CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

Checked my bank account this morning and found a full refund for my Ventura cruise of 17th March. At less than four weeks from applying I think that is very quick considering the numbers that are being dealt with. I am sure someone will say that T&Cs state it should be quicker but you cannot please them all.

I am very pleased to have dealt with a very good TA.

Hope others are equally successful.

Keep safe and keep well.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, comcox said:

Based on these timings my May cruise refund is really going to take a while.  

The op received their refund in less than 4 weeks, much better than the 60 days being quoted now and at least we can see that they are being processed and not all being held onto as long as possible. 

I will take any positivity at the moment... 

Andy 

Edited by AndyMichelle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Encouraging to hear. Obviously when the OP applied for their refund P&O was quoting less than 60 days, but it wasn’t as short as 4 weeks so fingers crossed we might all be pleasantly surprised. I won’t hold my breath though!

4 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Ooh I’ve been meaning to do my daily check of my account to see if my refund has come in yet although mine was early April. 
Thanks for letting us know. I’m off to check...

Nothing for me yet but they’re working through them in date order. Shouldn’t be too much longer hopefully- which is handy as my washing machine has just broken! 🙄

After almost two weeks (yes, I know, hardly any time at all) I'm still waiting for sone sort of acknowledgement that my  refund request has been received. How difficult is it for a competent IT department to send out an auto-reply ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

After almost two weeks (yes, I know, hardly any time at all) I'm still waiting for sone sort of acknowledgement that my  refund request has been received. How difficult is it for a competent IT department to send out an auto-reply ?

Same here Wowzz.. I don't mind waiting, I know they are busy etc.. just an acknowledgement would have been nice. 

I am reluctant to send the request again as I know from experience of the cruise personaliser that if you re submit your table request, you go to the back of the queue... 

Andy 

I am very glad that you received a full refund my friend. This days such successful operations are a luxury for many cruise lovers. There are many threads in here where people are saying that its been like 120 days and they still did not receive a refund. I feel their pain really. Hope the situation will change and people will start getting refunds much quicker

5 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Same here Wowzz.. I don't mind waiting, I know they are busy etc.. just an acknowledgement would have been nice. 

I am reluctant to send the request again as I know from experience of the cruise personaliser that if you re submit your table request, you go to the back of the queue... 

Andy 

Yes, I'm tempted to resubmit, but am sure if that will just make things worse.  I'm trying to be patient, understanding etc, but the "not knowing " is driving me to drink! (Or at least pushing me very easily to the wine rack)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, wowzz said:

P&O's response is disgraceful. Their response over refunds is unacceptable. They are still requesting payment of balances for cruises that will not go ahead. They are avoiding cancelling cruises past 15 May. They are retaining our money as long as possible. Surely everyone must now realise that P&O are playing a hard game and our sympathy and support for them has went down the pan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Yes, I'm tempted to resubmit, but am sure if that will just make things worse.  I'm trying to be patient, understanding etc, but the "not knowing " is driving me to drink! (Or at least pushing me very easily to the wine rack)

Not just me then... 

I rarely drank indoors.. That's changed... 😊

But I can't really blame P&O for that... Batman has a whole new meaning... 

Andy 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgs1956 said:

P&O's response is disgraceful. Their response over refunds is unacceptable. They are still requesting payment of balances for cruises that will not go ahead. They are avoiding cancelling cruises past 15 May. They are retaining our money as long as possible. Surely everyone must now realise that P&O are playing a hard game and our sympathy and support for them has went down the pan.

I try to understand, we are all in difficult times and they will be being advised to play this game to potentially save their business. 

Despite their claims, they have never been customer focused, so I wonder why we expect any different now. 

They will do what they like, quoting exceptional circumstances and, in truth, there is absolutely nothing we can do but sit tight and hope...

Now, is it too early for a drink.. 

Andy 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

Did you get an email that looked like the invoice you get when you book a cruise? That’s what I got but it went in my junk folder so I didn’t see it for a few days. 
I took a screenshot of the actual form I submitted because it didn’t look like a confirmation!

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

Did you get an email that looked like the invoice you get when you book a cruise? That’s what I got but it went in my junk folder so I didn’t see it for a few days. 
I took a screenshot of the actual form I submitted because it didn’t look like a confirmation!

No, I've been checking my junk box, but nothing, just the normal one from Russian ladies looking for a good time.

• Haha 1