

Yay!   And another poster above just got a refund for a 4/4 cruise.   Seems like the refunds are moving toward my cancelled 4/11 cruise.  

Cancelled our June 13th sailing at the end of February. Was told then 7-10 days. Called back on March 20th, told it was processed right away and to call my CC company to make sure they processed it. Called again March 28th was told then it was processed on the 23rd and should have it by April 23rd. That date came and went. Called again last week and was told up to 90 business days. I’ve received so many conflicting answers that I’m ready to dispute the charge, not sure I trust it was processed.

25 minutes ago, lostsoulcruiser said:

Got my refund today. It was credited to my AMEX card which was used to purchase the cruise.  Hooray.

What was your cruise date and when did you request the refund?

2 hours ago, webzila said:

My original cruise was for 5/3/2020 (yes, I should be having drinks with umbrellas in them at this moment), a 7 day out of New Orleans.  When I cancelled, I rebooked for 10/18/2020.  I did this change on March 12.  

2 hours ago, webzila said:

Original cruise date was for 5/3/2020 (I should have been cruising this week), the refund was generated when I changed cruises to a 10/18/2020 new date.  I changed this on 3/12.