Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, NoFlyGuy said:

 

14 days should be 14 days pre Covid If you want the entire hospitality sector to go out of business then go ahead and insist on your rights. Millions worldwide have died and will continual do so both here and elsewhere, I will get my refund eventually and have posted before I don't need it to get ends meet like some others.

Bottom line is the world is different place to what is was just 3 months ago.

Get used to the new reality, it's not nice but it is.

Are you suggesting that millions have died from Covid-19? If so where do you get your information from? Do you know something that the rest of us don’t?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NoFlyGuy said:

 

14 days should be 14 days pre Covid If you want the entire hospitality sector to go out of business then go ahead and insist on your rights. Millions worldwide have died and will continual do so both here and elsewhere, I will get my refund eventually and have posted before I don't need it to get ends meet like some others.

Bottom line is the world is different place to what is was just 3 months ago.

Get used to the new reality, it's not nice but it is.

We waited patiently 66 days for our P&O Azura March 20 refund.

We took a FCC for our June 7th RCL Allure deposit.

easyJet flights we booked and paid for 12 months ago

to Barcelona for Allure sailing have promised a refund in 28 days.

Our pre- cruise hotel in Barcelona for June 5-7 was non refundable and when I emailed them last week they credited our money in

2 days Yes Two Days.

We have had 54 cruises 51 in balcony, Junior Suite or Suite cabins so have contributed to cruise line profits and not desperate but I feel sorry for people who have lost jobs or furloughed and finding things tough and still have waited patiently for 60 days for their money back which by law is 14 days.

Yes it is a new world and most of us acknowledge this in a responsible way.

Cruise companies have made massive profits for years and had many new ships built for them so really should have contingency plans and cash reserves in place and not treat their passengers in a disrespectful way over refunds.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We waited patiently 66 days for our P&O Azura March 20 refund.

We took a FCC for our June 7th RCL Allure deposit.

easyJet flights we booked and paid for 12 months ago

to Barcelona for Allure sailing have promised a refund in 28 days.

Our pre- cruise hotel in Barcelona for June 5-7 was non refundable and when I emailed them last week they credited our money in

2 days Yes Two Days.

We have had 54 cruises 51 in balcony, Junior Suite or Suite cabins so have contributed to cruise line profits and not desperate but I feel sorry for people who have lost jobs or furloughed and finding things tough and still have waited patiently for 60 days for their money back which by law is 14 days.

Yes it is a new world and most of us acknowledge this in a responsible way.

Cruise companies have made massive profits for years and had many new ships built for them so really should have contingency plans and cash reserves in place and not treat their passengers in a disrespectful way over refunds.

 

I sympathise with everyone waiting for their refunds, but regardless of how much past profits were made, and because they keep borrowing millions to have new ships built to keep us amazed, is the very reason they do not have a stockpile of cash to cover all their outgoings caused by the virus shutdown.

All companies rely on a steady flow of income to keep their businesses running, and P&O and all other cruise lines have almost no income at present. So it's hardly surprising that they are being a little tardy in paying out all the millions needed to finance the refunds.

I am just amazed that none of them have as yet thrown in the towel and declared themselves insolvent, which is basically the position of much of the travel industry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Fantastic news.

 

3 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Not P&O, but got refund from Cunard on day 80 today

 

P&O refund  60 days on 16 June,  but expect a little late

Link to post
Share on other sites

Refund for trips and Epicurean paid into my bank today for Iona maiden. No phone calls, emails or threats of legal action needed. Took a long time though! Used FCC for cruise cost to book for August 2021 so all settled now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I sympathise with everyone waiting for their refunds, but regardless of how much past profits were made, and because they keep borrowing millions to have new ships built to keep us amazed, is the very reason they do not have a stockpile of cash to cover all their outgoings caused by the virus shutdown.

All companies rely on a steady flow of income to keep their businesses running, and P&O and all other cruise lines have almost no income at present. So it's hardly surprising that they are being a little tardy in paying out all the millions needed to finance the refunds.

I am just amazed that none of them have as yet thrown in the towel and declared themselves insolvent, which is basically the position of much of the travel industry.

I think everyone has been patient even though P&O could have been a lot more transparent and kept customers better informed.

As seen with TC,Shearings,Flybe etc anybody can go bust and probably some might still in the holiday business.

Our local Frankie and Benny's at Dalton Park is 1 of the 120 F&B that will not be reopening and the hospitality industry is being badly affected too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Refund for trips and Epicurean paid into my bank today for Iona maiden. No phone calls, emails or threats of legal action needed. Took a long time though! Used FCC for cruise cost to book for August 2021 so all settled now.

Great news Pete.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Refund for trips and Epicurean paid into my bank today for Iona maiden. No phone calls, emails or threats of legal action needed. Took a long time though! Used FCC for cruise cost to book for August 2021 so all settled now.


That’s encouraging, as I am still waiting for over £150 refund for Select Dining reservations for the Iona Maiden, booked through Cruise Personaliser, and you are the first person to report receiving a refund, so hopefully mine will follow shortly. Like you I haven’t chased at all, but I am keen to get it as it’s the last money outstanding from my long list of cancelled cruises, holidays, theatre bookings, rail tickets etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Selbourne said:


That’s encouraging, as I am still waiting for over £150 refund for Select Dining reservations for the Iona Maiden, booked through Cruise Personaliser, and you are the first person to report receiving a refund, so hopefully mine will follow shortly. Like you I haven’t chased at all, but I am keen to get it as it’s the last money outstanding from my long list of cancelled cruises, holidays, theatre bookings, rail tickets etc


STOP PRESS - Having posted in response to pete14, I just checked my credit card account again (having checked just a few hours ago) and, lo and behold, my Cruise Personaliser refunds have been received, 65 days after requesting them. What a relief. I can now put this whole sorry affair behind me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Selbourne said:


STOP PRESS - Having posted in response to pete14, I just checked my credit card account again (having checked just a few hours ago) and, lo and behold, my Cruise Personaliser refunds have been received, 65 days after requesting them. What a relief. I can now put this whole sorry affair behind me. 

Brilliant news Selbourne

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Selbourne said:


STOP PRESS - Having posted in response to pete14, I just checked my credit card account again (having checked just a few hours ago) and, lo and behold, my Cruise Personaliser refunds have been received, 65 days after requesting them. What a relief. I can now put this whole sorry affair behind me. 

Congratulations Selborne... 

It's funny how you quickly forget the frustration.. 

We have booked on Iona for December 2021 despite vowing to look elsewhere... I know, I'm weak😊

Andy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Congratulations Selborne... 

It's funny how you quickly forget the frustration.. 

We have booked on Iona for December 2021 despite vowing to look elsewhere... I know, I'm weak😊

Andy 

New ship,good choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Congratulations Selborne... 

It's funny how you quickly forget the frustration.. 

We have booked on Iona for December 2021 despite vowing to look elsewhere... I know, I'm weak😊

Andy 


Andy, that wouldn’t be the Iberia cruise leaving Nov 27 and returning Dec 11 would it? If so, our paths may cross as we booked it late last year.

Edited by pete14
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Congratulations Selborne... 

It's funny how you quickly forget the frustration.. 

We have booked on Iona for December 2021 despite vowing to look elsewhere... I know, I'm weak😊

Andy 


We are wary of booking any cruise until we are vaccinated and social distancing is a thing of the past, but if we take another cruise with P&O it will almost certainly be on Iona, outside school holidays! However, after almost 25 years of cruising exclusively with P&O we are now tempted to look elsewhere. We’d love to try a luxury line but they rarely cruise form the UK so may try grill class on Cunard or maybe Celebrity, which seems to have a lot of support from P&O passengers. I’m not saying ‘never again’ with P&O, as most, if not all, cruise lines have behaved the same way, but this has left a bad taste in the mouth and I can bear a grudge! 20 years or so ago we had a nightmare experience with British Airways and that, coupled with the fact that they withdrew Concorde from service just as we were getting to the stage in life where we could have afforded to fly on it, resulted in me boycotting them and I have never flown with them since 😂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Selbourne said:


We are wary of booking any cruise until we are vaccinated and social distancing is a thing of the past, but if we take another cruise with P&O it will almost certainly be on Iona, outside school holidays! However, after almost 25 years of cruising exclusively with P&O we are now tempted to look elsewhere. We’d love to try a luxury line but they rarely cruise form the UK so may try grill class on Cunard or maybe Celebrity, which seems to have a lot of support from P&O passengers. I’m not saying ‘never again’ with P&O, as most, if not all, cruise lines have behaved the same way, but this has left a bad taste in the mouth and I can bear a grudge! 20 years or so ago we had a nightmare experience with British Airways and that, coupled with the fact that they withdrew Concorde from service just as we were getting to the stage in life where we could have afforded to fly on it, resulted in me boycotting them and I have never flown with them since 😂 

These were my thoughts a couple of weeks back, then we saw a fantastic offer with a low deposit, so will take our chances.. 

As I said, I'm weak.. 😊

Andy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, pete14 said:


Andy, that wouldn’t be the Iberia cruise leaving Nov 27 and returning Dec 11 would it? If so, our paths may cross as we booked it late last year.

No, we get on as you get off. 

I will pop down and buy you a going away drink before you board. 

Andy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

These were my thoughts a couple of weeks back, then we saw a fantastic offer with a low deposit, so will take our chances.. 

As I said, I'm weak.. 😊

Andy 

Ships and crew are great and you are right to try the new ship as are we hopefully next year as the Refund debacle is not their fault.

Usually we have little or no contact with their Corporate office anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

No, we get on as you get off. 

I will pop down and buy you a going away drink before you board. 

Andy 


I’ll make sure she is thoroughly ready before you get on but as my brother in law will be with us, they may have to stock up on Peroni to cater for your needs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pete14 said:

Refund for trips and Epicurean paid into my bank today for Iona maiden. No phone calls, emails or threats of legal action needed. Took a long time though! Used FCC for cruise cost to book for August 2021 so all settled now.

Glad that today has brought good news for Selbourne and for you Pete.

 

I checked to see if the small amounts might have gone out as a cluster, sadly not; day 82, nothing.

 

Haven't even had a P&O double-refund, or even an email promise of one, boo!! 😤

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, No pager thank you said:

Glad that today has brought good news for Selbourne and for you Pete.

 

I checked to see if the small amounts might have gone out as a cluster, sadly not; day 82, nothing.

 

Haven't even had a P&O double-refund, or even an email promise of one, boo!! 😤


I didn’t get an email and it seems as though Selborne didn’t either. Mind you, you can’t spend an email. 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, pete14 said:


I didn’t get an email and it seems as though Selborne didn’t either. Mind you, you can’t spend an email. 😊


I received 2 emails yesterday to say that my two full cruise refunds were being processed, even though I received them weeks ago, but no email to say that my Cruise Personaliser refunds were being processed, which I did receive yesterday! You couldn’t make it up. Living in hope that my cruises will be refunded twice. As I have no religious beliefs, so don’t believe in heaven, if I get them twice then they are mine, all mine 😂 

Link to post
Share on other sites

0k finally got my refund today for my cancelled cruise of 23 March. There is a disconnect in communication between customer services and the refunders that has added to my frustration. This does P&O no credit at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thecatcher said:

0k finally got my refund today for my cancelled cruise of 23 March. There is a disconnect in communication between customer services and the refunders that has added to my frustration. This does P&O no credit at all.

Great news you finally have your refund.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a refund to my CC late last night. It was for shore excursion to Monaco for GP. Quick call to bank to transfer. 

Day 62. That means i've got everything back now😃

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...