APRIL 6 REFUND THREAD: Have you received your refund?

edl868

19 hours ago, goracer6 said:

I am wondering the same thing about Amex charging back the $100 offer/benefit I used??? 

I also have another part of my refund coming back to a credit card I no longer have, probably never seeing that credit. Anyone else in this situation? Carnival said they can only refund the card that was used. 

Amex charged my $100 back on a cancelled Princess cruise just a few days after the cost was refunded.

Still waiting...

March 15th - filled out the form for our canceled March 19th cruise...still waiting for that refund.

March 17th - canceled 2 other cruises...still waiting on those refunds.

April 12th - canceled Cheers package on a cruise in 2021. Received that refund on May 15. 

😏🙄

Edited by taylor1293

No refund yet for May cruise cancelled by Carnival on March 30th. Filled form out same day. Others in our group have already received a full refund from this cancelled sailing though. Writing Carnival only results in a boiler-plate response like this:

"Well over one million Carnival guests have been impacted by this extended pause in cruising, which dwarfs any disruption we’ve experienced in even the worst hurricane season. We can confirm that refunds are being issued to those guests that requested one. We thank you for your continued patience. Although I cannot confirm a time frame, I can confirm guests have started to receive their refunds and we are continuing to process the remaining requests as soon as possible."

Edited by Keys2Heaven

On 5/26/2020 at 2:47 PM, lucky7s said:

Update:  Received partial credit for the cruise fare on Wednesday 5/18 and received the remainder on Saturday 5/23.  I am happy to finally put this behind me.  Good luck to everyone!  Hopefully you will see it back soon as well.

Great to hear.  Gives us hope!  I am hopeful we all see complete refunds soon and we can all finally put it behind us.  Plus, sure could use the $2,000 LOL. 

I had posted earlier, and someone had made a suggestion for those of us who decided to NOT take the OBC and make new reservations at that time, and just get the refund back on the credit card. I called my credit card company yesterday, as I had paid for 4 rooms. I really didn't know what they would tell me, as I knew most of my Carnival refund had come back, thank God!  She gave me two options.  To put the money direct into my banking account, or send me the check for the full amount through the mail. I will soon have this money back, and I plan to make new reservations for next year, providing things are BETTER with the virus we are going through now.

I called Carnival this afternoon and talked with a very nice woman who informed me that my refund request submitted via the online form on March 30th finally started processing on May 19th. She said it could take up to 60 days from that date to receive all refund amounts. We went over all the refund amounts and everything lines up. So, we wait some more.

Edited by Keys2Heaven

20 minutes ago, Keys2Heaven said:

I called Carnival this afternoon and talked with a very nice woman who informed me that my refund request submitted via the online form on March 30th finally started processing on May 19th. She said it could take up to 60 days from that date to receive all refund amounts. We went over all the refund amounts and everything lines up. So, we wait some more.

that is sooo crazy...so the 90 day time frame is when they process the forms and not when you canceled the cruise...that sucks. looks like it might take even longer to get my refund. guess i will be waiting until september or later to get a refund from my may cruise 😞

4 hours ago, Keys2Heaven said:

I also spoke with a very nice lady regarding our April 25th cruise. She informed me that my refund request submitted via the online form on March 30th was being processed but she couldn't tell me when I might see the money credited to my account.  She was able to tell me how much the refund would be and it exactly matched what I had paid.  I did receive credit for our shore excursions on May 8th.  I keep reminding myself - "patience is a virtue".

I had 2 cruises booked both with refundable deposits and I canceled them 3 weeks ago, well before final payment dates, but haven't seen any refunds.  Not surprised that there is a delay given the current events but does anyone know how long it currently takes to receive a normal cancelation refund?

Edited by molole

11 hours ago, ctuttle said:

I also spoke with a very nice lady regarding our April 25th cruise. She informed me that my refund request submitted via the online form on March 30th was being processed but she couldn't tell me when I might see the money credited to my account.  She was able to tell me how much the refund would be and it exactly matched what I had paid.  I did receive credit for our shore excursions on May 8th.  I keep reminding myself - "patience is a virtue".

11 hours ago, ctuttle said:

Yes, it is. My refunds landed just last week, but we’re dated as processed 4/8. They will come. And I did recieve back every penny I had coming, even some I totally forgot about (I had purchased some cruise cash in the Fun Shops that I completely forgot about)

Firefly is correct. I had a B2B booked for April 5&11 that got cancelled in March. I was not expecting my refunds until late June, so I was pleasantly surprised to see them land on my credit card just last week. But the date they were processed was 4/8. So check your card account every day, and remember, they may show up in an earlier date for when processed. I only went back and checked after seeing I had a $1400 credit in my balance.

Let me add, that these refunds were after transferring nearly $4,000 in FCC to another cruise, which I did immediately after cancelling April cruises back in March.

Edited by grandmarnnurse

34 minutes ago, john91498 said:

Normal as before this pandemic? Refunds would take minutes...

Well, normal as in I canceled the cruises online as I normally would cancel any cruise before the pandemic.   

On 5/16/2020 at 11:37 AM, Doctorsbaby said:

I was scheduled in the 5/25 Sunrise out of NYC. I received the cancellation notice 4/13. That day I went online and cancelled my steakhouse reservation & Half Moon Cay Cabana. I also used the online form to request a full refund. 

So far, I have received my dining & excursion refund. They had a transaction date of 4/14 with a posting date of 5/14 & 5/15. 

Those are the most straight forward of my refunds. I anticipate my cruise fare & taxes taking a bit longer as the cruise was paid for with funds from the cancelled Legend 5/25 sailing plus an additional credit card charge for the difference. I’m sure that makes the tracing & ensuring proper credit harder on Carnivals side.

My PVP did call me 1-2 weeks after the cancellation and could see that I had selected a full refund. 

Update for reference purposes...

The refund posted today, with a transaction date of 4/23 for the amount listed as “payment” on my booking confirmation. I am only missing the amount that was applied as FCC from my original Legend booking. 

Slowly but surely they are chugging along with the refunds. I’m sure this has been a logistical nightmare. 

On April 1 Carnival posted the cancellation updates, which included my June 3 cruise on Legend.  I immediately followed the link and requested full refund instead of FCC.  Nothing until yesterday when I received an email with letter saying 'Sorry your reservation has cancelled.  With cancellation date 06/01/2020.  Yesterday.  Really?  I hope my 60/90 days didn't restart yesterday...   Gov't fees and taxes will be refunded to the original form of payment.  ...calling/emailing will not expedite the process...  bummer.  But at least the cruise has disappeared from my upcoming cruises...  EM

I find it amazing how a company can accept money so quickly - yet can't reverse the same action and send a credit to the payee.   I too was suppose to be sailing May 25 out of NYC and have not gotten anything - yet.  

I thought the initial options were great and would have loved to accept a rescheduled trip and take the $600 in onboard credit.   

But Carnival has dropped all itineraries coming out of NYC,  but a few beach day cruises.    The options available  we have visited several times and have no interest in seeing them again.    I regret that at least for the foreseeable future, if my wife and I want to see newer and less traveled places our only option will be to sail with other cruise lines.    

Good luck all

Jack

We had two cruises cancelled. 

First cruise was on Carnival -  I booked two cabins, (us, 2 grandkids and son/daughter in law) I booked the cabins for 3 people each, so the cost was the same for both cabins.  In Sept 2019 paid $450.00 deposit for each cabin.  In January 2020 paid the balance due on each cabin for $1093.00.  Carnival cancelled the cruise on 03-14 and we went through our travel agency to ask for full refund $3,086.   April 20, 2020 I put in a dispute with the credit card company, they immediately gave us a conditional credit.  Today my credit card says that one of the $450.00 charges and one of the $1093.00 charges has been settled in our favor.  I am confident that the other charges will be resolved by tomorrow or first of next week.

the other cruise cancelled on Princess.  nothing yet back on that, but disputed the charges on the credit card also.

I cancelled my July Alaska cruise in mid-April. Everything that was charged to a credit card was refunded this week. I am still waiting replacement gift cards for the remainder of the money paid. I called today and was advised that they didn't have my address, so that is why the gift cards haven't been sent yet. He fixed that and advised the cards should be sent soon.