Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Thanks for all your advice. I paid the total cruise price, no deposit by debit card. Statement shows paid direct to TA. To further complicate I paid a further two payments to TA for Premium Cabin and to choose seats, so three payments.

 

I will give it a few more days and then speak to my bank.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Thanks for all your advice. I paid the total cruise price, no deposit by debit card. Statement shows paid direct to TA. To further complicate I paid a further two payments to TA for Premium Cabin and to choose seats, so three payments.

 

I will give it a few more days and then speak to my bank.

We’ve claimed back on debit card when Flybe went bang the bank sent us the link to the online form straight away didn’t even have to ask for it and all paid out in a few weeks. I’ve just started another claim against easyJet this week but not expecting such a quick result this time. Hopefully won’t have to against P&O but you never know. The online form is easy enough to fill in as well so not to daunting a task it may be worth messaging your bank for the link to it

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a chicken and egg situation, if I started a charge back now against my TA, the odds are before it is sorted out, PO will have refunded me.

 

I am fortunate in that I do not need the money immediately, so I might as well wait it out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received my refund last night at day 53  for our Britannia 9th May cruise had intended to wait till day 60 before contacting P&O Now on day 28 waiting for my Cunard deposit refund, and waiting for the next cancellation announcement as my travel agent is pushing for my payment balance on my Queen Mary 2 cruise in October can’t really transfer the booking till next year as I already have four cruises booked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Just received my refund last night at day 53  for our Britannia 9th May cruise had intended to wait till day 60 before contacting P&O Now on day 28 waiting for my Cunard deposit refund, and waiting for the next cancellation announcement as my travel agent is pushing for my payment balance on my Queen Mary 2 cruise in October can’t really transfer the booking till next year as I already have four cruises booked.

Excellent news.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Just received my refund last night at day 53  for our Britannia 9th May cruise had intended to wait till day 60 before contacting P&O Now on day 28 waiting for my Cunard deposit refund, and waiting for the next cancellation announcement as my travel agent is pushing for my payment balance on my Queen Mary 2 cruise in October can’t really transfer the booking till next year as I already have four cruises booked.

I have been advised to wait until the balance is due, as they might cancel another tranche of cruises by then.  Don't go by the TA date, it's the Cunard date you go by = 90 days before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Sorry to ask this question ( I may be a bit thick ) but I used some Tesco coupons to part pay for my cruise £500 and the rest on my cc , so do I get a complete refund of my cruise or will p & o deduct the double up of my coupons , so loseing the £500 , this is the first time I have ever used Tesco coupons to part pay for a cruise.

Hi Purdey16, from what they told me if you asked for a refund they return the clubcard vouchers to tesco who credit them to your account and refund the cash amount you paid.

Also clubcard vouchers are X3 the value so £5  = £15 on cruise spend

Edited by TinyDavid
additional info
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the first time I’ve posted, although I’ve been following the thread and feel as if I know many of you already. I was booked on Ventura sailing 17th March. I received a cancellation invoice dated 25th March and have today received a cheque for the full amount of the cruise. I’m relieved as I was gearing up to go into battle next Tuesday [emoji16].


Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t get through on the phone so messaged Sarah Wing (thanks for the email) ....l hope I may hear something re my 2 refunds ...one is 71 days from cancellation and one 69 days...fingers crossed.

Felt guilty messaging but I have been patient....watch this space I’ll let you know what happens next 🤞

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jacks17 said:

This is the first time I’ve posted, although I’ve been following the thread and feel as if I know many of you already. I was booked on Ventura sailing 17th March. I received a cancellation invoice dated 25th March and have today received a cheque for the full amount of the cruise. I’m relieved as I was gearing up to go into battle next Tuesday emoji16.png.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great news,it is good to hear more people getting their refunds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi jeanlyon I am worried in case my travel agent says I have defaulted by not paying them on the date they are asking which is June 6th for my cruise October 2nd


I appreciate your concern but I can’t see why the travel agent would be keen for you to be seen as defaulting, especially as P&O would not require the money until the end of June. Maybe a quick call to your TA would be in order.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Canberra forever ! said:

Can’t get through on the phone so messaged Sarah Wing (thanks for the email) ....l hope I may hear something re my 2 refunds ...one is 71 days from cancellation and one 69 days...fingers crossed.

Felt guilty messaging but I have been patient....watch this space I’ll let you know what happens next 🤞

Sarah is good.

If you don't hear anything email again to remind her, don't feel guilty and tell her how long you have patiently waited against Paul Ludlows statement of up to 60 days for Refund.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing quite a few May dated cruises being refunded now. Mine was June 8th so seems to be getting closer to refunding.

‘Only’ on day 30 thus far with zero additional chasing up other than a social media message to confirm they had received my request.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, PandNo Refund said:

Seeing quite a few May dated cruises being refunded now. Mine was June 8th so seems to be getting closer to refunding.

‘Only’ on day 30 thus far with zero additional chasing up other than a social media message to confirm they had received my request.

How on earth can P&O be refunding May cruises, when so many of us are waiting for refunds  for March and April cruises? There appears to be a scattergun approach to the way refunds are being paid. 

Surely by now P&O could have produced a simple spreadsheet, inserted the cruises in date order, together with the relevant refunds to be paid, and processed the payments accordingly? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

How on earth can P&O be refunding May cruises, when so many of us are waiting for refunds  for March and April cruises? There appears to be a scattergun approach to the way refunds are being paid. 

Surely by now P&O could have produced a simple spreadsheet, inserted the cruises in date order, together with the relevant refunds to be paid, and processed the payments accordingly? 

Now you're being logical - you'd never get a job at P&O with that attitude

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had only paid a deposit on my cruise and cancelled due to health reasons on 16/3. My refund was done by P & O on 14/5 and the amount was showing on my credit card 19/5. The cruise I cancelled was for 9/7, so no idea why cruises earlier than mine haven’t been refunded

 

Michelle

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

How on earth can P&O be refunding May cruises, when so many of us are waiting for refunds  for March and April cruises? There appears to be a scattergun approach to the way refunds are being paid. 

Surely by now P&O could have produced a simple spreadsheet, inserted the cruises in date order, together with the relevant refunds to be paid, and processed the payments accordingly? 

Totally agree and something I have been saying for many days. 

 

No wonder customers, like me, are so angry and no matter what you do by hastening, pleading, emailing, messaging etc, it makes no difference. Luck of the draw who gets theirs first

 

Total shambles. I would be ashamed to br associated with them.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone. We've received a refund this week for 26th April cruise on Brittania. We've never emailed or rang P&O to chase as we thought we'd wait till day 60. However our refund is £120 short which must be the deposit. Presume this will arrive separately. You'd think they would have refunded in full to save themselves work!

 

Just thought I'd let you know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Canberra forever ! said:

Can’t get through on the phone so messaged Sarah Wing (thanks for the email) ....l hope I may hear something re my 2 refunds ...one is 71 days from cancellation and one 69 days...fingers crossed.

Felt guilty messaging but I have been patient....watch this space I’ll let you know what happens next 🤞

I sent a message last night to Sarah Wing and this morning received a reply saying my refund went through on 20 May so now waiting for it to reach my credit card.   Hope everyone else is at long last being paid - I had to wait 66 days!

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, wowzz said:

How on earth can P&O be refunding May cruises, when so many of us are waiting for refunds  for March and April cruises? There appears to be a scattergun approach to the way refunds are being paid. 

Surely by now P&O could have produced a simple spreadsheet, inserted the cruises in date order, together with the relevant refunds to be paid, and processed the payments accordingly? 

Sounds far too logical!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...