CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

1 hour ago, Dave K said:

Got a refund to my CC late last night. It was for shore excursion to Monaco for GP. Quick call to bank to transfer. 

Day 62. That means i've got everything back now😃

👍 Great news.

Day 70 and we had a refund......... of the £50 that they forgot to include in the first refund paid over a week ago, my wife complained about that on Monday when she asked why we were still waiting for the remainder of our refunds for back to back cruises. The £50 related to specific seat bookings in the outward bound flight to Malta. 

Seems they can process a £50 refund quickly, but not one for almost £4K.  😡

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 1

Well, P&O may have upset all of us .by making us wait a very long time to get our own money back but it seems that the stock exchange is happy with the situation.

So far today Carnival shares have gone up by over 20per cent or over 2pounds a share.

Viv

• Like 1

I don't understand the stock markets at all.  Here we are in this crisis, economy in dire straits, USA has protests, 13.3%  unemployment and the markets are flying.  Not to mention the 26 trillion deficit they have over there. Bizaree.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I don't understand the stock markets at all.  Here we are in this crisis, economy in dire straits, USA has protests, 13.3%  unemployment and the markets are flying.  Not to mention the 26 trillion deficit they have over there. Bizaree.

Stock markets always look to the future, and holidays are now on the horizon, and people are going back to work and shops open in a week; so the future looks brighter than the past, result stock market goes up.

39 minutes ago, Twogreynomads said:

Well, P&O may have upset all of us .by making us wait a very long time to get our own money back but it seems that the stock exchange is happy with the situation.

So far today Carnival shares have gone up by over 20per cent or over 2pounds a share.

Viv

If they go up another £25 a share I  will be a happy (and amazed) chap!

Edited by wowzz

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I think you are getting your currencies wrong. Shares are currently trading at £14.31  a share. 

I think you have mistaken the £2 for the share price instead of the increase. I can see nothing wrong with the currency quoted. 

Just now, staygulf said:

I think you have mistaken the £2 for the share price instead of the increase. I can see nothing wrong with the currency quoted. 

Sorry - I misread your post, and tried to delete it, but was too late. My apologies. You are one hundred per cent correct.

I can only say that my mistake may have been caused by the amount of the rise in the share price!

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Sorry - I misread your post, and tried to delete it, but was too late. My apologies. You are one hundred per cent correct.

I can only say that my mistake may have been caused by the amount of the rise in the share price!

No problem, but it wasn’t my post 😊

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Jean - I am entirely with you on this. In a way, I’m not complaining, as I lost a fortune on my investments when the markets crashed a few months ago and assumed that it would take many years to recover, yet I have recovered over half my losses already in a matter of weeks. However, we are still very much at the bottom of the curve with this mess, with pretty much everything still locked down, the economy crashed, massive recession if not depression, benefits being paid out that, due to the scale of them, will impact on the next generation and unemployment heading towards levels that we haven’t seen for many decades. In spite of all of this the markets are valuing businesses (in total) at levels that roughly equate to where they were around 2 years ago when things were all pretty stable. I discussed this with my Financial Advisor earlier this week and we both feel that the markets are overheated and likely to re-correct once key data starts to emerge from July that shows the scale of the problems we now face. We are looking at de-risking, having taken much of the recent upside, and then reviewing again once some reality kicks in. 

Edited by Selbourne
  • Like 3

Yes my husband is an ex-City Gent and explained that markets looks to the future.  BUT he expects the US market to crash and very badly - he just doesn't know when.  Trump is a nightmare.  67% now don't support him.  Maybe the market is looking forward to him losing?

• Like 2

Yes my husband is an ex-City Gent and explained that markets looks to the future.  BUT he expects the US market to crash and very badly - he just doesn't know when.  Trump is a nightmare.  67% now don't support him.  Maybe the market is looking forward to him losing?
How do you think the stock market will react to the election results?

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Jean - I am entirely with you on this. In a way, I’m not complaining, as I lost a fortune on my investments when the markets crashed a few months ago and assumed that it would take many years to recover, yet I have recovered over half my losses already in a matter of weeks. However, we are still very much at the bottom of the curve with this mess, with pretty much everything still locked down, the economy crashed, massive recession if not depression, benefits being paid out that, due to the scale of them, will impact on the next generation and unemployment heading towards levels that we haven’t seen for many decades. In spite of all of this the markets are valuing businesses (in total) at levels that roughly equate to where they were around 2 years ago when things were all pretty stable. I discussed this with my Financial Advisor earlier this week and we both feel that the markets are overheated and likely to re-correct once key data starts to emerge from July that shows the scale of the problems we now face. We are looking at de-risking, having taken much of the recent upside, and then reviewing again once some reality kicks in. 

You may well be right. Markets tend to overreact on both the downside and upside.

Generally they tend to look ahead  at how they think things will be like maybe 6 months to a year ahead.

If you look at individual share prices they are still extremely volatile with movements up to 10% a day, similar to during the financial crisis.

I've made a few small adjustments to our holdings but am basically just sitting tight.

In the short term the loss of dividend income is more of a problem to us than the capital value of our holdings. It's the dividend income that pays for about half of our holidays.

Just to be advised it looks like Carnival will drop out of the FTSE 100 at the next rejig which 'usually' has a detrimental affect on the share price as some funds have to sell their holdings. 

the way that carnival and other cruise stock prices are zooming, their shareholders and smart investors expect that they will soon be back in business.
probably by mid October or even earlier

41 minutes ago, NoFlyGuy said:

You may well be right. Markets tend to overreact on both the downside and upside.

Generally they tend to look ahead  at how they think things will be like maybe 6 months to a year ahead.

If you look at individual share prices they are still extremely volatile with movements up to 10% a day, similar to during the financial crisis.

I've made a few small adjustments to our holdings but am basically just sitting tight.

In the short term the loss of dividend income is more of a problem to us than the capital value of our holdings. It's the dividend income that pays for about half of our holidays.

Just to be advised it looks like Carnival will drop out of the FTSE 100 at the next rejig which 'usually' has a detrimental affect on the share price as some funds have to sell their holdings. 

During my corporate life I had reasonable shareholding’s in individual companies and, sadly, none of them ended well. Now I’m spread across diverse managed portfolios where no individual company, or sector can cause me a major headache. Global downturns are, of course, a different matter! Thankfully, I’ve never bought any shares in Carnival.

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 8:54 PM, staygulf said:

Are you suggesting that millions have died from Covid-19? If so where do you get your information from? Do you know something that the rest of us don’t?

No, but I have a little bit of common sense!

Maybe I should have left the 's' off of my millions.

Official figures quote 395,336.

Even our ONS estimate that our numbers are greater than the 40k plus official. Multiply that just around Europe which has been badly hit and the numbers start to escalate.

Then do you really believe the figures that are coming out from countries like China (where it started), Russia. Just look at Russia they quote 449.834 cases but just 5528 deaths. Is the Russian health system that good? Or is it just to make Putin look good?.

Africa, not many deaths recorded. Do you really believe their figures given many of their countries have very poor health facilities and can't cope with far more manageable diseases compared with the west.

Latin and South America reported cases mounting but again health services in most cases lacking.

So yes, I do believe the real  death toll is over a million by now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drsel said:

the way that carnival and other cruise stock prices are zooming, their shareholders and smart investors expect that they will soon be back in business.
probably by mid October or even earlier

How do you reach that conclusion!

zooming and smart in this market place, nonsense!

Cash is King!

I've always thought Africa and underdeveloped countries would have less deaths. It's logical when you look at who the disease targets. Old people with multiple health issues. In places with poor health care these people are already dead. Therefore countries with more old and ill are going to have more cases.

• Like 1

Just now, happy v said:

I've always thought Africa and underdeveloped countries would have less deaths. It's logical when you look at who the disease targets. Old people with multiple health issues. In places with poor health care these people are already dead. Therefore countries with more old and ill are going to have more cases.

There is maybe a possibility, that needs to be looked at by those with the knowledge of the science, that in some countries people live, meet and socailise outside, more then we do in the UK

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

During my corporate life I had reasonable shareholding’s in individual companies and, sadly, none of them ended well. Now I’m spread across diverse managed portfolios where no individual company, or sector can cause me a major headache. Global downturns are, of course, a different matter! Thankfully, I’ve never bought any shares in Carnival.

My approach as well. A balanced portfolio using various investment trusts,  so that, although you will not benefit to the same effect when markets rise, you are also sheltered when markets fall. 

8 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Seems they can process a £50 refund quickly, but not one for almost £4K.  

How annoying...another piece of evidence for the, "there is no coherent and consistent refund strategy," pile - hope that your number comes up in tomorrow's lucky draw.

My raffle ticket has been in the box a good while now...mind you I've never won a raffle on P&O so I'm not surprised😒