CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

I'm not in a position of waiting for a refund so haven't been following this too carefully - though I have sympathy for all of you who are so frustrated.

Don't know whether this may be of any help but in next week's Radio Times in the section 'Your RT Money', Paul Lewis' article is about holiday refunds.  He outlines his strategy to nudge the Companies involved to pay up using the official Courts and Tribunals Service website at moneyclaim.gov.uk   You can bring a court action on line and suggests you fill in the claim but don't submit it but take a screenshot to send to the CEO with a threat to take it to court 8n 7 days if no payment if forthcoming.  It has prompted payment for others apparently. 

May be worth considering. Good luck!

Edited by kruzseeka
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

I'm not in a position of waiting for a refund so haven't been following this too carefully - though I have sympathy for all of you who are so frustrated.

Don't know whether this may be of any help but in next week's Radio Times in the section 'Your RT Money', Paul Lewis' article is about holiday refunds.  He outlines his strategy to nudge the Companies involved to pay up using the official Courts and Tribunals Service website at moneyclaim.gov.uk   You can bring a court action on line and suggests you fill in the claim but don't submit it but take a screenshot to send to the CEO with a threat to take it to court 8n 7 days if no payment if forthcoming.  It has prompted payment for others apparently. 

May be worth considering. Good luck!

I will be going the court route if I have to, I also looked at that great big digital billboard outside dock gate 10 this morning (Just up from Carnival House) and was wondering what that might cost to use for a week or two?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Hampshire Steve said:

I will be going the court route if I have to, I also looked at that great big digital billboard outside dock gate 10 this morning (Just up from Carnival House) and was wondering what that might cost to use for a week or two?

What about contacting the Southampton daily paper?

It should make an interesting read and embarrass P&O 

Tweet or message Pier's Morgan on GMB he seems to make things happen.

Edited by grapau27

I doubt if anyone at P&O cares anymore, I am certain a CCJ will have no effect other than having to pay it. 

We have pretty much made up our mind in the last couple of days, as P&O drag this out, to spend our still being earned pennies elsewhere.

Such a shame, never had an issue with the people on the phones, got on really well with some of the fine dining crew who fuss over us each time we meet and have even met up with a few ashore.

Still need a plan for 3 deposits for next year (50 nights), considering switching one to a short cruise, then switching a second deposit to upgrade the cabin of the first one, just might have to lose the smallest deposit.

image.png.eb722bbde8a314b845f3ffad33b010dd.png 

I will be entitled to use this prestigious pin very soon, I have still not received the refund for my extras from my first cancellation (got the fare back eventually but not the sundries).

I also have a second chance for this award as I have a cruise cancellation in the last batch as well.

I,d like to thank the academy........

• Like 4

20 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Has anybody who has been refunded twice paid them back yet? Or are you hanging on to it for 60 days?😉😀😎

Nothing appeared today on our credit card or bank account.

Whilst I want our deposit refund for our 28th June to be returned, I do hope we don't get a double refund for our May cruise.

Just more hassle finding out how to repay them. If it happens, I'll just email them and await their advise, wont hang on to the excess refund if it happens.

I'm sure the brilliant P&O cruises computer systems would soon get it sorted !!!

Recieved this on 8th June

Thank you for your email. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in our reply.

I can confirm that your refund request has now been escalated to our finance team. This will be actioned for you as soon as possible and you should expect your refund to be with you within around 10 days if not before.

Thank you for your understanding during this challenging time.

Kind regards

Scot
Guest Services

P&O Cruises

Now we are 15 days on from the email and 83 days from when I submitted the claim.

Im going for the 100 club

22 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Has anybody who has been refunded twice paid them back yet? Or are you hanging on to it for 60 days?😉😀😎

I have been refunded twice by Cunard for my May cruise which was cancelled in April. Contacted Cunard by PM via Facebook and initially all they wanted to do was cancel the cheque and leave the other refund with credit card. Wasnt happy about that because I had already paid cheque into building society and didnt want the embarrassment and cost of cheque bouncing. She wasnt bothered about any embarrassment to me just that if there would be any costs they would reimburse me. As it was Cunard were too late to cancel cheque so it went through, received a phone call from Cunard and told her that I would now have to wait for my credit card to send me the refund in cheque pay into my bank account and then wait for it to clear before I sent cheque to Cunard. Told her not to worry it wont take 60+ days to get your money refunded, there was a long silence. Was then given address to send cheque and said it as soon as it was convenient to me which was this morning by 2nd class postage. Do not think I will have any further contact from Cunard or any apologies for my inconvenience of this matter.

1 hour ago, kevcharben said:

Recieved this on 8th June

Thank you for your email. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in our reply.

I can confirm that your refund request has now been escalated to our finance team. This will be actioned for you as soon as possible and you should expect your refund to be with you within around 100 days if not before.

Thank you for your understanding during this challenging time.

Kind regards

Scot
Guest Services

P&O Cruises

Now we are 15 days on from the email and 83 days from when I submitted the claim.

Im going for the 100 club

I have made a slight amendment to the message so as to update it for accuracy...😤

Keep on pushing them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hampshire Steve said:

Morning all, well yesterday we stayed in the 100 Club for the day, today we have moved into....

room101.jpg.c6af251d478158d53e0a16b2220133c8.jpg

I wonder where we will visit tomorrow?

Perhaps Club Tropicana?

Very good...P&O in to Room 101

Tomorrow, the set of 102 (non-refunded) Dalmatians...all barking mad 🤣

Edited by No pager thank you
Typo

Hols4

I will be joining the100 club tomorrow will you be making teashirts if we get enough members Steve ?

Was told two weeks ago I was being escalated to the finance team still no refund !

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 11:15 AM, Hampshire Steve said:

Today I have received an email from the office of El Presidente promising to look into my issue.

Looking forward to next week when I can start the court procedure.

Club Badge.png

ha,ha,ha I love it! You should post that on P&Os Facebook page.

i hit 100 days tomorrow 😫

Edited by PRINCESSTHE BEST

Reading on other groups that P&O are now refusing some refunds, claiming that the customers have cancelled and not P&O

Perhaps the money has finally dried up.

Nobody is answering messages anymore, I’ve actioned my section 75... I’d actually prefer that I receive it that way and there’s some sort of financial penalty to P&O for my bank needing to get involved.

Awful company.

11 hours ago, Hols4 said:

Hols4

I will be joining the100 club tomorrow will you be making teashirts if we get enough members Steve ?

Was told two weeks ago I was being escalated to the finance team still no refund !

I think P&O know by now that social media has become anti, how likely are we all to turn up in Southampton and protest outside the offices though?

My notice period to them is up on Tuesday and I will commence a court action on Wednesday morning, I did try to speak to my CC company yesterday, could only get automated options so I think that would be a drawn out process.

This year we would have done an Iberian cruise in March, Canada in September, Canaries in November. Now we have updated both of our cars instead and just booked a ferry to Spain for September, next years cruises covered 50 nights and these I feel are not going to happen, how can I justify spending again with P&O, your money is at risk with them.

I am sorry to see other 100+ club members, if you haven't already done so I would suggest some sort of recovery action either by the courts or your card company, sympathy for them over CV19 has gone from my household.

• Like 3

I can't believe many of you are still waiting, this is disgusting. 

I hoped when we had a flurry when I got mine about a month ago that the process for everyone would now be quicker... How naive of me.. 

My thoughts are with you all, nobody needs this added stress... 

Good luck. 

Andy 

• Like 4

We requested a refund, on 14th March, for our cancelled short break on Britannia over the Easter weekend.

When the second tranche of cancellations was announced, we 'moved' our June cruise on Azura to one on Iona in November (probably wishful thinking). P&O informed me that there was a FCC on our account, despite the fact we had requested a refund. We decided to use it against the new booking.

Given the shambolic state of P&O IT systems I was not particularly surprised to receive an email from them last night:

“Your refund claim.

Firstly, we would like to thank you for your patience and would like to apologise for the time it has taken for us to respond to guest refund requests. The impact of Covid-19 upon our business has been extremely significant, and the complexity and scale of this task has meant it has taken us a lot longer than we would have liked.

Unfortunately, we have been unable to process your refund claim. Our records show that the Future Cruise Credit you received for this cruise cancellation has been used to make a new booking.”

Exactly 100 days for an acknowledgement / response that I requested a refund.

Given the experiences that everyone is having we are loathe to give P&O any more of our hard earned money and we will be thinking long and hard about our November booking when they request the balance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

I can't believe many of you are still waiting, this is disgusting. 

I hoped when we had a flurry when I got mine about a month ago that the process for everyone would now be quicker... How naive of me.. 

My thoughts are with you all, nobody needs this added stress... 

Good luck. 

Andy 

Hi Andy....on an earlier post someone mentioned about contacting a local newspaper....is it possible for you to say which would be the best Southampton newspaper to contact in regard to this "fiasco".  Besides anything else I am getting fed up of listening to the opening lines of Bob Marley's song....I'm Still Waiting"  😕 

1 hour ago, Hampshire Steve said:

I think P&O know by now that social media has become anti, how likely are we all to turn up in Southampton and protest outside the offices though?

My notice period to them is up on Tuesday and I will commence a court action on Wednesday morning, I did try to speak to my CC company yesterday, could only get automated options so I think that would be a drawn out process.

This year we would have done an Iberian cruise in March, Canada in September, Canaries in November. Now we have updated both of our cars instead and just booked a ferry to Spain for September, next years cruises covered 50 nights and these I feel are not going to happen, how can I justify spending again with P&O, your money is at risk with them.

I am sorry to see other 100+ club members, if you haven't already done so I would suggest some sort of recovery action either by the courts or your card company, sympathy for them over CV19 has gone from my household.

I understand your annoyance as our 66 days wait with numerous lies and fob offs from P&O and the TA was very frustrating and your 101 days is a lot worse and still no refund.

Good luck with your court action.

Graham.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Hi Andy....on an earlier post someone mentioned about contacting a local newspaper....is it possible for you to say which would be the best Southampton newspaper to contact in regard to this "fiasco".  Besides anything else I am getting fed up of listening to the opening lines of Bob Marley's song....I'm Still Waiting"  😕 

I mentioned the Southampton paper to Steve although it would probably need a big national paper to make them take action.

I thought contacting Pier's Morgan on GMB also would be a good idea as he would highlight the refund fiasco nationally on TV.

29 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Steve is in Southampton I believe, so he would know the Echo. 

Andy