Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Must be catching cheque rec for aurora 5th june booked via ta paid on creditcard full amount including dep cancelled 23rd april 49 days .In the bank 30mins after receipt like a ghost town first time being into town for 13 weeks. Feels like a Sunday down town . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Good to hear.  I filed 4 days after you but for the cruise before.  I should be breathing the fjord fresh air right now- although according to my weather app you are due to regret missing better weather than me.  
 

i will start watching for my refund. 


Hope you get yours soon.

 

I really was looking forward to the fjords, alas another time 😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Must be catching cheque rec for aurora 5th june booked via ta paid on creditcard full amount including dep cancelled 23rd april 49 days .In the bank 30mins after receipt like a ghost town first time being into town for 13 weeks. Feels like a Sunday down town . 

Well done,a great result.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PompeySailor said:

 Better experience with P&O than Princess, we are 82 days and still waiting for the folks at PCL to get their accounts in order.

It seems like Luck of the draw.

We waited 66 days,some on here are still waiting 80+ days.

A lot of people are complaining on RCL boards and Princess too.

Maybe an email to Princess reminding them how long you have waited and/or a phone call to escalate your refund claim might speed things up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

 Better experience with P&O than Princess, we are 82 days and still waiting for the folks at PCL to get their accounts in order.

Completely the opposite for us. PANDO 60 days. Princess 15 days. Both under threat of legal action. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It seems like Luck of the draw.

We waited 66 days,some on here are still waiting 80+ days.

A lot of people are complaining on RCL boards and Princess too.

Maybe an email to Princess reminding them how long you have waited and/or a phone call to escalate your refund claim might speed things up.

We call once a week, have sent numerous emails and even for items bought excursions etc filed a credit card dispute as PCL give you the run around every time we call in.

Once we get to 90 days (if we do) we will go full on credit card dispute.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, staygulf said:

Completely the opposite for us. PANDO 60 days. Princess 15 days. Both under threat of legal action. 

I think it’s luck of the draw with some of these refunds as to whether you get a good agent processing a certain batch 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PompeySailor said:

We call once a week, have sent numerous emails and even for items bought excursions etc filed a credit card dispute as PCL give you the run around every time we call in.

Once we get to 90 days (if we do) we will go full on credit card dispute.

Sounds like a good idea.

90 days is ridiculous when the law is 14 days for a refund.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sounds like a good idea.

90 days is ridiculous when the law is 14 days for a refund.

Totally agree

I don’t think any of the cruise lines have been abiding by the law, it will come back to haunt them in the future when they lose (some) loyal customers.

 

IMO they have left a bitter taste with many cruisers

We will still cruise most lines, but will pick our products and experiences based on how we have been treated by this refund process.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2020 at 2:42 PM, Hampshire Steve said:

Thanks for the suggestions, I will sit on the fence for a few more days rather than hassle anyone already under pressure. After that, who knows, I drive past Carnival House every morning so perhaps I might be Billy No Mates stood outside with a placard? Seems to be the done thing ATM

Keep looking out for your update .....have you had any joy in receiving your refund? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alpha whiskey said:

Keep looking out for your update .....have you had any joy in receiving your refund? 

 

Unfortunately not, emailed them again today and awaiting reply.

 

My intention is to wait until Monday to check cards and the post and then if nothing received, through sheer frustration I am now willing to fall out completely with P&O and instruct my solicitors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hampshire Steve said:

 

Unfortunately not, emailed them again today and awaiting reply.

 

My intention is to wait until Monday to check cards and the post and then if nothing received, through sheer frustration I am now willing to fall out completely with P&O and instruct my solicitors.

 

Although I'm not sure that everyone on here will agree with me about this, I do understand this stance and hope that you are refunded promptly, with whatever costs necessarily incurred.  There comes a point where enough is enough.

 

This is just another marker as to how far P&O have fallen with some customers - and yes this critique is fair - both comparatively and on individual merit.

 

The idea of needing to even contemplate such a step with a company which still (purportedly) prides itself on its service as a feature, over what should be a simple issue, would have been almost unthinkable before March this year. I hope that they listen to you and quickly, good luck 😃

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hampshire Steve said:

 

Unfortunately not, emailed them again today and awaiting reply.

 

My intention is to wait until Monday to check cards and the post and then if nothing received, through sheer frustration I am now willing to fall out completely with P&O and instruct my solicitors.

You don’t really need to instruct solicitors. It’s easy to do an online money claim. Just send them a notice before action as the courts would expect you to do under the court procedures and they will most likely pay up quickly. You don’t then need to go through the claims process. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't heard any details of August refunds coming through yet and mixed picture otherwise. 

 

Without deviating from the subject matter, I would be interested in your views please on the following (serious) questions:

 

1) How protracted does a delayed refund have to be to create a legitimate expectation of some form of additional compensation beyond the refund?

 

The reason I ask this is that most people are grateful for getting their money back, no matter how difficult this is.  But the stress, false hopes, many emails and phone calls (and technically the loss of 8% interest) would just appear to be plainly unfair on some customers, pandemic or no pandemic.

 

You may think 120 days, 180 days, or even 14+, or never (fair enough) - just genuinely interested in different perspectives? 

 

2) Do you think it makes a difference if P&O causes delays to a customer/s in genuine financial need, causing them direct extra losses e.g. credit card interest?  Again, open minded and interested in different perspectives!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, staygulf said:

You don’t really need to instruct solicitors. It’s easy to do an online money claim. Just send them a notice before action as the courts would expect you to do under the court procedures and they will most likely pay up quickly. You don’t then need to go through the claims process. 

 

How you've mellowed.  Descalating from wind up order, to instructing bailiffs to take possession of Iona and now simply using the internet...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Son of Anarchy said:

 

How you've mellowed.  Descalating from wind up order, to instructing bailiffs to take possession of Iona and now simply using the internet...

Not mellowed at all if you’ve been following the thread which obviously you haven’t. 
 

A winding up order needed a statutory demand to be delivered to prove the debt. Very cleverly they closed their office to post and there was no one to sign. So I went with the better option of issuing a court summons thinking that there would be no one to contest it. Judgment entered escalate to high court. Simple. I sent my notice before action emailed Paul Ludlow that I would summons him to court and bingo got paid out very quickly thereafter. So hardly mellowed my old fruit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Small businesses are allowed to charge interest for late payments of 60 days at 8% above bank base rate, plus £70 compensation. We are at day 75 on our wait for remainder of refund so if customers were allowed to do the same on refunds then the penalty invoice would be for an additional £78.70,  increasing by £0.58 for each subsequent day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Received refund by ACT this morning.

Cruise was Iona sail date 20/6, refund request submitted 23/4.

For information I booked a saver fare balcony through a TA and I haven't contacted P&O or the TA.

Hope the rest of you get your refunds soon.

Stay safe.

Edited by mickrory
Typo
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mickrory said:

Received refund by ACT this morning.

Cruise was Iona sail date 20/6, refund request submitted 23/4.

For information I booked a saver fare balcony through a TA and I haven't contacted P&O or the TA.

Hope the rest of you get your refunds soon.

Stay safe.

Great news.👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2020 at 9:52 AM, wowzz said:

As you probably now know, it is days from request.

We are buying Premium Bonds with our refund as well!

 

Good for mickrory. 

 

Just counted.  I am 46 days post request.  That gets me to the end of June.  I am a bit put out that they are using the ‘days from request’ algorithm.   I had assumed that it would be by sailing date and had not put in my request earlier.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, staygulf said:

Not mellowed at all if you’ve been following the thread which obviously you haven’t. 
 

A winding up order needed a statutory demand to be delivered to prove the debt. Very cleverly they closed their office to post and there was no one to sign. So I went with the better option of issuing a court summons thinking that there would be no one to contest it. Judgment entered escalate to high court. Simple. I sent my notice before action emailed Paul Ludlow that I would summons him to court and bingo got paid out very quickly thereafter. So hardly mellowed my old fruit. 

😴😴 my old fruit

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Alberto Aliberti, President of Atlas Ocean Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...