Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, RockyRose said:

Yes definitely, I have a theory that they are paying out shorter cruises first as less to refund.

Sorry, mine were 19 and 21 nights so it's back to the drawing board!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Sorry, mine were 19 and 21 nights so it's back to the drawing board!

My friends cruise should have been on March 28th, cancelled by P&O the week before. She still hasn't received  her refund but others on her cruise already  have. There's no rhyme nor reason to P&O's mythical system. They're a law unto themselves. 

Avril 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I should have been clearer, it's the same  cruise, I was only due one refund.

I trust you will be holding on to the excess for a similar period.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have just received a cheque for my cancelled 22nd March cruise from P&O! 

They still owe me for excursions though.

 

Need to find a bank now to pay it in. Haven't seen a cheque or been into a branch for about 10 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SalisburyNick said:

Have just received a cheque for my cancelled 22nd March cruise from P&O! 

They still owe me for excursions though.

 

Need to find a bank now to pay it in. Haven't seen a cheque or been into a branch for about 10 years.


You can deposit money into many banks at a Post Office, provided you have a personalised paying in slip.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RockyRose said:

Yes, when do they get to deck 8 on Arcadia

Already refunded for 19 night cruise on Arcadia on Deck 8 inside cabins, so it's not that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, pete14 said:


You can deposit money into many banks at a Post Office, provided you have a personalised paying in slip.

Yes, our problem was didn't have a paying in slip.  Haven't seen a cheque in years.  Luckily they paid by BACS

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, SalisburyNick said:

Have just received a cheque for my cancelled 22nd March cruise from P&O! 

They still owe me for excursions though.

 

Need to find a bank now to pay it in. Haven't seen a cheque or been into a branch for about 10 years.

If you have a banking app on your phone for online banking you can pay it in on the phone 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Already refunded for 19 night cruise on Arcadia on Deck 8 inside cabins, so it's not that.

Like you say, no idea how they are doing the refunds, doesn’t make any sense.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Get-in-there!....Back of the net! Cheque received today! 

They think it's all over - it is now! 

(Applied 16 March for 28 March sailing)

 

However, I will now be ramping up my efforts to gain a refund from MSC, for a 22 April cruise. No communication from them 🙄

Would just like to thank everyone who has shared their experiences, tips and advice on this thread. It has been really helpful and supportive.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. Your turn will come, just hang on in there, and keep your foot on the pedal.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SalisburyNick said:

Have just received a cheque for my cancelled 22nd March cruise from P&O! 

They still owe me for excursions though.

 

Need to find a bank now to pay it in. Haven't seen a cheque or been into a branch for about 10 years.

Congratulations although another 5 days credit for P&O before it clears.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, alpha whiskey said:

Get-in-there!....Back of the net! Cheque received today! 

They think it's all over - it is now! 

(Applied 16 March for 28 March sailing)

 

However, I will now be ramping up my efforts to gain a refund from MSC, for a 22 April cruise. No communication from them 🙄

Would just like to thank everyone who has shared their experiences, tips and advice on this thread. It has been really helpful and supportive.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. Your turn will come, just hang on in there, and keep your foot on the pedal.

 

Great news, really happy for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, SalisburyNick said:

Unfortunately, the Barclays app will only allow cheques of up to £500.

 

Didn’t realise that. My Barclays app says £1,000 but still not enough . 

Edited by staygulf
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes, our problem was didn't have a paying in slip.  Haven't seen a cheque in years.  Luckily they paid by BACS

Strange how they are now sending cheques although with post and clearing it could add 7 days credit for P&O.

Next excuse will be that they have run out of cheques.💷

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wowzz said:

Well, it's about time my ticket got picked !

I got a reply from P&O when I complained that I was still waiting for my refund. They said that every day they put all the cancelled cruise payment requests in a large hat and draw out 100, which they refund. They said any passengers who complain won't even have their requests go in the hat. So there!

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Great news, really happy for you.

Me too, Yipee just checked our bank account and we have won today’s P&O raffle, still awaiting deposit on credit card and shore excursions booked, but at least balance has been returned, only taken them, — days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Already refunded for 19 night cruise on Arcadia on Deck 8 inside cabins, so it's not that.

Jean, it was a JOKE. Referencing the embarkation procedure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...