Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Our September deposit is back today as well, must have been a busy week in finance.
 

We still have sundries from March outstanding so they are not doing this by the date of application as the message on the phone line indicates.

 

Good news about your deposit.

Maybe they are hoping March sundries will be forgotten by customers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

Not a chance Graham 😉

 

Mind you by the time they pay out, I doubt that pounds will be the currency anymore🤣

I wouldn't let them off the hook.

Now much later dates are being refunded it made me wonder why they haven't cleared all March refunds and sundries.

Just got our EasyJet refund for a June fly cruise and our £500 October Florida fly/drive deposit from TUI

TUI were absolutely fantastic.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2020 at 10:47 AM, terrierjohn said:

 

Similar views here, but in the Harry vs Moley discourse on Carnivals finances, I have to say that Harry makes more sense.

Even I agree that Harry’s explanation makes more everyday business sense.
 

However, I have no need to make anything up and don’t follow any corporate line.
 

All I’m trying to do is give you an honest picture of some of what I’m privy too, without straying across a line that would get anyone in trouble. There are times I wish I could say more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Even I agree that Harry’s explanation makes more everyday business sense.
 

However, I have no need to make anything up and don’t follow any corporate line.
 

All I’m trying to do is give you an honest picture of some of what I’m privy too, without straying across a line that would get anyone in trouble. There are times I wish I could say more.


I don’t think that any of us would suggest for one moment that you are making things up. Your inside knowledge has been very useful around such issues as Oceana’s departure and I believe that everything that you say is in good faith and, to the best of your knowledge, accurate. But, and I say this with the greatest respect, unless you are a main board director of Carnival (which I doubt, because you wouldn’t be posting on here if you were) then even very senior managers won’t be privy to every bit of information or all the motivations behind board decisions. 
 

I say this with some confidence as, in a previous life, I was an Executive Director of a household name company. There were a number of times that we were dealing with some very big issues where important actions and decisions had to be taken that were market sensitive - and some of these involved cash flow. Even though I was a main board director, I had to sign legal documents binding me not to discuss these issues beyond an agreed list of authorised personnel. These were the main board and key advisors only. I could not even discuss with the senior executives that reported to me. They often tried to pump me for info and thought they had second guessed what was going on, but were usually wrong! I should stress that these weren’t ‘dodgy’ things(!) but issues that would have affected the share price had they become known and, on that basis, I could have even faced a prison sentence had I discussed them - it’s that serious in listed companies. 
 

So, all I am trying to say is that I have no doubt that your defence of the company is in all good faith and is almost certainly based upon a degree of inside information that senior employees may have that is not known to the public but, unless you are a main board director, I would put money on the fact that you won’t have the complete and full picture. Sometimes that can be a blessed relief!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Even I agree that Harry’s explanation makes more everyday business sense.
 

However, I have no need to make anything up and don’t follow any corporate line.
 

All I’m trying to do is give you an honest picture of some of what I’m privy too, without straying across a line that would get anyone in trouble. There are times I wish I could say more.

I accept Moley that you are giving us your best information on these subjects.  However if our assumption that P&Os refund strategy is not cash flow led, then the alternative must be equally beneficial to the company's long term viability, or the management are stupid in not appreciating the PR damage this is doing to their image.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I accept Moley that you are giving us your best information on these subjects.  However if our assumption that P&Os refund strategy is not cash flow led, then the alternative must be equally beneficial to the company's long term viability, or the management are stupid in not appreciating the PR damage this is doing to their image.

I’ve seen/heard nothing to suggest that the process has been artificially delayed. The systems weren’t in place and the handling thereafter has been incompetent. The messaging to customers has been abysmal and P&O deserve the bad PR they are getting in respect of refunds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

and P&O deserve the bad PR they are getting in respect of refunds.

Let's not forget here  that P&O are having to do and say exactly  what Carnival are telling them to,  as are all the companies under their umbrella. All the the bad PR and anger should be firmly placed at their door. Don't shoot the messenger.

Avril 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Let's not forget here  that P&O are having to do and say exactly  what Carnival are telling them to,  as are all the companies under their umbrella. All the the bad PR and anger should be firmly placed at their door. Don't shoot the messenger.

Avril 

I don’t see Princess getting the same bad press. They seem to be handling the matter differently even from underneath the same umbrella. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, staygulf said:

I don’t see Princess getting the same bad press. They seem to be handling the matter differently even from underneath the same umbrella. 

I know I'm only guessing, but surely they all have to be singing  from the same hymn sheet? Same company, same agenda I would have thought. Unless they can proceed however they like providing they all reach the same outcome.😞

Avril 

I've just been looking on the Princess forum and I beg to differ with you.  They might not be getting the bad "British" press as they are nearly all American or Canadian, but the posters are being treated the same as us. 

Edited by Adawn47
Added text
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, staygulf said:

I don’t see Princess getting the same bad press. They seem to be handling the matter differently even from underneath the same umbrella. 

See last entry post 4338. Waiting 122 days. Their posts are as long as P&O and delays in refunds.

 

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2741665-refund-status-for-canceled-cruises-retitled-after-merges/page/174/?tab=comments#comment-60191947

 

Edited by Gettingwarmer
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

See last entry post 4338. Waiting 122 days. Their posts are as long as P&O and delays in refunds.

 

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2741665-refund-status-for-canceled-cruises-retitled-after-merges/page/174/?tab=comments#comment-60191947

 

I've just been looking too and amended my previous text to staygulf. Glad I'm right (for once)😉

Avril 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I know I'm only guessing, but surely they all have to be singing  from the same hymn sheet? Same company, same agenda I would have thought. Unless they can proceed however they like providing they all reach the same outcome.😞

Avril 

I've just been looking on the Princess forum and I beg to differ with you.  They might not be getting the bad "British" press as they are nearly all American or Canadian, but the posters are being treated the same as us. 

That’s too bad. I can only speak from my experience and Princess were much quicker at refunding me although I did have to threaten the TA with a winding up order. P and O were threatened with legal proceedings and then refunded. But it’s Princess that gets my business next year. P and O can P O as far as I’m concerned. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2020 at 4:09 AM, grapau27 said:

I wouldn't let them off the hook.

Now much later dates are being refunded it made me wonder why they haven't cleared all March refunds and sundries.

Just got our EasyJet refund for a June fly cruise and our £500 October Florida fly/drive deposit from TUI

TUI were absolutely fantastic.

 

Great to know you've been happy with TUI

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, staygulf said:

That’s too bad. I can only speak from my experience and Princess were much quicker at refunding me although I did have to threaten the TA with a winding up order. P and O were threatened with legal proceedings and then refunded. But it’s Princess that gets my business next year. P and O can P O as far as I’m concerned. 

Celebrity gets mine as they repaid in under 40 days. It was supposed to be in 30 so not perfect but certainly still  a lot less than the P&O timescales. We were in the second  batch of Celebrity cancellations. 
 

We were in the first batch for P&O and the delays were pretty poor, promised 45 days, then 60 and neither timescales were met. Reading these posts and elsewhere it seems that they are picking up a bit of speed for the newer batches. My second later cancellation (Batch 3 I think) with P&O was certainly repaid much more quickly than the first one.
 

There are still repayments outstanding from the first lot though, which makes no sense.

 

I wonder if when your cruise was cancelled / you applied for a refund has had an impact on how quickly it was repaid? Based on my experience it has but one swallow does not make a summer.

 

The good news is that so far the cruise companies seem to be surviving.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Celebrity gets mine as they repaid in under 40 days. It was supposed to be in 30 so not perfect but certainly still  a lot less than the P&O timescales. We were in the second  batch of Celebrity cancellations. 
 

We were in the first batch for P&O and the delays were pretty poor, promised 45 days, then 60 and neither timescales were met. Reading these posts and elsewhere it seems that they are picking up a bit of speed for the newer batches. My second later cancellation (Batch 3 I think) with P&O was certainly repaid much more quickly than the first one.
 

There are still repayments outstanding from the first lot though, which makes no sense.

 

I wonder if when your cruise was cancelled / you applied for a refund has had an impact on how quickly it was repaid? Based on my experience it has but one swallow does not make a summer.

 

The good news is that so far the cruise companies seem to be surviving.

Agreed, it probably has, but then you shouldn’t have to request a refund. It’s an automatic obligation for the cruise company to issue a refund and within 14 days. All this nonsense about requests for refunds and FCC is completely made up by them and ABTA so that they had a reason (illegally) to hold on to customer monies. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Eventually...last week I received my refund after a 121 day wait.

The week before I received a mail that said...Guest Services will be out of the office until 12:15Pm on 16/7 ,,,,at that time On the 16th I was just about to send another complaining mail,when ping another mail arrived At 12:16pm from P&O to say my refund had been passed and would be in my account within 7-10 days,,,,,it hit my account that day.

 

Although it was welcome it still left a bad taste towards P&O.

Edited by JeanieC,Aston
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Eventually...last week I received my refund after a 121 day wait.

The week before I received a mail that said...Guest Services will be out of the office until 12:15Pm on 16/7 ,,,,at that time On the 16th I was just about to send another complaining mail,when ping another mail arrived At 12:16pm from P&O to say my refund had been passed and would be in my account within 7-10 days,,,,,it hit my account that day.

 

Although it was welcome it still left a bad taste towards P&O.

I'm pleased you have your refund but 121 days must be a record and I understand why it has left a bad taste towards P&O.

RCL and Princess boards are reporting some very long waits for Refunds too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2020 at 11:21 AM, Son of Anarchy said:

 

 

With regard to payment of balances: the TA we are using for our worldie no longer accept credit card payments via their e-portal.  On line they state that their portal will only accept bank transfers.  The sceptic in me wonders whether is because of the amount of Sec 75 claims being made against them?

 

I haven't asked them whether they will take credit card balance payments by credit card over the phone.  Will cross that bridge when/if the balance is actually due.

 

Well, just had a quick look at the TA's e-portal for paying off balances.  It looks like they are now accepting credit cards again for balance payments.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my refund today for my sundries from March request , I guess they didn’t want to hang on to my flat champagne and mouldy chocolate covered strawberries 😂 anymore just now waiting for my excursions for the Iona may cruise paid for , so I’m getting them still but will possibly start all again for my 18th October cruise which was all paid up 😔

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Got my refund today for my sundries from March request , I guess they didn’t want to hang on to my flat champagne and mouldy chocolate covered strawberries 😂 anymore just now waiting for my excursions for the Iona may cruise paid for , so I’m getting them still but will possibly start all again for my 18th October cruise which was all paid up 😔

Was hoping that I may have received a refund today as still waiting on sundries...no.... they've been going stale for 130 days now and counting....

 

Maybe they'll be re-served next time we cruise...🤢

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...