Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, staygulf said:

I’m amazed that you managed to do that as every email I send them gets met with a standard delay response saying it may take 45 days to deal with my query.  

You need to e-mail Paul Ludlow, on my last one I received a reply in 3 and a half hours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

You need to e-mail Paul Ludlow, on my last one I received a reply in 3 and a half hours.

I don't think that Paul Ludlow makes a difference, a friend of ours is still waiting for a refund from a March cruise that was cancelled after a few days in,  they have written to Mr Ludlow and had a reply from someone in his office saying that they can confirm that her refund request has been received but refunds are currently taking up to 60 days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, staygulf said:

I am in the process of preparing my money claim on line as I intend to sue P and O and Carnival next Tuesday which will be 60 days after my claim. They had previously told me my claim had been escalated and should be 10 days, that was weeks ago.

 

If I get Judgment, assuming they don't pay me plus costs, I intend to proceed with a winding up order against Carnival.

 

Wow, that appears to be pretty serious stuff.

 

I shall look forward to developments. You'll be pleased to know that there is considerable interest in this thread elsewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I expected to come back to this thread to a bit of positivity and calmness now that we know some of our cc friends have started to receive refunds. 

Knowing there is movement is good enough for me at the moment and I am so pleased for the people who have received them. 

Instead, we are suing P&O, winding up Carnival and getting Paul Ludlow in court!!!

Each to their own... 😊

Andy 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I expected to come back to this thread to a bit of positivity and calmness now that we know some of our cc friends have started to receive refunds. 

Knowing there is movement is good enough for me at the moment and I am so pleased for the people who have received them. 

Instead, we are suing P&O, winding up Carnival and getting Paul Ludlow in court!!!

Each to their own... 😊

Andy 

 

 

Can I just say that I love your take on things - always very sensible but often make me smile too 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked my credit card and there is a credit of £1972 showing from P & O which represents the full amount that I was expecting. To give everyone some idea I was in the premises of the well known travel agent within two hours of receiving the email outlining the changes in booking conditions on the 11th March therefore my cancellation must have been one of the first. Nobody has been more frustrated than me over this process but no amount of foot stamping and tantrums will make it happen any quicker. I know it is hard but be patient.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Joseph Bloggs said:

Just checked my credit card and there is a credit of £1972 showing from P & O which represents the full amount that I was expecting. To give everyone some idea I was in the premises of the well known travel agent within two hours of receiving the email outlining the changes in booking conditions on the 11th March therefore my cancellation must have been one of the first. Nobody has been more frustrated than me over this process but no amount of foot stamping and tantrums will make it happen any quicker. I know it is hard but be patient.

Excellent news.👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Joseph Bloggs said:

Just checked my credit card and there is a credit of £1972 showing from P & O which represents the full amount that I was expecting. To give everyone some idea I was in the premises of the well known travel agent within two hours of receiving the email outlining the changes in booking conditions on the 11th March therefore my cancellation must have been one of the first. Nobody has been more frustrated than me over this process but no amount of foot stamping and tantrums will make it happen any quicker. I know it is hard but be patient.

Good to know that more people are getting their refunds.

 

I was pleased to know mine was on it's way last night especially as I only sent my refund request form to P&O 25th April after my June cruise was cancelled.  I really can't figure out how they are selecting who to refund in what order.  My sister told me to take a look at P&O Twitter last night because so many people are ranting about the amount of time P&O are taking to deal with refunds and all getting the same reply that they are inundated and working as quickly as possible to action refunds.  I am now thinking that I did the right thing by emailing P&O guest relations politely pointing out that I thought that 60 days was unacceptable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I expected to come back to this thread to a bit of positivity and calmness now that we know some of our cc friends have started to receive refunds. 

Knowing there is movement is good enough for me at the moment and I am so pleased for the people who have received them. 

Instead, we are suing P&O, winding up Carnival and getting Paul Ludlow in court!!!

Each to their own... 😊

Andy 

 


Never a dull day on here Andy! Although a handful of people have now received refunds, two things strike me. Those who have received refunds so far had either been chasing P&O (which they shouldn’t have to do, but seems to have paid off) or, as in the case of the example just posted, were right at the end of the 60 days (having possibly applied when it was stated as 45 days). 
 

Like you, I haven’t been chasing mine but fear that our patience will be abused by P&O making us wait the full 60 days, as many of us guessed would happen. If those who haven’t chased are only now beginning to get their money and right at the end of the extended refund window, it begs the question what on earth has P&O been doing over the last few months if not deliberately holding on to our cash to ease their cash flow. No other explanation holds water. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I expected to come back to this thread to a bit of positivity and calmness now that we know some of our cc friends have started to receive refunds. 

Knowing there is movement is good enough for me at the moment and I am so pleased for the people who have received them. 

Instead, we are suing P&O, winding up Carnival and getting Paul Ludlow in court!!!

Each to their own... 😊

Andy 

 

I agree with you when you say each to their own.   

 

I don't think that threatening P&O or any other large organisation is the way to go in the current situation, we are all aware that these are unprecedented times.  I know that I have been lucky but I was prepared to accept 60 days since we are in the very fortunate position of having a good income that has not been affected so are not in need of the cash but so many others are in desperate circumstances.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, staygulf said:

I am in the process of preparing my money claim on line as I intend to sue P and O and Carnival next Tuesday which will be 60 days after my claim. They had previously told me my claim had been escalated and should be 10 days, that was weeks ago.

 

If I get Judgment, assuming they don't pay me plus costs, I intend to proceed with a winding up order against Carnival.

 

Actually, Staygulf is doing all those waiting for refunds a favour.

 

Seven days after a Winding Up Order is issued, as notice is placed in the London Gazette.  Everyone else owed money by Carnival can then "piggy back" onto that and to recover what Carnival owes them.

 

So eventually, when Ludlow sell his DB11 to settle his liabilities, every one will get their share of their pound of flesh.

 

Which will be a button from one Ludlow's numerous shirts.

 

Alternatively, the Court will simply adjourn as they have done so twice now regarding an HMRC Winding Up order against Southend football club.  Which is a shame re Southend United, as although I don't follow football, I doubt they have much impact on the game!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Selbourne said:


Never a dull day on here Andy! Although a handful of people have now received refunds, two things strike me. Those who have received refunds so far had either been chasing P&O (which they shouldn’t have to do, but seems to have paid off) or, as in the case of the example just posted, were right at the end of the 60 days (having possibly applied when it was stated as 45 days). 
 

Like you, I haven’t been chasing mine but fear that our patience will be abused by P&O making us wait the full 60 days, as many of us guessed would happen. If those who haven’t chased are only now beginning to get their money and right at the end of the extended refund window, it begs the question what on earth has P&O been doing over the last few months if not deliberately holding on to our cash to ease their cash flow. No other explanation holds water. 

I think that you have hit the nail on the head saying that it is about cash flow.  It appears to me that things have started to move since Carnival managed to secure loans.

Edited by Josy1953
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

 

Actually, Staygulf is doing all those waiting for refunds a favour.

 

Seven days after a Winding Up Order is issued, as notice is placed in the London Gazette.  Everyone else owed money by Carnival can then "piggy back" onto that and to recover what Carnival owes them.

 

So eventually, when Ludlow sell his DB11 to settle his liabilities, every one will get their share of their pound of flesh.

 

Which will be a button from one Ludlow's numerous shirts.

 

Alternatively, the Court will simply adjourn as they have done so twice now regarding an HMRC Winding Up order against Southend football club.  Which is a shame re Southend United, as although I don't follow football, I doubt they have much impact on the game!

So basically you are saying come back down to earth!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Solent Richard said:

 

Wow, that appears to be pretty serious stuff.

 

I shall look forward to developments. You'll be pleased to know that there is considerable interest in this thread elsewhere.

Where Richard?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

 

Actually, Staygulf is doing all those waiting for refunds a favour.

 

Seven days after a Winding Up Order is issued, as notice is placed in the London Gazette.  Everyone else owed money by Carnival can then "piggy back" onto that and to recover what Carnival owes them.

 

So eventually, when Ludlow sell his DB11 to settle his liabilities, every one will get their share of their pound of flesh.

 

Which will be a button from one Ludlow's numerous shirts.

 

Alternatively, the Court will simply adjourn as they have done so twice now regarding an HMRC Winding Up order against Southend football club.  Which is a shame re Southend United, as although I don't follow football, I doubt they have much impact on the game!

I was not meaning to be critical of anyone's actions, good luck to them, it was just unexpected. 

I am not so sure about him doing us a favour though... 

Putting it into layman's terms, if somebody had a good chance of getting my business wound up, I wouldn't be paying anybody... 

Unprecedented circumstances will cause the courts to drag their feet, by which time, hopefully we will all have our money back... 

Andy 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy,

 

A similar course of action was discussed several weeks ago.  The posts all mysteriously disappeared when it was admitted that it was all calculated threats.  Deja Vue.  Will end with "I got my refund because I shouted loudly" before whatever deadline.  This post will self destruct in...…...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joseph Bloggs said:

Just checked my credit card and there is a credit of £1972 showing from P & O which represents the full amount that I was expecting. To give everyone some idea I was in the premises of the well known travel agent within two hours of receiving the email outlining the changes in booking conditions on the 11th March therefore my cancellation must have been one of the first. Nobody has been more frustrated than me over this process but no amount of foot stamping and tantrums will make it happen any quicker. I know it is hard but be patient.

Well said 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I don't think that Paul Ludlow makes a difference, a friend of ours is still waiting for a refund from a March cruise that was cancelled after a few days in,  they have written to Mr Ludlow and had a reply from someone in his office saying that they can confirm that her refund request has been received but refunds are currently taking up to 60 days.

My friend is still waiting too. Her Britannia TA was cancelled before she'd even finished packing her case.

Avril 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Selbourne said:


Never a dull day on here Andy! Although a handful of people have now received refunds, two things strike me. Those who have received refunds so far had either been chasing P&O (which they shouldn’t have to do, but seems to have paid off) or, as in the case of the example just posted, were right at the end of the 60 days (having possibly applied when it was stated as 45 days). 
 

Like you, I haven’t been chasing mine but fear that our patience will be abused by P&O making us wait the full 60 days, as many of us guessed would happen. If those who haven’t chased are only now beginning to get their money and right at the end of the extended refund window, it begs the question what on earth has P&O been doing over the last few months if not deliberately holding on to our cash to ease their cash flow. No other explanation holds water. 

+1.

You are spot on.

Every email and phone call has had a pleasant tone but stonewalling us anyway until at least the first 60 days of cancellations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

 

Can I just say that I love your take on things - always very sensible but often make me smile too 😉

Thank you for the kind words, although I have been getting as frustrated as everybody else. 

Not everyone likes my posts though, responses are being removed and I'm not sure why? 

Andy 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...