CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

I`ve had my refund !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I`m happy now as I was starting to feel forgotten about by P&O....

Can draw a line under it now and await the new brochure to see if a same or similiar itinerary comes up for Summer 2022...

• Like 4

On 5/29/2020 at 4:46 PM, Snow Hill said:

Day 61, my wife enquired why we hadn’t received the refund for 3rd leg of cruise despite putting in refund on same day as other 2 legs and having that confirmed by the dodgy email & “invoice” Appears that it may have been missed as they say they only received refund request for first 2, good job we kept a screenshot of forms before submitting. They now say we will get remainIng £3k on Tuesday it’s being escalated. 

We will wait and see.

I appreciate staff maybe working remotely but P&O Systems are a mess and need a good shake up. 

Day 66, my wife finally got through to P&O and news not good, despite insisting we had requested refund at the same time as first of the 2 back to back cruises, the agent insisted there was no record and that she would submit the form again for us, but it could be up to 60 days before we get it, so in total it would be 120 days. 

With lockdown and everything this is getting my wife depressed, but P&O doesn’t care, it’s their mistake, but they appear not to want to rectify it. As it stands currently I would not want to sail with them again. 

Greetings all, 

On behalf of those who where actually on a Cruise in March...............

We left Southampton on Aurora (R003) on 11 March on a Cruise to Norway

and the Northern Lights.  Informed that Norway had closed all of its Ports

and turned around in the North Sea getting back to Southampton on 16 March.

We were told we would get our money back and that there was no need to

submit a claim for a refund.

My question is have all of the passengers on all of the other P & O Cruise

Ships that were cruising in March had their money back or am I the only (poor)

one left waiting for our money back?

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Day 66, my wife finally got through to P&O and news not good, despite insisting we had requested refund at the same time as first of the 2 back to back cruises, the agent insisted there was no record and that she would submit the form again for us, but it could be up to 60 days before we get it, so in total it would be 120 days. 

With lockdown and everything this is getting my wife depressed, but P&O doesn’t care, it’s their mistake, but they appear not to want to rectify it. As it stands currently I would not want to sail with them again. 

That is shocking, even by current P&O standards.  There are other examples on Facebook and Twitter of people being told exactly the same.

Really sorry this is getting your wife down and how miserable antics like this are making holidays, which are supposed to be pleasurable.

The only suggestions I have for you would to be to (if you have the wish to push it faster):

-- claim back on the credit/debit card; unlikely that the process would take at least 60 days.

-- complain about P&Os poor administration formally to Guest Services.  Contact them and insist on the 14 days, which is your legal right at the end of the day, and is wholly reasonable in your case.  They cannot insist on 60 days from here.

-- if you can, check your search history on your computer to prove (along with a screenshot of you have it, that the refund was requested first time).

There are various other ways of pursuing, but hopefully that gives you a route.  Do agree that the whole thing is tiring, depressing, and indicative of a real sharp fall in what used to be good customer service - good luck

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, englebert said:

Greetings all, 

On behalf of those who where actually on a Cruise in March.........

I am still waiting to be refunded for pre- cruise purchases having cancelled on 15th March, so today is day 80.  However, I have received the main cruise refund for my Ventura cruise in March.

There are examples now on P&O Facebook of waits approaching 90 days for March.

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Good Morning Snow Hill - I think that scenario has happened quite frequently. I am on day 79 today and actually got through to P.O yesterday evening by purporting to want to book a cruise on the phone options. Explained that I would very much like to book a cruise however wanted information regarding the March 20th cancellation first. Details given then LONG wait on hold whilst she spoke to a manager. They said the refund application only received on 16th MAY - Travel agent said they had a cancellation confirmation from P.O on 23rd March, having cancelled on 16th March. I questioned this with P.O who surprisingly said they didn't know anything about the 23rd March confirmation. At least I wont be checking the credit card online every day now with child like exitement. When  first cancelled I naively though that the refund would be back on my card within couple of weeks and that I  wouldn't have to pay the card bill for March . Just paid the card balance for May. 

9 hours ago, cruisefan2012 said:

I`ve had my refund !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I`m happy now as I was starting to feel forgotten about by P&O....

Can draw a line under it now and await the new brochure to see if a same or similiar itinerary comes up for Summer 2022...

Great news,it is a relief I know when the refund appears.

• Like 1

I really do hope that "the dog ate your original refund form," doesn't become the standard excuse - pathetic and what's the point of escalation if that doesn't qualify?

From what I can see, where this lost form is said to have happened, the date of the refund being "re-requested" appears to align with the reported "new IT system" being installed and/or TAs were starting to get more heat from frustrated passengers.

Assuming that they do not use pen and paper, I'm beginning to wonder if this is what is called in IT circles a "migration issue."  I don't know this of course, but might be an explanation?

Edited by No pager thank you
Typo

18 minutes ago, miniyorkie said:

Good Morning Snow Hill - I think that scenario has happened quite frequently. I am on day 79 today and actually got through to P.O yesterday evening by purporting to want to book a cruise on the phone options. Explained that I would very much like to book a cruise however wanted information regarding the March 20th cancellation first. Details given then LONG wait on hold whilst she spoke to a manager. They said the refund application only received on 16th MAY - Travel agent said they had a cancellation confirmation from P.O on 23rd March, having cancelled on 16th March. I questioned this with P.O who surprisingly said they didn't know anything about the 23rd March confirmation. At least I wont be checking the credit card online every day now with child like exitement. When  first cancelled I naively though that the refund would be back on my card within couple of weeks and that I  wouldn't have to pay the card bill for March . Just paid the card balance for May. 

I had several email conversations with guest relations representatives with promises but when I spoke to someone at P&O they said there was no conversations added to my file.

In the end I had to be quite assertive but polite to get our refund escalated but at least the lady who got our refund for us was excellent.

Hopefully yours will be with you soon.

Graham

38 minutes ago, tiree said:

We are also waiting on our refund for the maiden voyage of Iona.  Now on day 80 of waiting, despite our friends receiving their refund this week.  Have been trying to phone P & O since 9.15 this morning, but no luck.  Will now just revert to sending them a letter, can’t even get through to Bolsover our t/a.  Feeling the same as everyone else about this.

I fear that the issue may be with your TA as most of us who were booked on the Iona Maiden seem to have received our refunds some time ago. I made two bookings for that cruise and received both refunds at day 45. Bookings were direct with P&O and were escalated after I enquired as to progress. Friends of ours used the same TA as you as they usually have an excellent reputation, but have had major problems over a refund and won’t be using them again. 

Edited by Selbourne

2 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Friends of ours used the same TA as you as they usually have an excellent reputation, but have had major problems over a refund and won’t be using them again. 

Not trying to necessarily defend any particular TA, but the refund comes from P&O,  and you, as the customer apply for the refund yourself. The process is the same if you book direct or through a TA. Not sure where the TA comes into the equation when it comes to refunds.

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Not trying to necessarily defend any particular TA, but the refund comes from P&O,  and you, as the customer apply for the refund yourself. The process is the same if you book direct or through a TA. Not sure where the TA comes into the equation when it comes to refunds.

Other than the fact that those who booked via TA’s seem to be waiting a lot longer than those who booked direct and there seems to be an added level of complications as well. There are exceptions, of course, but I’m generalising based upon my observations within this (very long) thread. 

8 minutes ago, wowzz said:

That’s the nub of the problem. In order to protect their cash flow they are promoting FCC over refunds. The package  travel regulations provide that if a cruise is cancelled they MUST issue a refund within 14 days. No question of the customer having to claim a refund. 

15 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Other than the fact that those who booked via TA’s seem to be waiting a lot longer than those who booked direct and there seems to be an added level of complications as well. There are exceptions, of course, but I’m generalising based upon my observations within this (very long) thread. 

At the very start of the cancellations no one, including P&O seemed to know what the refund process would be, so those who booked via a TA obviously used them as the initial contact. Eventually P&O decided they would do the entire process themselves, and inevitably some of the TA customers did not have their refund claims follow the new process. 

I believe that many of TAs did not really follow through with their customers and ensure their refund requests were in the new system, but as P&O were no longer discussing refunds with them, it is perhaps understandable.

Hopefully both parties will have learned lessons from this fiasco.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Wowzz. Yes that seems to have been one of the issues but when I spoke to my  T.A initially I specifically  asked if I needed to do anything and they said NO that they would deal with the cancellation.in hindsight yes had I known the complete farce to follow then  I would have completed the required form myself. 

28 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Selbourne - I don't think P&O are sophisticated enough to adopt a dual refund strategy!

The number of actual contributors to this thread is relatively small in the scale of things, and I think it is dangerous to assume too much from a small sample.

If you look at other social media sites, with a much larger contributor base than CC, the complaints about refund delays are just as common from those that booked direct as those that booked through a TA. 

• Like 1

Yes Selbourne, agree with your thoughts that it seems my TA has not handled this very  well right at the beginning. It was them who said they would submit my request direct to P&O, all they wanted from me was a confirmation email confirming my request.  As time marched on and phone calls to both my TA and P&O proved to be unsatisfactory,  I then submitted my own request direct using the form on  the P&O website, which was acknowledged by them.  However I now feel that my request has gone to the bottom of the pile, but I will keep trying.   Hard lesson learned re the TA used.

I booked through my TA,. but because of age and conditions, and the TA telling me I might do better myself, I emailed Ludlow's office and was rung by Helen.  That was 12th March.  So I think the TAs are having difficulty with P&O as well, and also a lot of their staff are furloughed.

4 hours ago, englebert said:

Greetings all, 

On behalf of those who where actually on a Cruise in March...............

We left Southampton on Aurora (R003) on 11 March on a Cruise to Norway

and the Northern Lights.  Informed that Norway had closed all of its Ports

and turned around in the North Sea getting back to Southampton on 16 March.

We were told we would get our money back and that there was no need to

submit a claim for a refund.

We had our refund for this cruise a few weeks ago.It does appear that quite a few  people have received their refund for this cruise.You are correct in thinking it was not necessary to complete the online form. Have you contacted P and O?Hope you receive your refund soon

4 hours ago, Selbourne said:

I fear that the issue may be with your TA as most of us who were booked on the Iona Maiden seem to have received our refunds some time ago. I made two bookings for that cruise and received both refunds at day 45. Bookings were direct with P&O and were escalated after I enquired as to progress. Friends of ours used the same TA as you as they usually have an excellent reputation, but have had major problems over a refund and won’t be using them again. 

See my comment above. # 3225

Edited by Solent Richard

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

Selbourne - I don't think P&O are sophisticated enough to adopt a dual refund strategy!

The number of actual contributors to this thread is relatively small in the scale of things, and I think it is dangerous to assume too much from a small sample.

If you look at other social media sites, with a much larger contributor base than CC, the complaints about refund delays are just as common from those that booked direct as those that booked through a TA. 

Sensible comment which I agree with entirely, particularly the contributor base analysis.

1643528123_ArcadiaberthedatSaguenay.jpg.f532aef228058f8de1cc7a78bcfc8968.jpg

I just got a feedback from a friend of mine who works in a bank. (wont tell what bank it is due to safety reasons) but according to him all this refund "payments" go through a different protocol. It requires information collected from the cruise company which has to be later approved. I think it has something to do with tax policies