Jump to content

APRIL 6 REFUND THREAD: Have you received your refund?


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I’ll tell you why you don’t owe a balance. What Carnival did was use some of your refunds to pay off your balance. That is what they did for my cruise. After transferring all FCC from 2 cruises to a 14 day Journey cruise for January, I had a $914 balance owed on cruise. A few days later, I got an emailed receipt from Carnival showing a zero balance. I called my PVP and asked why? She said that Carnival used $914 of my $1600 refunds to pay off balance, and they’d refund the remaining $707 in about 90 days. 

That’s the thing though is one couple in our group had no refunds from shore excursions or other online purchases due because they made no extra purchases and their cruise balance shows paid in full.  It shows in all of our cruise bookings and orders that we paid the same amount for the newly rebooked cruise as we did for the cancelled one to the penny.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Shynook11 said:

How is it a misuse?  It’s a dispute for services not received, not fraud.

Looked at that way it makes sense, but it appears that some credit cards are giving the vendor 90 days to rectify things. 

Edited by sparks1093
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jennas_mum said:

 

 

Where you able to use FCC for 2 cruises to pay for 1 cruise? 

 

I have  3 cancelled cruises. Already rebooked one but it is quite a bit more. 

 

Donna

 

Yes. My 2 cruises were actually aB2B for April 5 & 11. I called my PVP to transfer them all to the one cruise I wanted booked. So, yes, I used FCC from 2 cruises to pay for a more expensive 14 day Journey cruise to the Panama Canal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 4hunters said:

Honestly surprised this thread has survived with the mods. Love watching all the CCL boards imploding from lack of response from Carnival and Princess. Yes - I have many refunds due and nothing from the parent company. 

You shouldn't hear from the parent company, you should hear from the cruise line you booked with. Each is a separate legal entity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

You shouldn't hear from the parent company, you should hear from the cruise line you booked with. Each is a separate legal entity.

Agreed. Meant to say “either company”.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally received our 2 Cheers and 2 soda packages refund today for our March 15th cruise we cancelled on March 8!!

 

We initially received the tax and port fees, and shore excursion refunds right away after we cancelled. Don't know why this one took so long.

 

We did not request a refund yet on the cabin fare. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We received part of our refund. Posted to the credit card on Wednesday April 15th.

 

We had two cabins booked for a March 16th sailing. We cancelled on March 13th pursuant to the policy and asked for a full refund. 

 

So far, we have had 3 refunds: 2 refunds for each of the deposits and 1 refund for one of the balance payments. We are still owed 1 refund for one of the balance payments (the larger one), the refund for the excursions, and the refund for the internet/bevs. 

 

The credit card had been replaced with a different type and account number (same bank though), but the refund still went through. 

 

Hope this info helps. 

 

 

Edited by ireashmott
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I called Carnival in March to ask for my refund back for the June 29th sailing out of NY.  I am soo glad I did not book the entire trip.  I took out a protection policy as well and asked for my $286. refund back.  I got a nice lady who did try for me and she told me that I will get it back but it wont be a quick return.  I should have asked for a confirmation on it but I didnt.  So I guess its a gonna.  I am reading how people are having trouble with refunds as well even an email.  Should I keep trying?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to speak with my PVP this afternoon, as she had called a couple weeks ago, and I had not felt like talking much at that time, but told her I would contact her and try to get the rest of the cruise issues cleared up. This is a question for any of you who had your cruise fares put back on a credit card, instead of booking another cruise in the future.  My PVP and I went over the discussion of the 4 rooms that were booked, the cost, taxes, etc., and what she said I would get back on my credit card, since I paid for all 4 rooms.  Of course, I have no way to PROVE that she told me she had taken care of each issue we went over, which sounded good to me.  My question, if you have ever had a PVP and they TOLD you they would do something, did they follow through?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, beshears said:

I was able to speak with my PVP this afternoon, as she had called a couple weeks ago, and I had not felt like talking much at that time, but told her I would contact her and try to get the rest of the cruise issues cleared up. This is a question for any of you who had your cruise fares put back on a credit card, instead of booking another cruise in the future.  My PVP and I went over the discussion of the 4 rooms that were booked, the cost, taxes, etc., and what she said I would get back on my credit card, since I paid for all 4 rooms.  Of course, I have no way to PROVE that she told me she had taken care of each issue we went over, which sounded good to me.  My question, if you have ever had a PVP and they TOLD you they would do something, did they follow through?

Yes, why wouldn't they?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I re-booked, but I had purchased $500 cruise cash and the new fare was about $250 less than the original fare.  My PVP advised that the refunds would be credited back to my credit card.  This was almost 3 weeks ago, and still no credit.  I emailed her to ensure that she had indeed put the refund through and she said that due to all of the refunds, it may take up to 90 days.  

 

Earlier this year I cancelled a previous cruise and re-booked due to a better casino rate.  I had purchased cruise cash and it was refunded back to my credit card within 2 days.  

 

I will keep checking because I don't have total confidence in my current PVP.  

 

Has anybody else been told that it could take 90 days???

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, sc4125 said:

I re-booked, but I had purchased $500 cruise cash and the new fare was about $250 less than the original fare.  My PVP advised that the refunds would be credited back to my credit card.  This was almost 3 weeks ago, and still no credit.  I emailed her to ensure that she had indeed put the refund through and she said that due to all of the refunds, it may take up to 90 days.  

 

Earlier this year I cancelled a previous cruise and re-booked due to a better casino rate.  I had purchased cruise cash and it was refunded back to my credit card within 2 days.  

 

I will keep checking because I don't have total confidence in my current PVP.  

 

Has anybody else been told that it could take 90 days???

I have a refund of 700 coming, it has been about a month now. I am assuming the 90 day wait may be true. I was not told

90 days through my PVP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sc4125 said:

I re-booked, but I had purchased $500 cruise cash and the new fare was about $250 less than the original fare.  My PVP advised that the refunds would be credited back to my credit card.  This was almost 3 weeks ago, and still no credit.  I emailed her to ensure that she had indeed put the refund through and she said that due to all of the refunds, it may take up to 90 days.  

 

Earlier this year I cancelled a previous cruise and re-booked due to a better casino rate.  I had purchased cruise cash and it was refunded back to my credit card within 2 days.  

 

I will keep checking because I don't have total confidence in my current PVP.  

 

Has anybody else been told that it could take 90 days???

Yes

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't heard anything from Carnival about my canceled cruise, but today I got a merchant credit/refund for a part of my canceled Celebrity cruise of 3/15.  I am hopeful...  EM

Link to post
Share on other sites

I canceled by cruise on March 5.  Was told 5-10 days.  Called March 27 was told refund was processed on March 25th.  Told me now it would be 30-90 days. Still no refund to date.  Caught btw anxously waiting or patiently waiting.  Hopefully I will get something soon! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My wife and I have received one part of our three-part Carnival refund this morning.  We used three different cards since last summer to pay for our March 25 Group cruise.  My wife received the full amount (~$1300) back on her card.  We still have refunds we're waiting on for two remaining cards for about $5000.


So the refunds are "coming".  Don't know how they're organizing it as I thought we should have all the refunds back this morning but at least we're down to two sets left rather than three.

We cancelled via phone on March 14th.  All this is a transfer of FCC-back-to-cash for a full refund.

Edited by DWolf2020
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I thought I was getting the shaft.  I cancelled  my reservation March 10. It was paid off  with AARP Gift cards + a 507 deposit. It was for my daughter, son in law, grandchild. It was an Alaskan Cruise from Seattle, It Cost 3461.92.
I was  told the refund would be in gift cards with a check for the deposit. But even though it was charged  to my credit card, only my daughter  could get it, because the booking was in her name. And the  rest would be loaded on a gift card which could only be  used by her, because the booking was in her name.
I am platinum  on Carnival
I am platinum  on Princess
I have  sailed on four cruises with Holland America. 
My daughter and her family were on five of those cruises. I paid for them with my credit card.
I said O.K. Then I called at the end of the 8-10 days they said it took. No cancellation confirmation. No cards. Then carnival  sent  an e-mail. I ( my daughter) could get a cruise credit and  $600 onboard  credit. I did get a note..(one line) when I clicked on that one. I did not  take a screen shot. I never got any notice about having a cruise credit. 
It is now April 21.2020.  I have tried not to call too much. I have been told the cards are on the way, the cruise credit is fine, 8-10 days. the card for my refund was cut on April 1, and should arrive in 8-10- days. I have called accounting. WOW. Rude. Dismissive. Told Up to 90 days. click'  The first agents I reached always tried to help me. I stayed on line for hours yesterday. I talked to guest services, accounting ( little talking, lot of holding) and as of now......the gift card will be sent. Ditto  check. I can use the cards, and the check will be made out to me. I am to receive it within 90 days.
I think that when that happens , pigs will come  out of nose, and monkeys will be flying around my head. 
I will call again after  the 8-10 period. I may be dumb, but I am persistent.
I wish someone had the President of Carnivals' number. We should be calling him/her.
I commiserate with everyone who posted.
God bless you all, and keep up hope we all get our refunds or future credits. ( Either one would be fine with me. I can't use the cards any place other than Carnival)
THIS is the first time I have had an issue with Carnival.

 

 

Edited by AmberTeka
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, AmberTeka said:

I thought I was getting the shaft.  I cancelled  my reservation March 10. It was paid off  with AARP Gift cards + a 507 deposit. It was for my daughter, son in law, grandchild. It was an Alaskan Cruise from Seattle, It Cost 3461.92.
I was  told the refund would be in gift cards with a check for the deposit. But even though it was charged  to my credit card, only my daughter  could get it, because the booking was in her name. And the  rest would be loaded on a gift card which could only be  used by her, because the booking was in her name.
I am platinum  on Carnival
I am platinum  on Princess
I have  sailed on four cruises with Holland America. 
My daughter and her family were on five of those cruises. I paid for them with my credit card.
I said O.K. Then I called at the end of the 8-10 days they said it took. No cancellation confirmation. No cards. Then carnival  sent  an e-mail. I ( my daughter) could get a cruise credit and  $600 onboard  credit. I did get a note..(one line) when I clicked on that one. I did not  take a screen shot. I never got any notice about having a cruise credit. 
It is now April 21.2020.  I have tried not to call too much. I have been told the cards are on the way, the cruise credit is fine, 8-10 days. the card for my refund was cut on April 1, and should arrive in 8-10- days. I have called accounting. WOW. Rude. Dismissive. Told Up to 90 days. click'  The first agents I reached always tried to help me. I stayed on line for hours yesterday. I talked to guest services, accounting ( little talking, lot of holding) and as of now......the gift card will be sent. Ditto  check. I can use the cards, and the check will be made out to me. I am to receive it within 90 days.
I think that when that happens , pigs will come  out of nose, and monkeys will be flying around my head. 
I will call again after  the 8-10 period. I may be dumb, but I am persistent.
I wish someone had the President of Carnivals' number. We should be calling him/her.
I commiserate with everyone who posted.
God bless you all, and keep up hope we all get our refunds or future credits. ( Either one would be fine with me. I can't use the cards any place other than Carnival)
THIS is the first time I have had an issue with Carnival.

 

 

adonald@carnival.com

Some folks on Facebook e-mailed him.  They said their response was "quick" but didn't outline if that helped any.

Edited by DWolf2020
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My cruise date was March 30th. I was notified of my cancellation on March 14th by Carnival. I immediately filled out the online form like many on here with no reply. I was notified by my Carnival agent a few weeks ago "checking up on me" and wondered if I was ready to book my future cruise as he said I had lots of FCC and OBC to use. He caught me off guard as I had filed for the refund. I told him I had filed for the refund and I wasn't ready to book at this time due to the unforeseen future on how long things were going to be impacted as far as travel goes plus I'm sure there will be new rules/ policies for cruising. He said he knew but that I could change my mind on the refund and get the FCC and OBC offered. I told him no thank you and that I'd contact him in the future when I decided to book another cruise. So it makes me think Carnival is having the agents call customers waiting on a refund and get them to rebook instead so they don't have to give the money back.

I haven't received any of the refunds for the cruise, shore excursions, etc.   

Edited by NPCIN
Left out information
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure that the more they rebook the less money they will be out. We were cancelled for our May 11 cruise so I rebooked the same day for Sept, saving quite a bit and getting $325 OBC  and still left with a $434 refund which I have not received. It worries me a bit but hopefully all will work out, even with the Sept cruise still being iffy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All I know is I told my PVP, if this ALL goes through like it should, and back to my credit card, I plan on contacting her when we all decide to cruise again. Hopefully that will be in the future, but may not be until next year. The ONLY reason I ask about the PVP, was this was my first time when using one, as I have always used a TA here in the area where I lived. I believe someone mentioned after the PVP does their part, it then goes to accounting, which I believe she had said also.  Just have to be PATIENT, and WAIT!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...