CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

Looks like refunds are now coming through relatively quickly in most cases, although there are obviously still some issues from the first two rounds of cancellations.  Still not sure if there is any actual logic as to the order in which they are being paid.

Hopefully P&O will soon have cleared the backlog, as I have a sneaking suspicion that there are still more cancellations to come.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Looks like refunds are now coming through relatively quickly in most cases, although there are obviously still some issues from the first two rounds of cancellations.  Still not sure if there is any actual logic as to the order in which they are being paid.

Hopefully P&O will soon have cleared the backlog, as I have a sneaking suspicion that there are still more cancellations to come.

Agree, although I think there is some logic - they are delaying for as long as they think they can get away with it! Fascinated to see what happens when the tail end of the pre August cancellations are paid out. I’m anticipating that things will go very quiet for a while as they sit on the money of those whose August to October cruises have been cancelled for as long as they can and then there will be a flood just before the next batch of cancellations. That’s been their modus operandi and will be history repeating itself!

• Like 1

We've received our refund by cheque today, 47 days after completing the Refund Form for our 5th June cruise.  We feel P & O have handled our refund request in a timely manner  under these difficult circumstances. 

• Like 2

Refund received for J005 31st May Baltic cruise.

Checked credit card today and noted refund for excursions: had requested refunds on 19th and 23rd April for these.

Cheque received today for deposit and balance combined.  This was requested 23rd April. We had paid deposit by credit card and balance by debit card and had been expecting refunds direct to the cards, so surprised to receive a cheque. 

No emails received from P&O to advise payments had been processed.

That's all our refunds received now thank goodness.

Here's hoping that refunds for fellow cruisers now continue to come through in a more timely manner than we had experienced for our earlier March cruise that we had previously commented on.

• Like 2

I received a cheque today for my Iona 30 th may cruise which was paid and booked through our travel agent so very pleased about that one . BUT 

sent a email to you know who on Monday about my 12 th April refund and I got my knuckles wrapped (politely) about obtaining the private email address (previously posted) but because of her overwhelming emails she was sent she sent mine on to guest services, so today I decided to phone P&O and spoke to a very helpful gentleman who escalated my request after being on 75 days since  I put my request in along with excursions I had paid for and extras , he filled out all the request and sent emails to the finance department, so here’s hoping , he did say I would see some refunds in about 5 / 10 days , this booking I booked directly with P&O .

The funny thing was that I was on the phone to him telling him all about my several refunds I’m waiting for and the post came with the Iona cheque in 😉

• Like 1

Think our overdue refund is being refunded ar £50 a week. My wife did her daily check on credit card account and another random £50 has appeared on her card following the random £50 from last week.

At this rate it will take them 70 weeks to pay the refund. 😡

Edited by Snow Hill

Total refund received onto cc this morning for Azura AO11, 31st May cruise. Requested refund on cancellation day, 23rd April - 50 days ago.

Refund onto card was dated 10th June, not there last night. Booked through TA.

As an aside the said TA, is advertising round Britain trips for next year, May/June, P&O, Cunard, Princess, Fred, CM, RCI and Celebrity. 

Hopefully those of you who have been waiting longer will get theirs soon.

• Like 1

Cheque received this morning for total amount booked through outer space TA!  Cruise was on Iona this week 006!  Requested on 23rd April so 50 days to return.  It's such a relief to have the funds back because the waiting and wondering has been exhausting!  Good luck to those still waiting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Palaceman said:

We've received our refund by cheque today, 47 days after completing the Refund Form for our 5th June cruise.  We feel P & O have handled our refund request in a timely manner  under these difficult circumstances. 

Good for you.

1 hour ago, RaspberryCremeBrulee said:

Refund received for J005 31st May Baltic cruise.

Checked credit card today and noted refund for excursions: had requested refunds on 19th and 23rd April for these.

Cheque received today for deposit and balance combined.  This was requested 23rd April. We had paid deposit by credit card and balance by debit card and had been expecting refunds direct to the cards, so surprised to receive a cheque. 

No emails received from P&O to advise payments had been processed.

That's all our refunds received now thank goodness.

Here's hoping that refunds for fellow cruisers now continue to come through in a more timely manner than we had experienced for our earlier March cruise that we had previously commented on.

👍🍾

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

I received a cheque today for my Iona 30 th may cruise which was paid and booked through our travel agent so very pleased about that one . BUT 

sent a email to you know who on Monday about my 12 th April refund and I got my knuckles wrapped (politely) about obtaining the private email address (previously posted) but because of her overwhelming emails she was sent she sent mine on to guest services, so today I decided to phone P&O and spoke to a very helpful gentleman who escalated my request after being on 75 days since  I put my request in along with excursions I had paid for and extras , he filled out all the request and sent emails to the finance department, so here’s hoping , he did say I would see some refunds in about 5 / 10 days , this booking I booked directly with P&O .

The funny thing was that I was on the phone to him telling him all about my several refunds I’m waiting for and the post came with the Iona cheque in 😉

Pleased to hear you got 1 of your refunds and you did right after 75 days by emailing and phoning them and hopefully you have woke them up about that Refund.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, emam said:

Total refund received onto cc this morning for Azura AO11, 31st May cruise. Requested refund on cancellation day, 23rd April - 50 days ago.

Refund onto card was dated 10th June, not there last night. Booked through TA.

As an aside the said TA, is advertising round Britain trips for next year, May/June, P&O, Cunard, Princess, Fred, CM, RCI and Celebrity. 

Hopefully those of you who have been waiting longer will get theirs soon.

Pleased for you and 50 days is good for P&O.

11 minutes ago, Happy2b@sea said:

Cheque received this morning for total amount booked through outer space TA!  Cruise was on Iona this week 006!  Requested on 23rd April so 50 days to return.  It's such a relief to have the funds back because the waiting and wondering has been exhausting!  Good luck to those still waiting.

Happy to hear your good news.

Full amount refunded to bank card for Baltic cruise in June. Details via email. Shore excursions refund due as separate transaction in a few days. 

My thanks to the previous posters for keeping my spirits up and showing that things were progressing even at snail's pace. 

• Like 2

After seeing all these posts I checked and mine had actually been paid on Wednesday (48 days) onto my credit card. I was expecting a cheque. I have had no notification from P&O. My friends who were on the same cruise haven't received theirs yet.  

• Like 2

After P&O's cancellation on 23 April (refund applied for immediately from the link).   The cheque came in the post today (lunchtime) for 27 June cruise.   This is the quickest refund yet.   Email just received confirming they'd sent it.

This is a much faster refund than my Cunard cruise which was cancelled on 16 March (for a 28 March sailing) and cheque received on 1 June.

Still awaiting a Princess refund applied for on 15 April (for 23 May sailing).

I have a TA and have advised them I've received both P&O/Cunard directly, despite them saying it would come through them and back to my credit card.   Who knows where the Princess one will come from.

Edited by Lynnewob
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, swaddy said:

Full amount refunded to bank card for Baltic cruise in June. Details via email. Shore excursions refund due as separate transaction in a few days. 

My thanks to the previous posters for keeping my spirits up and showing that things were progressing even at snail's pace. 

Great news, thanks for posting.

• Like 1