APRIL 6 REFUND THREAD: Have you received your refund?

edl868

2 hours ago, mommy2tati said:

Did you indicate to Carnival whether you wanted a refund or FCC? If you didn't make the choice they automatically assume FCC. 

I did get a call.  I told them I'd prefer a refund.  They were pretty good about that (same goes for a subsidiary Princess cruise I was booked on that got cancelled).  No pressure to go for FCC or anything.

Edited by mk-ultra

On 5/18/2020 at 7:46 AM, 8920 said:

Booked 9/1/2019

Cruise Date 6/7/2020 out of San Juan on Fascination

Cancelled cruise on 4/12/2020 (the day before Carnival made the second batch of cancellations)

Last night, 5/17/2020, refunds for shore excursions.  

Updated:

5/22/2020  Received refund for one of my cabins for fare, taxes, and gratuities, minus $500 dollars.  Still waiting on two other cabins.

I was expecting them to give me some grief over the fact that I cancelled my cruise the day before Carnival officially had (but after the CDC had).  Technically, this could have resulted in a $500 cancellation penalty.  I called to find out what happened, and they had for some reason thought I had asked for $500 of the fare for each cabin to be an FCC.  They were very nice about it, placed me on hold for about five minutes, and told me that the FCC was being refunded as well for all cabins.  Of course, it could be another 35 days before I see anything, but she did say that they are getting through the backlog faster now.  

I know for a fact I asked for a full refund, so if you get your refund and it looks a little short, you might want to make sure they didn't try to keep a little of it for an FCC.  It may have been that this is how they waive the cancellation policy by default and you have to ask for it to be a refund specifically, so that would only be an issue if you cancelled the cruise yourself and it wasn't cancelled by Carnival.  

On 5/16/2020 at 10:10 PM, CarolRoy said:

We too were on the 5/25 Sunrise out of NYC.  I called my PVP to cancel and she told me to cancel through the email.  I did that but I called a week later at the Carnival 800#.  They said they did not get my cancellation through the email.  So the Carnival rep took the info and canceled it for me.  Still waiting for the refund.  Hopefully, should get it soon?

My refund for the cruise fare and taxes was credited to my cc today.  Transaction date was 4/20 and credit posted on 5/22.  Don't know why it was almost a month for the credit to show up on my cc.  I guess Carnival was holding off releasing the credit.  I did not purchase anything from Carnival like drink package, pre-paid grats, or anything else.

On 4/6/2020 at 8:19 AM, edl868 said:

Has anyone whose cruise was cancelled and requested a refund received it yet?

Completely refunded.. all of my excursions, excess cruise money after rescheduling, water, wifi... everything was put back on my card within this past week.

15 minutes ago, CarolRoy said:

My refund for the cruise fare and taxes was credited to my cc today.  Transaction date was 4/20 and credit posted on 5/22.  Don't know why it was almost a month for the credit to show up on my cc.  I guess Carnival was holding off releasing the credit.  I did not purchase anything from Carnival like drink package, pre-paid grats, or anything else.

I forgot about that part.  Mine were the same way, transaction date of 4/13 and posted date of 5/17 (4/16 and 5/22 for the cruise fares).  It does look like they're finally getting these moving along.  40 days from cancellation to the first of three cabins refunded.  Just in time to pay for my rescheduled land-based vacation.

Edited by 8920

Cruise Date: 5/30/2020 Panorama out of Long Beach, CA

Cancelled with online form requesting full refund: 4/13/2020

Received credit for excursions to my credit card 5/22 (39 days)

Still waiting for cruise refund to be credited, but it has only been 40 days. I'm feeling very optimistic since the excursion charges have now been credited.

Super sad that we won't be leaving on our cruise in 7 days; we were treating our 12 year old granddaughter and she was soooooo excited. Thankfully, she has been a trooper and understands the situation.  Hopefully we can plan something equally spectacular for her soon.

Hope you are all well and finding a slice of sunshine and much joy during this Memorial Day weekend.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mommy2tati said:

Did you indicate to Carnival whether you wanted a refund or FCC? If you didn't make the choice they automatically assume FCC. 

One of their PVPs called me and I elected for the refund.  Nice thing: absolutely no pressure to take an FCC instead.

Update on my refund: 3rd refund landed in my BofA account today.  I've been fully refunded.

I have finally received all my refunds. But, 3 out of the 5 charges are a few dollars off. For example, I paid $115.00 for wifi. I got back $108.50. My transfers were $63.96. I got back $61.04.  Not sure I want to fight them over a couple of dollars. I'm just glad I got all my refunds. Has anyone else had this issue?

we had a cruise for something like march 26 or so. cancelled obviously. they refunded the port fees/taxes, grats, drink packagaes- stuff like that but not the whole cruise fare which we're just sitting on to get the extra crediton our account. hopefully one of these days we'll get to use it lol...

On 5/22/2020 at 9:53 AM, roxievegas said:

happy for those of you that have received your refunds

our cruise was for April 6th - no refunds, no communication from either TA or Carnival

yet people with cruises after ours have been refunded ??

I feel your pain. My 10 April sailing was cancelled by Carnival on 20 March. I requested a refund 21 March. I called Carnival on 14 May to check the status, and was told it hadn't been processed, but he'd do it while I waited on the phone. Still waiting. It's a bit frustrating to see people with May sailings getting refunded. At this rate, based on when he processed it and what I'm seeing other people comment as to their process dates vs actual refund dates, I'm not getting a refund for at least another month. Ugh.

On 5/16/2020 at 10:50 AM, UrbishN said:

Anyone receive some refunds but not all? I’m still waiting on some  and they were all cancelled on the same day . 

Yes this has happened to my group as well, I think it just depends on who has your booking to cancel.

On 5/18/2020 at 9:03 AM, sparks1093 said:

My guess (and it is absolutely a guess) is that they have a team assigned to each ship and they are processing the refunds by sailing date. Or you could be right, there isn't a method to their madness.

Nope not by Cruise date because we had 11 cabins and 5 of them cancelled in March and the 6 cancelled April 1 but have only gotten money back for 4 of the initial 5 and none for the 6 that cancelled April 1 so I believe it is by cancellation date or as most of us are thinking no rhyme or reason - lol.

On 5/20/2020 at 10:04 AM, The Critical Cruiser said:

Finally received a full refund this morning after 49 days for our cruise that was scheduled to leave this Saturday, 5/23.  I am done with Carnival.

Really have you read the post on here, I don't generally get annoyed by the post and if I do I keep it to myself because that is not my thing but you got your money back in 45 days for a 5/23 cruise and there are people who were scheduled in April who still have not received their refunds. We had 11 cabins for our 5/9 cruise and we are still waiting for 7 of those refunds. Please feel how you feel but you are one of the very blessed ones.

On 5/20/2020 at 9:18 PM, re-re said:

Received full refund today, cruise cancelled April 1st for a May 8th cruise. Can't wait until I can get onboard again, I don't remember the last time I didn't have a cruise booked.

Girl me either but I am thinking it definitely won't be until 2021, still hiding from COVID - lol

1 hour ago, Nessa55 said:

Yes this has happened to my group as well, I think it just depends on who has your booking to cancel.

Thanks .. I have received all my refunds from cancellation date of April 14. The remaining arrived a few days later . 

Two September (B2B) cruises cancelled on April 10th.  Carnival refunded total for both cruises today (May 24th).  Much faster than we anticipated and much appreciated.  No refund anticipated for our NCL cancelled May 2020  cruise until at least August.  That was our dream cruise that we had been planning for years and paid premium prices with many expensive excursions.  The NCL cruise was the first time in 10 years we ever bought extra medical insurance and that was promptly refunded within days after cancellation by the 3rd party insurer.  Cruise lines would be building better customer relations by providing periodic communications directly to those waiting that they are working on the refunds.

16 hours ago, utwofan said:

Two September (B2B) cruises cancelled on April 10th.  Carnival refunded total for both cruises today (May 24th).  Much faster than we anticipated and much appreciated.  No refund anticipated for our NCL cancelled May 2020  cruise until at least August.  That was our dream cruise that we had been planning for years and paid premium prices with many expensive excursions.  The NCL cruise was the first time in 10 years we ever bought extra medical insurance and that was promptly refunded within days after cancellation by the 3rd party insurer.  Cruise lines would be building better customer relations by providing periodic communications directly to those waiting that they are working on the refunds.

The idea of periodic communications is a nice one, but in order for it to be meaningful research would need to be done for each customer to make sure that the communication is accurate and that type of research would require time and resources, the same time and resources it would take to process the refund. 

Happy for everyone who has received refunds or FCC, but very frustrated for those of us still awaiting refunds, especially if we've canceled before others who have received theirs.

• Like 1

~3/30:  Carnival cancelled cruise scheduled for 5/2.

4/2:  I requested full refund

5/7:  Received Amex refund for just my prepaid room charges (water, massage)

5/22:  Received remaining balance refund back to Amex.

5/22:  Recieved a gift card in mail for what i paid with gift cards(via Fedex)

Now i am curious as to when Amex will charge back for the $200 in promo credit they gave me.

6 hours ago, jwjcmj said:

Was the gift card received a single card good for total amount, or numerous card to match denotation you used?

Thanks 

i used 3 $100 cards and got back one $300 card

8 hours ago, bstel said:

~3/30:  Carnival cancelled cruise scheduled for 5/2.

4/2:  I requested full refund

5/7:  Received Amex refund for just my prepaid room charges (water, massage)

5/22:  Received remaining balance refund back to Amex.

5/22:  Recieved a gift card in mail for what i paid with gift cards(via Fedex)

Now i am curious as to when Amex will charge back for the $200 in promo credit they gave me.

I am wondering the same thing about Amex charging back the $100 offer/benefit I used??? 

I also have another part of my refund coming back to a credit card I no longer have, probably never seeing that credit. Anyone else in this situation? Carnival said they can only refund the card that was used. 

Any refunds to a credit card that has been closed out will require the credit card company to send you a check. Call the credit card company now to confirm that is what they will do. You may need to make a request for them to do so after the money is attached to the account, but you should call them now to confirm the process.

• Like 1

UPDATE:  74 days since my 3/13 cruise was cancelled.  Still no refund.  I have an actual email letter from Carnival stating that they "Issued a refund on 3/20/20" for both cabins".  As with others, have called and reluctantly "accepted" the "it may take 90 days to actual receive the refund".  I've seen the helter skelter, no rhyme or reason for refunds received on this post which makes it even more frustrating.  My concern is that during this time, the card I used to pay for the cruise was lost and had to be reissued with a different number of course.  I called my bank and they said that shouldn't cause a problem with refunds (it still gets posted), but when I called Carnival today to speak to them about that concern, I was told it may now be "more than 90 days as originally said and be prepared to have to wait indefinitely for the refund".   Has anyone else heard this???

On 5/9/2020 at 9:35 AM, lucky7s said:

Canceled our 4/11 cruise on 3/11.  Received my shore excursion refunds today on my Mastercard.  They were dated 3/12.  Still waiting on the cruise fare refund.  It's at least a little movement finally.  

Update:  Received partial credit for the cruise fare on Wednesday 5/18 and received the remainder on Saturday 5/23.  I am happy to finally put this behind me.  Good luck to everyone!  Hopefully you will see it back soon as well.