CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

1 hour ago, Tom Magpie said:

All outstanding refunds received today for our cancelled Christmas Cruise on Aurora.This has taken just over 4 weeks. Next cruise booked is on Iona at the end of March, fingers crossed but not very hopeful.

Good to hear refunds are still being processed.

Cannot understand after doing refunds now for over 6 months why P&O still have not go them sorted out yet. Some are getting refunds in a reasonable amount of time but there are still many complaints on P&Os Facebook page that some are still waiting after requesting refunds for cancelled cruises 3-4 months. Surely they should be prioritising those outstanding from months ago and refunding them first but are obviously still not very well organised which at the end of the day is down to senior management.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Cannot understand after doing refunds now for over 6 months why P&O still have not go them sorted out yet. Some are getting refunds in a reasonable amount of time but there are still many complaints on P&Os Facebook page that some are still waiting after requesting refunds for cancelled cruises 3-4 months. Surely they should be prioritising those outstanding from months ago and refunding them first but are obviously still not very well organised which at the end of the day is down to senior management.

I couldn’t agree more. Whilst it’s nice for people like Eddie 99 & Tom Magpie with their quick refunds, it does make me question why this happens when I’ve already waited 4 months and I’m aware of others who’ve waited even longer. I’m not sure I comprehend their prioritizing system

sorry if that makes me sound bitter - it’s probably because I am 😜

Edited by portiaqueen
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, portiaqueen said:

I couldn’t agree more. Whilst it’s nice for people like Eddie 99 & Tom Magpie with their quick refunds, it does make me question why this happens when I’ve already waited 4 months and I’m aware of others who’ve waited even longer. I’m not sure I comprehend their prioritizing system

sorry if that makes me sound bitter - it’s probably because I am 😜

Dont blame you for one minute I wouldnt be happy if I was in your situation. Have you paid any part of your cruise with credit/debit card and try and claim through them through Section 75/Chargeback.

Would that we had!  However our travel agent surcharges for card payments so we paid by bank transfer. As we’d already paid in full when the cruise was cancelled it isn’t just the deposit we’re waiting to get back. Maybe that’s the answer - they’d rather pay 10 people their deposit back than pay one person the full cost of their cruise 

Edited by portiaqueen
Spelling

1 hour ago, portiaqueen said:

Would that we had!  However our travel agent surcharges for card payments so we paid by bank transfer. As we’d already paid in full when the cruise was cancelled it isn’t just the deposit we’re waiting to get back. Maybe that’s the answer - they’d rather pay 10 people their deposit back than pay one person the full cost of their cruise 

Either you are not in the UK or you booked prior to Jan 2018 because it has been illegal in the UK to surcharge for using a credit card since then. If you booked after that date and your TA still tried to surcharge you for credit card then they are breaking the law and would find another TA.

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Either you are not in the UK or you booked prior to Jan 2018 because it has been illegal in the UK to surcharge for using a credit card since then. If you booked after that date and your TA still tried to surcharge you for credit card then they are breaking the law and would find another TA.

Exactly - if your UK agent charged you a surcharge, they are operating illegally.  

42 minutes ago, Cruising Nomads said:

If you transfer monies from one cruise to another then the transfer value will arrive by cheque. This is due to the fact that the payment details are locked on the first cruise so they are unable to pay back to the original source.

Not so, ours was a transfer and we received our refund back to the credit card used on the initial cruise.

On 10/24/2020 at 12:13 AM, wowzz said:

Exactly - if your UK agent charged you a surcharge, they are operating illegally.  

It is illegal to surcharge for a credit card, but Eskimo house travel agent do not take credit cards at all,  only accept  debit card or bank transfer and  that is legal in UK.

I wouldn't use a TA or any shop etc that doesn't accept credit card, section 75 protection is a must nowadays

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

It is illegal to surcharge for a credit card, but Eskimo house travel agent do not take credit cards at all,  only accept  debit card or bank transfer and  that is legal in UK.

I wouldn't use a TA or any shop etc that doesn't accept credit card, section 75 protection is a must nowadays

Yes they do it is on their website under T&Cs - " As instructed by our staff, you will be required to pay a deposit or make full payment for your holiday when booking. Initial payments must be made by debit card, credit card or bank transfer". So even if you only pay deposit by credit card you will be covered for Section 75.

On 10/24/2020 at 8:00 PM, terrierjohn said:

Just checked my credit card statement and lo and behold P&O have sent me a refund. There is a minor missing deposit, but that's because the booking was a somewhat complicated transfer of a cancelled April cruise,  so will have to do a bit of negotiation.

P&O just advised that refunds were not being given when we made the transfer, but the original deposit has been converted to a FCC, so that is us sorted out now.

A refund notice e/m received today regarding a cancelled June 20 cruise which was put to FCC for next Oct but a change of mind and one phone call to P & O and a request to fill out a refund form ( Twice) from them which we filled out 2 weeks ago. Amount of refund was paid into our account on 22 Oct. Certainly quick on this occasion.

Just waiting for some compensation we were awarded for a poor trip and bad food in Sindu which they said would be by a cheque sent to us.

Steve

• Like 1

Is this a record filled in for cash dep refund 15th October after change of mind on fcc, received back on credit card 26th October 11days .This was payed over 2 years ago low dep onboard ship .They said it would be a cheque so are things getting better ? 

• Like 1

Just 1 day shy of 6 months they finally refunded me. It only took 11 phone calls totaling 322 minutes. (For those wondering first thing in the morning is the best time, but you will also connect quickly past 4:30 but cashops is closed then so they are limited in what they can do)

The customer service department seem lovely and incredibly helpful however they are vastly let down by cashops who have no concept of the passage of time. 

Edited by Showingthatgame
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Showingthatgame said:

Just 1 day shy of 6 months they finally refunded me. It only took 11 phone calls totaling 322 minutes. (For those wondering first thing in the morning is the best time, but you will also connect quickly past 4:30 but cashops is closed then so they are limited in what they can do)

The customer service department seem lovely and incredibly helpful however they are vastly let down by cashops who have no concept of the passage of time. 

Great news you finally got your refund.👍

For those waiting for a refund, I know a couple of people who have not had their most recent refund. Talking to them they had put the full value of the cruise on the refund form, forgetting that they had been given some FCC for a cruise cancelled when Oceana was moved from the Middle East.

They refiled their refunds late last week and both got cancellation notices within 3 days. It does appear that there is a too difficult pile of requests which don't match the exact cash paid.

Not saying its the only issue... but if anyone still waiting and already had a FCC on their account, something to consider.

On 10/23/2020 at 10:05 PM, majortom10 said:

You’re right of course. When I checked with my other half, he tells me that credit card wasn’t an option at all - the travel agent doesn’t accept them

But to be honest that’s not really the point. The point is that p&o for whatever reason have been dragging their feet over these refunds for months. There may however be a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. They now tell me my claim has been ‘escalated to triage’ and that I will receive a cheque within 14 working days. My breath is bated 😜

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, portiaqueen said:

You’re right of course. When I checked with my other half, he tells me that credit card wasn’t an option at all - the travel agent doesn’t accept them

But to be honest that’s not really the point. The point is that p&o for whatever reason have been dragging their feet over these refunds for months. There may however be a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. They now tell me my claim has been ‘escalated to triage’ and that I will receive a cheque within 14 working days. My breath is bated 😜

🤞

18 minutes ago, portiaqueen said:

Glad to see that you have hopefully finally got your refund sorted. Perhaps in light of what we have all been through this year with getting cruise refunds and how cruise companies and some TAs have responded in the future when you book a cruise to protect yourself it might be a good idea to find another TA who does accept credit cards so that you have Section 75 protection.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, aberdonian said:

How long do you usually have to wait after cancellation invoice before receiving a refund, and does anyone know how long p and o are now taking 

to make refunds from hitting the cancel option, thanks in advance.

There are still people complaining on P&Os Facebook page about not receiving refunds from cancelled cruises and been waiting months. There is on complaint where P&O have refunded deposit when they have paid full balance but P&O say they never received the balance from TA and the TA says they have paid it.

Edited by majortom10

8 hours ago, majortom10 said:

There are still people complaining on P&Os Facebook page about not receiving refunds from cancelled cruises and been waiting months. There is on complaint where P&O have refunded deposit when they have paid full balance but P&O say they never received the balance from TA and the TA says they have paid it.

Surely a customer bank statement will show who the balance was paid to and likewise a TA should have a bank statement showing they paid P&O.