CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

2 hours ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

Ah thanks, that’s good to know. My payment is supposed to be a cheque too. Did your email go to your junk box? That’s where all my P&O email seem to go. 

No it went straight to my inbox.

Heres hoping the cheque goes straight to my letterbox😁😁

5 hours ago, Selbourne said:

I’m a bit confused as the Iona Maiden Cruise wasn’t cancelled until 30th March, so that’s the earliest date that you could have applied for a 100% cash refund. I applied for a full refund on 31st March and received the money after 45 days, although an enquiry as to how long I could expect to wait resulted in my refund being escalated.

As my husband was over 70 we were offered a full refund when the government advised that over 70's were advised not to travel on cruises which was prior to the Maiden cruise being cancelled.

• Like 1

To update:

-- Delays of 90 days or more are now being experienced by some passengers with outstanding March Refunds.  This has caused the word "approximately" to be used by P&O Cruises in relation to the 60 day time limit they recently decided was reasonable.  Feels like "up to" has been dropped now as the party line. 

Day 88 for my outstanding part refund.

-- More evidence of poor customer service from P&O call handlers.  My experience has not been this bad of them (just generally fobbed off, ignored/delayed response and spun nonsense in a polite way), as reported here, but to share the other view - for balance.

For example, if you choose to review Trustpilot then you will see how some customers are being allegedly treated and subject to specific, rude, treatment - appalling if true, and I do not have sympathy if this is the case, sorry.  Of course, it's up to you to form your own views of the right, wrongs and legitimacy of these reports, however, things do not appear to be getting better, certainly across the board.  

Also for balance, and on the basis that the whole process is largely accepted as being daft and illogical - has anyone received a refund yet for the August onward cancellations?

3 minutes ago, Pottery Steve said:

My cruise on the IONA was cancelled by P&O so I filled out the on-line refund form. Yesterday I received a refund of 95% of the total value. Does anyone know why they have held back the 5%?

Did you book through a travel agent? It may well be the travel agents commission. Was any reason shown on your cancellation invoice?

Edited by PRINCESSTHE BEST

3 minutes ago, Pottery Steve said:

My cruise on the IONA was cancelled by P&O so I filled out the on-line refund form. Yesterday I received a refund of 95% of the total value. Does anyone know why they have held back the 5%?

Hello, it may be that you paid a 5% deposit, and then 95% balance. 

You are entitled to all monies back but they are processed separately.  Did you, by chance, pay the deposit on another card?  If not, give it a day or two as it may be clearing.

If this doesn't answer and further to response above, chase up.

24 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

To update:

-- Delays of 90 days or more are now being experienced by some passengers with outstanding March Refunds.  This has caused the word "approximately" to be used by P&O Cruises in relation to the 60 day time limit they recently decided was reasonable.  Feels like "up to" has been dropped now as the party line. 

Day 88 for my outstanding part refund.

-- More evidence of poor customer service from P&O call handlers.  My experience has not been this bad of them (just generally fobbed off, ignored/delayed response and spun nonsense in a polite way), as reported here, but to share the other view - for balance.

For example, if you choose to review Trustpilot then you will see how some customers are being allegedly treated and subject to specific, rude, treatment - appalling if true, and I do not have sympathy if this is the case, sorry.  Of course, it's up to you to form your own views of the right, wrongs and legitimacy of these reports, however, things do not appear to be getting better, certainly across the board.  

Also for balance, and on the basis that the whole process is largely accepted as being daft and illogical - has anyone received a refund yet for the August onward cancellations?

I've received cancellation invoices for my two August cruises and the cruise personalisers have been shut down, but no refund yet.

Edited by PRINCESSTHE BEST
  • Like 1

Cruise IONA June 13th

P&O cancelled the cruise

Filed for refund on April 23rd

Received two separate payments, Deposit and Remaining Cruise balance

Payment was by direct deposit

We are whole after 49 days exactly to the penny.

All clear June 11th 2020.

Account closed with P&O

😎

21 minutes ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

Did you book through a travel agent? It may well be the travel agents commission. Was any reason shown on your cancellation invoice?

No I booked direct to P&O. The cancellation invoice showed the full amount.

Edited by Pottery Steve
Added info

Well !!

I really hit the jackpot with this morning's post. The first envelope contained my renewed driving license which I only applied for on line on Monday. The second contained a cheque for £25 from premium bonds and the final envelope had a cheque from Carnival for my last outstanding claim. This was for Arcadia to Norway on 28th July and the claim took 47 days.

I left my claims in the hands of my very helpful TA ( rhymes with ways ) and did not contact P&O at all.

I now need to go and have a lie down.

Viv

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Twogreynomads said:

Well !!

I really hit the jackpot with this morning's post. The first envelope contained my renewed driving license which I only applied for on line on Monday. The second contained a cheque for £25 from premium bonds and the final envelope had a cheque from Carnival for my last outstanding claim. This was for Arcadia to Norway on 28th July and the claim took 47 days.

I left my claims in the hands of my very helpful TA ( rhymes with ways ) and did not contact P&O at all.

Viv

They say good luck comes in threes - well done Viv🚢💸🚙

At the moment, I'd take one slice of good fortune 🤣

1 hour ago, No pager thank you said:

Hello, it may be that you paid a 5% deposit, and then 95% balance. 

You are entitled to all monies back but they are processed separately.  Did you, by chance, pay the deposit on another card?  If not, give it a day or two as it may be clearing.

If this doesn't answer and further to response above, chase up.

Yes I think that this is what it must be. I'll wait a couple of days and see what happens.  Thank You.

1 hour ago, PompeySailor said:

Cruise IONA June 13th

P&O cancelled the cruise

Account closed with P&O

😎

Good to hear.  I filed 4 days after you but for the cruise before.  I should be breathing the fjord fresh air right now- although according to my weather app you are due to regret missing better weather than me.  

i will start watching for my refund. 

Just checked bank account for another reason and I was shocked to find £2000 paid back into my account. Very nice surprise as we had asked for FCC instead.

This was for Iona cruise 30th May 2020 but never mind we will await new brochure to see if there is anything of interest.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pottery Steve said:

Great news.

5% might be your deposit.

I emailed proof of our deposit paid when we got our refund after 66 days and our deposit was refunded 4 days later.

2 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

Cruise IONA June 13th

P&O cancelled the cruise

Account closed with P&O

😎

Good news and in good time by P&O standards.

2 hours ago, Twogreynomads said:

Well !!

Viv

Really pleased for you Viv and my TC contact now works for them so I will see her for future bookings as our next is with P&O direct.

13 minutes ago, awmartin said:

Just checked bank account for another reason and I was shocked to find £2000 paid back into my account. Very nice surprise as we had asked for FCC instead.

This was for Iona cruise 30th May 2020 but never mind we will await new brochure to see if there is anything of interest.

Fantastic news for you.

17 minutes ago, awmartin said:

Good for you...you never know, maybe you still have a FCC too (tongue in cheek!)🤣

That would be a new one when it comes to double refunds!!

Pleased for you.👍