CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

26 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Oh dear. Sounds like P&O’s reputation is fading very fast. There is now no believable explanation left other than the fact that they are deliberately withholding refunds for as long as they think they can get away with it. With what sounds like less than 1% of customers having been refunded so far I am minded to think of Jim Royle. “Workload my arse” 😂 I also know of at least one travel company refusing to provide refunds, and being swamped with negative reviews as a result, that is getting their staff to post bogus positive reviews about how wonderfully they are handling the crisis.

Do they claim to put " U " in the middle. I bet they change that soon.

Had a response from DM on Twitter earlier apparently I had to ask for a refund on an excursion on our curtailed cruise despite the email they sent us saying it would be refunded directly to card. The FCC for the same cruise is slightly different to what we thought but they agree with the refund for the second cruise which was a B2B but no time scale for the refund which was requested 23March🤷‍♂️

19 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

Cancelled our non refundable booking with Prem Inn after the latest raft of cancellations last week and the money was back in our account 3 hours later

We cancelled our non refundable booking with Marriot in Vancouver. Money back on the card in about 5 days.Some companies can do it properly. When we rebook for next year, guess which hotel chain we will choose. No contest.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

So how many on here do believe that the refunds will arrive.  There must be so many due.  I am at Day 45 tomorrow.

I do think we will get them Jean, just no idea when. 

It feels like they are waiting for something... That could be to get past a certain date for cashflow reasons, it is the end of the month, or they are hoping the Government change the rules in their favour, although I don't think they would get away with not paying the refunds already agreed. 

Expect a flurry after the 1st May... 

Andy 

• Like 2

What I don’t understand is how other cruise lines are providing customer service that is streets ahead of P&O and refunding within their quoted timeline of 30 days. I had to cancel drinks and dining packages for a June sailing on 3rd April (we moved the cruise to Oct 2021). As I’ve mentioned the other day, their phone lines open at 8:30 unlike P&O’s 09:15. My call was answered within seconds and within no more than 2 minutes the rep confirmed my refunds were processed and the credits on their way to my credit card (they could also confirm the card being refunded). 

P&O cannot (or refuse to) acknowledge the refund is being processed or provide when it might be. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

It feels like they are waiting for something... That could be to get past a certain date for cashflow reasons, it is the end of the month, or they are hoping the Government change the rules in their favour, although I don't think they would get away with not paying the refunds already agreed. 

Andy 

Andy, yes I would like to think so.  Patience is a virtue 🙂

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Hope you are right about May 1st,it will be day 49 for us.

1 minute ago, bobstheboy said:

What is really p..ing me off is that I can go on the P&O site and select a cruise and at the press of a button my money goes to them.  Ironic isn't it when we have to to wait a couple of months to get it back.

I agree they can process our payments to them instantly.

Then they want your final balance paid 3 months before the cruise.

I am a long way away from my 60 day refund but I wondered if anybody has monitored their cruise personeliser on their cancelled cruise how long does it show .Does it disappear once someone actual cancel,s the booking and starts the refund process . Just a thought then you might know that something is happening as there is no communication from p and o 

1 minute ago, Bin man said:

I am a long way away from my 60 day refund but I wondered if anybody has monitored their cruise personeliser on their cancelled cruise how long does it show .Does it disappear once someone actual cancel,s the booking and starts the refund process . Just a thought then you might know that something is happening as there is no communication from p and o 

Never checked my P&O personeliser but my TA portal says our cruise is over now.

Yes maybe I need someone to look for the May cruises  as ours is,or should I say was june 5th .It a long shot but anything to feel a bit more relaxed but on the situation that p and o are putting their customers through 

14 minutes ago, Bin man said:

I applied for a refund on the day that my cruise was cancelled. I had booked direct with P&O and used their online form. My Cruise Personaliser disappeared the same day, but nothing has happened since, other than the (incorrect) cancellation invoices. So, in summary, the Cruise Personaliser is no clue as to progress of your refund!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

I applied for a refund on the day that my cruise was cancelled. I had booked direct with P&O and used their online form. My Cruise Personaliser disappeared the same day, but nothing has happened since, other than the (incorrect) cancellation invoices. So, in summary, the Cruise Personaliser is no clue as to progress of your refund!

Ditto

When was your cruised cancelled I would expect it to disappear at some stage it's the not knowing that the cancelled cruise from the email they send you fill it in send it back but no confirmation after a week 

You’ve all got me worried now. I applied for a refund for my June cruise on the day they were cancelled. I’ve just checked my personaliser and it’s still there, so now I’m wondering what’s happening. All this leaves a very bad taste in my mouth and makes me almost certain to cancel all four of the cruises i have booked with them, in addition to the one they’ve cancelled. I was all set to spend the next 10 years or so sailing with P&O twice per year, but I’m afraid it looks like they’ve now lost all that business from me. It’s not having to wait 60 days, its the atrocious customer service. A few simple acknowledgment emails is all it would have taken. Very disappointed.

Les.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

My April 26th cruise was cancelled on March 15th and disappeared almost straight away.

When my Princess cruise was finally cancelled (by the TA at my request) it disappeared from my cruise personaliser immediately. Still no confirmation email though, nearly a month later. I tried phoning the TA today but gave up after an hour. 

However some good news, yesterday I chased up my refund from Intercruises for the return coach transfers that I’d cancelled on 26 March. On checking my Barclaycard balance just now (9pm) it has reduced down by the refund amount due! 
There’s no itemised credit showing so I’m presuming that it is pending.  

Just got the big cruise balance to wait for now. 

• Like 2

I find it all very strange that NO ONE has received a refund. My 45 days are up on Friday and my cruise personalisers disappeared the same day, as the operative i spoke too did it whilst i was on the phone. Within 24 hours I received the cancellation invoices showing no cancellation charge. Since then NOTHING! I seriously wonder if Carnival is in serious trouble. I can think of no other reason to hold back refunds from EVERYONE. If i am right then all FCCs will be worthless. ABTA would not have the money to pay everyone and we would all have to bear the loss. I really hope i am wrong as i cannot afford to lose thousands of pounds.

10 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Wish I didn't agree with you, but I think I do.

Barclaycard told me that they could not issue a charge back for my lengthy cruise refund because I cancelled the cruise, not the cruise line. 
However they did tell me that if the cruise company went bust then they would then be able to help me at that point and to get back to them. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

I find it all very strange that NO ONE has received a refund. My 45 days are up on Friday and my cruise personalisers disappeared the same day, as the operative i spoke too did it whilst i was on the phone. Within 24 hours I received the cancellation invoices showing no cancellation charge. Since then NOTHING! I seriously wonder if Carnival is in serious trouble. I can think of no other reason to hold back refunds from EVERYONE. If i am right then all FCCs will be worthless. ABTA would not have the money to pay everyone and we would all have to bear the loss. I really hope i am wrong as i cannot afford to lose thousands of pounds.

Carnival are not, at the moment, in trouble because Cunard are paying refunds and they are part of Carnival. I think they might be quicker to refund because they only have 3 ships where P&O have refunds for 7 ships.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

As I have said from day one, I am convinced beyond any doubt whatsoever that the money is being withheld purely to aid cash flow. I think that we will see it, but right at the end of the stated time window.

Being able to hold on to hundreds of millions of pounds worth of customers cash for several months beyond when it should have been returned to them makes life in the current crisis a whole lot easier for them when they have next to no revenue coming in but still have many millions of pounds of fixed and variable costs per month. The fact that it is both illegal (refunds are due in 14 days) and immoral (as customers have their own cash flow issues) counts for nothing when a company loses its moral compass. 

• Like 5

Slightly off topic but we had a flight,hotel,cruise,tour all booked independently to Canada &Alaska for June. I cancelled the hotel an have the refund. Celebrity and Globus cancelled. I have requested the refund,but haven't got it yet,but only 10 days. The BA flights are still not cancelled and cost £3000+. If I waited for them to cancel I could get a refund. If they didn't cancel We would lose the money or fly to Canada. The voucher was not any good as it was only 12 months. On Monday they increased to validity of the voucher to 2 years. We decided to take the voucher. I phoned on Monday and got through ok and just got the voucher. That's 60 hours. Just hope we can use it in the next 2 years. It can be used for BA holidays, so not too bad. Hopefully somebody will let us go somewhere, ANYWHERE will do.

Edited by zap99
Error
  • Like 1

Hi Les sorry to worry you it seems at least we are seeing the same on the personeliser for June cruise mine was for Aurora 5TH OF June .I will post if I see any change on that . I also checked my cruise listings and it shows on there as well not surprised at that they never updated that for 2 cruises for next year if we ever sail again . We have one to pay for september this year will be cancelling before final payment cant go through all this again .