Jump to content

APRIL 6 REFUND THREAD: Have you received your refund?


Recommended Posts

On 6/25/2020 at 1:12 PM, samiam0403 said:

 

Finally! Saw at least my $200 deposit refunded to my AmEx today. Now waiting on the remainder of final payment. 

 

Booked - 14 Nov 2019

Sailing date - 10 April 2020

Cancelled Carnival excursions - 18 March 2020

Carnival cancelled cruise - 20 March 2020

Requested refund - 21 March 2020

Carnival shore excursions refunded - 7 May 2020

Called Carnival to confirm refund request had been received - casino rep told me he processed refund request while I was on phone - 14 May 2020

Partial refund received - 25 June 2020

 

Annnnd remainder of balance from my 10 April cruise posted today (27 June). 98 days for full refund. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2020 at 10:48 AM, Doctorsbaby said:

Update for reference purposes...

 

The refund posted today, with a transaction date of 4/23 for the amount listed as “payment” on my booking confirmation. I am only missing the amount that was applied as FCC from my original Legend booking. 
 

Slowly but surely they are chugging along with the refunds. I’m sure this has been a logistical nightmare. 

 

Received the remainder of my refund this week. My PVP found some issue with why the FCC portion hadn’t been refunded with the rest and got it corrected. It took 1-2 weeks to receive the refund after he found the problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could not believe it. Our first cruise cancelled , rebooked, that got cancelled, so we gave up. I did the online refund request but then after reading a post on CC I decided to call. I got the same person that rebooked the second cruise, who was extra nice. Full refund showed up in 13 total days. Apparently it does pay to call.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, biomedbob said:

Yesterday over $1K for a cruise canceled in March.  Buy some thing and it instantly gigs your Credit Card....cancel and and it takes 4 months.  Interesting!

 

Maybe try calling  or email  acces@carnival.com   Four months is just not right

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a longtime reader of the CC boards, but I’ve never had a reason to post until now. I called in mid-March to cancel my June 6 cruise aboard the Vista. Although I was originally told to expect all my cruise fare back within two weeks, I patiently waited the 90 days from my cancellation. On day 92, I called my TA, Costco, and they talked to Carnival and told me that while the cruise line was “no longer giving guidance” on wait times,  a note about my case had been sent to the “accounting department.”

 

We’re now past 110 days from the time of my original cancelation, and I called Costco again. They called Carnival, and I was told that my refund didn’t even ENTER PROCESSING until I called on day 92 to check. I’m now being told to expect my refund sometime this month.

 

I’m very frustrated with the Carnival response, and I really wish I had filed a chargeback in March instead of trying to be patient and understanding. If the cruise line was issuing slow but steady refunds, like by sail date or cancellation date, that would be one thing, but the refunds are seemingly being issued at random. That's definitely no way to treat customers. 

Edited by Gina.SSF
Fixed sail date.
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Gina.SSF said:

I’m a longtime reader of the CC boards, but I’ve never had a reason to post until now. I called in mid-March to cancel my June 6 cruise aboard the Vista. Although I was originally told to expect all my cruise fare back within two weeks, I patiently waited the 90 days from my cancellation. On day 92, I called my TA, Costco, and they talked to Carnival and told me that while the cruise line was “no longer giving guidance” on wait times,  a note about my case had been sent to the “accounting department.”

 

We’re now past 110 days from the time of my original cancelation, and I called Costco again. They called Carnival, and I was told that my refund didn’t even ENTER PROCESSING until I called on day 92 to check. I’m now being told to expect my refund sometime this month.

 

I’m very frustrated with the Carnival response, and I really wish I had filed a chargeback in March instead of trying to be patient and understanding. If the cruise line was issuing slow but steady refunds, like by sail date or cancellation date, that would be one thing, but the refunds are seemingly being issued at random. That's definitely no way to treat customers. 

I think the problem is HOW you booked your cruise. Those of you that used a third party company, like Costco, or a TA, are having more issues getting your refunds than those of us that just booked directly through Carnival. I just book my vacations of all kinds myself because I prefer total control. I had all my refunds within 60 days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I think the problem is HOW you booked your cruise. Those of you that used a third party company, like Costco, or a TA, are having more issues getting your refunds than those of us that just booked directly through Carnival. I just book my vacations of all kinds myself because I prefer total control. I had all my refunds within 60 days. 

 

Well /I/ booked directly with Carnival and it's been over 110 days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Carnival cancelled our cruise on March 19th. We were a group of 4 couples. One couple got their full refund on June 19th. I received a small partial refund two weeks and nothing since. The other two couples have received nothing.

Very frustrating situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess we were darn lucky, getting a refund 13 days after cancellation by Carnival. Apparently the rep I spoke to had a lot to do with it as we chatted for quite a bit and he told me he was processing it manually and it would be within two weeks and it was. I can certainly see why so many are frustrated with the process. I only can wish you all well and you come out fine

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our June cruise was cancelled and we submitted the refund form with Costco Travel and we are still waiting 90 plus days later. Carnival won’t tell us anything so Costco is investigating. The form was received and refund is “pending” and not released for payment. Carnival told our TA “we have 1.5 million refunds to process”.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to how the refunds are processed.  I am really concerned.

Edited by Kansasbuckeye
Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who have received refunds, did you get any type of email or notification that the refund was issued? Or did you find out by noticing the credit on your credit card or when new gift cards pleasantly showed up in your mail?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, crooooze said:

For those who have received refunds, did you get any type of email or notification that the refund was issued? Or did you find out by noticing the credit on your credit card or when new gift cards pleasantly showed up in your mail?

All I did was check my CC online. The only thing I got from Carnival was the cancellation notice right after I spoke to the Carnival rep

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our cancelled Freedom cruise for Sept 13, was cancelled and last Wed., July 1 I called our TA, and was successful in transferring all of our monies paid to the cruise to our new booking on the Freedom leaving at the end of February....all except the FTTF. We were able to re-purchase it for the new sailing, and were refunded the costs of FTTF we paid last September. We received the full credit for it on July 8. Not bad. It only took 7 days for the refund. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, crooooze said:

For those who have received refunds, did you get any type of email or notification that the refund was issued? Or did you find out by noticing the credit on your credit card or when new gift cards pleasantly showed up in your mail?

Never received any emails at all from our cancellation on up till we received our refund. Been checking my Capital One card daily online and all of a sudden our refund showed up at day 92 last week. Communication was nonexistent. Thankful we received our refund! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, crooooze said:

For those who have received refunds, did you get any type of email or notification that the refund was issued? Or did you find out by noticing the credit on your credit card or when new gift cards pleasantly showed up in your mail?

I was told by our TA that we would receive a refund for FTTF on our cancelled cruise. That's the only notification I got. Since I check daily online our banking history, I noticed it immediately. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, crooooze said:

For those who have received refunds, did you get any type of email or notification that the refund was issued? Or did you find out by noticing the credit on your credit card or when new gift cards pleasantly showed up in your mail?

I had 2 cruises cancelled- The one cruise I received the refund for, my TA got an email  with refund details that she forwarded it to me. Good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, crooooze said:

For those who have received refunds, did you get any type of email or notification that the refund was issued? Or did you find out by noticing the credit on your credit card or when new gift cards pleasantly showed up in your mail?

 

No notification from Carnival or my TA. I had to keep checking my credit card account until I finally saw the refunds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, crooooze said:

For those who have received refunds, did you get any type of email or notification that the refund was issued? Or did you find out by noticing the credit on your credit card or when new gift cards pleasantly showed up in your mail?

 

Crooooze...it appears my last $600 refund is going to come via GC(even though I only used $400 worth of GC). All the reps I spoke with today, 3 of them, say it was submitted on 6/16 for disbursement. I wonder how long this should take?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MSBfan said:

 

Crooooze...it appears my last $600 refund is going to come via GC(even though I only used $400 worth of GC). All the reps I spoke with today, 3 of them, say it was submitted on 6/16 for disbursement. I wonder how long this should take?

Well, as I said in a previous post, all my refunds took until the end of May to land on my cc, but were dated as processed on April 8.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Azamara - We are back with New Greece Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...