Jump to content

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, kalos said:

Who said you have to reply straight away Bob , leave them guessing for a week or two?

Then eventually just give them " Sorry but due to my backlog of people wanting payments ,I will sort yours out soon 

as I reasonably can .Please be assured you will be paid back ."    😈:classic_wink:

Tell them to contact your TA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Have today received deposit refund via Bacs

Cancelled 14th March so 77 days.

Have a Med cruise booked for October, which was booked on board, balance due in July.

 

 

 

That's good news you now have your deposit back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

For those that have followed my posts I have had a very nice email from  PO telling me that they had inadvertently repaid my refund twice. They have given me the option to repay by cheque or bank transfer. I think I'll email them back and say I am out of the office for few days and this email address is unattended.

If they sent you a cheque, then surely they can just stop the cheque?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I have no intention repaying them for a long time. It will be interesting how long it takes for their polite requests become more threatening.

 

                                            you-terrible-terrible-person-you-i-like-your-style.jpg.c7855dc1d479fc9e9aa6049d4b477de1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I have no intention repaying them for a long time. It will be interesting how long it takes for their polite requests become more threatening.

You could offer them a voucher.🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

For those that have followed my posts I have had a very nice email from  PO telling me that they had inadvertently repaid my refund twice. They have given me the option to repay by cheque or bank transfer. I think I'll email them back and say I am out of the office for few days and this email address is unattended.

 

I think I would tell them your refund terms are 60 days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

For those that have followed my posts I have had a very nice email from  PO telling me that they had inadvertently repaid my refund twice. They have given me the option to repay by cheque or bank transfer. I think I'll email them back and say I am out of the office for few days and this email address is unattended.

Oh how I wish that had happened to me!
 

So basically you have received an unsolicited payment which, of course, you have assumed to be compensation for the delay and suffering  caused by the delay. If I were you I’d ignore it and when it comes to the crunch ask them to prove it was not meant for you. 

 

I hope you keep us posted of the unfolding drama. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, staygulf said:

Oh how I wish that had happened to me!
 

So basically you have received an unsolicited payment which, of course, you have assumed to be compensation for the delay and suffering  caused by the delay. If I were you I’d ignore it and when it comes to the crunch ask them to prove it was not meant for you. 

 

I hope you keep us posted of the unfolding drama. 

I sincerely hope that was said with tongue-in-cheek 😯

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I sincerely hope that was said with tongue-in-cheek 😯

Certainly not. I’d take it as far as I could. I would let them threaten legal action and then offer to pay it back over a period. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, staygulf said:

Certainly not. I’d take it as far as I could. I would let them threaten legal action and then offer to pay it back over a period. 

A pound a week seems reasonable to me :classic_unsure:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, staygulf said:

Certainly not. I’d take it as far as I could. I would let them threaten legal action and then offer to pay it back over a period. 


By this do you mean “retaining wrongful credit” (1968 Theft Act)?

 

People have done time for that...

 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/7269507.stm

 

However tempting, not worth playing games imo...

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, staygulf said:

Certainly not. I’d take it as far as I could. I would let them threaten legal action and then offer to pay it back over a period. 

I'm stunned. I understand all the frustration over refunds and the desire for some payback but what you're suggesting is underhand.

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, funinhounslow said:


By this do you mean “retaining wrongful credit” (1968 Theft Act)?

 

People have done time for that...

 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/7269507.stm

 

However tempting, not worth playing games imo...

 

But Bob will be paying back Sarah-Jane Lee,  and Amanda Moorcroft, from Blackburn, both admitted theft after spending the cash . They are getting it back I doubt you can be sued for giving money back .

 

Edited by kalos
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, funinhounslow said:


By this do you mean “retaining wrongful credit” (1968 Theft Act)?

 

People have done time for that...

 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/7269507.stm

 

However tempting, not worth playing games imo...

Not the same at all. That case was a bank error. This is a payment which could have a legitimate explanation as I’ve said. If you receive such  a payment there is no obligation to repay unless the payer proves it was a mistake. Rhind v Commercial Bank of Scotland

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, staygulf said:

Not the same at all. That case was a bank error. This is a payment which could have a legitimate explanation as I’ve said. If you receive such  a payment there is no obligation to repay unless the payer proves it was a mistake. Rhind v Commercial Bank of Scotland


But we know it’s a mistake...

 

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

For those that have followed my posts I have had a very nice email from  PO telling me that they had inadvertently repaid my refund twice. 


Is it really worth playing games?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, staygulf said:

Not the same at all. That case was a bank error. This is a payment which could have a legitimate explanation as I’ve said. If you receive such  a payment there is no obligation to repay unless the payer proves it was a mistake. Rhind v Commercial Bank of Scotland

P&O have already sent an email to say that they've made an error, so pleading ignorance certainly wouldn't wash.  

Agree that there should certainly be no rush to repay them though. Would be interesting to see what they'd do. Also makes you wonder how many others they've refunded twice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

P&O have already sent an email to say that they've made an error, so pleading ignorance certainly wouldn't wash.  

Agree that there should certainly be no rush to repay them though. Would be interesting to see what they'd do. Also makes you wonder how many others they've refunded twice. 

Not everything is a court case, but it just depends on what you're  reputation is worth to you. Mine's priceless. 

Avril 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, funinhounslow said:


No it’s for the poster giving you dodgy legal advice...

Which I know you've no intention of taking. You were just going to make them wait a while😈😆

Avril 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...