CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

No matter how hard was your way in getting the refund, I am glad you have finally  got it. I know dozens of people who are still in that never ending line to get their refund. The funny thing about it that I dont even know whether they will ever get it. The only thing I am missing is the reason for a refund

10 hours ago, Hampshire Steve said:

Morning, today I am preparing to resign from the 100+ club!

Balance of cruise payment arrived back on my card today, just the court fee to come now. All that pain at being fobbed off then resolved within a few days - Totally unnecessary, I hope they learn better communication skills soon.

Almost smiling!

Hope this thread soon fades away and everyone else is paid promptly.

Well done, although it’s an absolute disgrace that people such as yourself have had to commence legal action in order to recover your own money, 3 months after the legal requirement to refund expired. 

I wonder, has anyone received a refund from the last batch of cancellations yet? I suspect not as I am anticipating that most people will be made to wait 2, 3 or more months, just as we all had to, in order to shore up P&O’s cash flow. Doubtless Mr Ludlow will come up with yet more creative excuses as to why those refunds could also not be made in a timely manner. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Well done, although it’s an absolute disgrace that people such as yourself have had to commence legal action in order to recover your own money, 3 months after the legal requirement to refund expired. 

I wonder, has anyone received a refund from the last batch of cancellations yet? I suspect not as I am anticipating that most people will be made to wait 2, 3 or more months, just as we all had to, in order to shore up P&O’s cash flow. Doubtless Mr Ludlow will come up with yet more creative excuses as to why those refunds could also not be made in a timely manner. 

No one reading this thread should be waiting in vain. They should all be giving 7 day notices before action and then filing a money claim on line. It costs net nothing, what have they got to lose? 

27 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

No matter how hard was your way in getting the refund, I am glad you have finally  got it. I know dozens of people who are still in that never ending line to get their refund. The funny thing about it that I dont even know whether they will ever get it. The only thing I am missing is the reason for a refund

A cruise that you paid for was cancelled by P&O is a good reason for a refund.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I'm sure he will think of something.🤣

Edited by grapau27

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I'm sure he will think of something.🤣

Probably something like the Accounts Department have taken advantage of the lifting of quarantine to be now relocated on board "flagship to be" Iona.

Unfortunately, they can't be reached by any means until Iona is finally released by the yard....and Iona won't be released from the yard until P&O pays up...what an impossible conundrum to solve 🤣

• Like 1

We applied for a refund on our October cruise at the start of June. Luckily we had only paid the deposit. The refund was applied to our credit card yesterday. That means it was about 4 weeks. Much quicker then we expected. Our Cathay Pacific flights were cancelled at the same time and I think they are 3 or 4 weeks away from being refunded.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, benjoon said:

We applied for a refund on our October cruise at the start of June. Luckily we had only paid the deposit. The refund was applied to our credit card yesterday. That means it was about 4 weeks. Much quicker then we expected. Our Cathay Pacific flights were cancelled at the same time and I think they are 3 or 4 weeks away from being refunded.

Good news 👍

10 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Actually I'm glad they did allow me to move the money to another cruise, because having also cancelled October 18th cruise, I am seriously thinking that I won't be doing April 2021 either.

I'm happy to have my money back from P&O (£3000+ after a 60 day wait, weeks ago) because I think my future cruising life is in some doubt, even though I have 2 (moveable Celebrity) cruises booked for the second half of next year.  The ITV programme on Thursday night about cruise ships and Covid-19 just reinforced my doubts.

So many posters on here have now been refunded, but what a battle!  I'm still waiting for a refund of £150 deposit from Princess but I'm not foaming at the mouth about it because a) the amount involved and b) I got an immediate acknowledgement of my choice of a refund, plus they and the TA have been in touch since, updating me.

P&O's ad hoc, and shambolic handling of these refunds has been appalling and is something I won't forget.

2 hours ago, benjoon said:

That’s very encouraging, although I note that it was only a deposit and you live in Australia, so different rules may apply. It will be very interesting to know when UK customers start to receive full balance refunds for late summer / Autumn cruises in large numbers. 

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

A cruise that you paid for was cancelled by P&O is a good reason for a refund.

Graham and Jean - no point replying to Roger. He drops in and out of various forums,writes a pointless post, and then disappears. He certainly never replies or follows up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Actually I'm glad they did allow me to move the money to another cruise, because having also cancelled October 18th cruise, I am seriously thinking that I won't be doing April 2021 either.

I am so tempted by the emails my TA keeps sending, but I agree, next spring is probably a bit soon.  The thoughts of frequent queues for hand washing, potential for missed ports and cabin isolation/being denied boarding in the case of a raised temperature bother me.  

47 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Quick update: Day 111 - nothing, quickly reaching double the official clock count.

Wondering if I may unwantingly become an inaugural Member of the:

Gross (ly) Delayed Refunds Club....

I’m 109 days, so not far behind you. I was beginning to think I was going to be the last to be refunded or even worse, no refund at all. However, I looked on Facebook and there are lots of people who cancelled in March still waiting for refunds. There is something very odd going on regarding March cancellations.

11 minutes ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

I’m 109 days, so not far behind you. I was beginning to think I was going to be the last to be refunded or even worse, no refund at all. However, I looked on Facebook and there are lots of people who cancelled in March still waiting for refunds. There is something very odd going on regarding March cancellations.

I've reached the conclusion that a lot of it is just a complete lack of effective corporate control over the refunding process.  Sorry you are still waiting too. Loads on P&O Twitter too.

Fast approaching Day 100, which will be Tuesday and still waiting for refund. We had back to back cruises cancelled the same day, refund forms were submitted for both cruises at same time, we received refund for first cruise on day 59, but have not yet received the refund for second cruise. Has been escalated at least twice with no luck. They tried you didn’t submit a refund for trick, but we had as we had evidence to prove it.

Looks like we may need to go down the Resolver, Charge Back or legal route to get back our money.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 7:11 PM, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

Hi

Have to agree with you there,,,,,112 days today,,,cancelled on March 17th.

£105 Court Fee just received from P&O, that's me fully paid up and happy

Once again, shame it had to go this way but for all of you still sat on the fence waiting for your refund, serve them 14 days notice of intention to recover through the courts, then at least you know how long you have to wait.

Thanks everyone for your support, I will try to post more positive items from now on!

• Like 4

Hols4

I am still waiting after cancelling mid March, was told on the phone there was a problem with March cancellations, I am supposed to have been transferred to the Priority refunds team but still no joy yet. My wife is beginning to get worried about it.